Asshats, unite!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Asshats, unite!

Post by palerider » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:48 pm

KC119 wrote:I'm new & I love this. Keep tellin' like it is. I appreciate it.
well, not to sound all mushy and sugar coated, but

WELCOME!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Joshkins

Post by Joshkins » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:59 pm

Y'all are such meanies and imma tell my momma on y'all....wtfe.. just keep being yourselves. You all give this place heart AND soul

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:25 pm

Joshkins wrote:Y'all are such meanies and imma tell my momma on y'all....wtfe.. just keep being yourselves. You all give this place heart AND soul
WELCOME!.......To you, too.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

ems

Post by ems » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:58 pm

I miss Pugsy... she never would have engaged in a thread like this! Classy and knowledgeable... helped anyone who asked. When I first started this journey she stayed on the phone with me until I got the hang of SH. When I had a question she was the first one I sent a PM to... along with one or two others. I seldom asked questions on the forum... didn't want to get attacked and feel stupid. I don't know why I hung around even after CPAP and I were getting along just fine. THAT was stupid.

I haven't been on this forum in a long time... but got several email suggesting I read this thread. Those people (last count 4) and I left this forum for the same reasons. Fortunately, they did get many of their questions answered in PMs by several people who hang around still... Kaiasgram, Kathy, Nate and The Wino being a few of them.

Many folks on this particular thread are a big part of the problem. You have no clue how people came to find this site or anything about their lives outside of this forum. The majority of new people came for support and knowledge. So you do tough love??? Sad!

My own take is that Pugsy had enough of this which is why she isn't here.

Talk amongst yourselves... See ya.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Joshkins

Post by Joshkins » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:23 pm

As a new person here and been using Cpap for a short amount of time I don't find it to be tough love. I chose this forum over the other because this one has life, people that can express themselves. The other place seemed like a prison to me. And I enjoy reading about others experience through this process. The freedom enjoyed here gives the experiences life and that much more easier to relate to than that the robots. I feel this forum has a place for everyone. All the different personalities is what makes this place so great.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:58 pm

ems wrote:I miss Pugsy... she never would have engaged in a thread like this! Classy and knowledgeable... helped anyone who asked. When I first started this journey she stayed on the phone with me until I got the hang of SH. When I had a question she was the first one I sent a PM to... along with one or two others. I seldom asked questions on the forum... didn't want to get attacked and feel stupid. I don't know why I hung around even after CPAP and I were getting along just fine. THAT was stupid.

I haven't been on this forum in a long time... but got several email suggesting I read this thread. Those people (last count 4) and I left this forum for the same reasons. Fortunately, they did get many of their questions answered in PMs by several people who hang around still... Kaiasgram, Kathy, Nate and The Wino being a few of them.

Many folks on this particular thread are a big part of the problem. You have no clue how people came to find this site or anything about their lives outside of this forum. The majority of new people came for support and knowledge. So you do tough love??? Sad!

My own take is that Pugsy had enough of this which is why she isn't here.

Talk amongst yourselves... See ya.
now, there, my friends, is a true asshat.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:59 pm

Joshkins wrote:As a new person here and been using Cpap for a short amount of time I don't find it to be tough love. I chose this forum over the other because this one has life, people that can express themselves. The other place seemed like a prison to me. And I enjoy reading about others experience through this process. The freedom enjoyed here gives the experiences life and that much more easier to relate to than that the robots. I feel this forum has a place for everyone. All the different personalities is what makes this place so great.
I'd say that you nailed it.

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:15 am

I agree ems! I see a long list of responses coming!

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:35 am

oh, yeah, and all the "oh, the poor pitiful newbies with their apnea brain fog can't figure things out", bs... who logged 'em into the internet and found this place? if they're that bad off, then let their minder hold their hands... really, you must be this tall to ride, and just having been able to FIND this place shows a certain level of cognitive ability
PR,

You are extremely ignorant about people who have cognitive disabilities. It is quite common to be very strong and weak in the same areas. But continue to believe what you want with your prejudices and ignorance all in the name of showing how you are the baddest poster on this forum.

49er

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:22 am

Interesting. See, there is no thread that can be started just for fun, frolic and confusion without asshats coming out of the woodwork to bitch. While a lot of people think I called the more juvenile of us asshats (see also stupid, etc...) it was meant more as the perception of a lot of people who take themselves far too seriously, and can't figure out why anyone would laugh have of those of us who let our goofiness shine... PR can be harsh in his way, but if you're going to cut slack to the newbies for being sleep deprived wretches, why not make the same excuses for him? He deals with his own OSA, and helps several others near and dear to himself. But he's an ass for being snarky. Classy Saint Pugsy isn't dead. She's not avoiding the forum because of us "problem children". For crissakes, get a grip. She has things in her life more important day to day than the forum, and will eventually be back.

And, FWIW, I have seen several newbies post that they LIKE this forum due to the personalities. Like I said in my first post...if you don't like, IGNORE. And really...how ridiculous is it that anyone would take this thread seriously enough, much less SEVERAL people, to call or PM the calvary? *snort*

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:26 am

+ 1

M'ohms

Post by M'ohms » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:56 am

Another +1 from me. This is an interesting and intelligent group of people who just so happen to have the same problems. Two heads are definitely better than one, and I've certainly learned a lot and looked at things differently (with better outcomes) on many occasions through the experiences of "asshats". Really, how bad can people be if they spend time on this forum offering their assistance to strangers? I love this wonderful conglomeration of forum members. Just like real life; and as always, I feel like I have friends here who make me realize that I am not alone with this affliction!

On a side note, I want to say, too, that palerider is not only very helpful, but also is a concerned and caring person. I really dig his sense of humor and no BS attitude. I wish more people would see that.

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:13 am

I agree ems and whoever deleted my post!

Joshkins

Post by Joshkins » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 am

Sclark08 wrote:I agree ems and whoever deleted my post!
Which post was deleted because I see the one you posted 3 hours before this one

Therapist

Post by Therapist » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:59 am

Joshkins wrote:
Sclark08 wrote:I agree ems and whoever deleted my post!
Which post was deleted because I see the one you posted 3 hours before this one
Is she lying? And if so, why?

I know how to view deleted posts and she has no deleted posts.