Asshats, unite!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Asshats, unite!

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:28 am

49er wrote:But continue to believe what you want with your prejudices and ignorance all in the name of showing how you are the baddest poster on this forum.
funny, I feel the same about you...

only, I think, based on what some people have said, that I occasionally add some useful technical knowledge, and some people actually claim to appreciate my off brand of humor.

but you probably just figure they're deranged and don't count.

DERANGED FOLKS UNITE!

although, maybe I should just say "Well, bless your soul!" and leave it at that.

Last edited by palerider on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:32 am

Tatooed Lady wrote: why not make the same excuses for him? He deals with his own OSA,
no no.. I don't DESERVE sympathy, or consideration, I'm evil, and nasty, and a waste of oxygen.... and other bad things.

pay attention!!!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:35 am

M'ohms wrote:On a side note, I want to say, too, that palerider is not only very helpful, but also is a concerned and caring person. I really dig his sense of humor and no BS attitude. I wish more people would see that.
<3

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:05 am

PR is one of the few straight-up advice givers here.....

Enough of the namby-pamby responses to the whining about "my pressure is too high",'my mask itches","why is my humidity dry". Read the freakin owners manual, cpaptalk WIKI and Pugsy's step by step guidance!!

Personally, I'm kind of glad that Pugsy has taken a break... it allows her to spend quality time with her family and allows other experts to step up and answer questions... and lastly, she had become some people's personal free medical advisor.

I need free medical advice... where's Pugsy?

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

Therapist

Post by Therapist » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:39 am

Julie wrote:Why on earth do you care?
First, tell me why you care about why I care. (Not that I care.)

old dude

Post by old dude » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:50 am

Therapist wrote:
While I'm not a stakeholder in this little exchange, I must point out that this was spoken like a true therapist!

mossytreesprite

Post by mossytreesprite » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:45 pm

I do want to add a couple more cents about PR. Whether or not he's your cup of tea, he has been really helpful and given me some great advice that really helped both my understanding and my practice of treating my apnea. For that, I am very thankful.

This forum does take some getting used to, and it's definitely not for everyone, but it has helped me and I have laughed more than once. I already added my input about first-time posters - and I still stand by that opinion that kid gloves are a helpful thing for first-time posters who are scared and confused, but I have seen people who post for the first time and clearly aren't even attempting to listen to the (good) advice they are being given, so I get where some folks are coming from. But it's true - online forums are no place for wusses, and if you don't have thick skin when you start, then you better develop it pretty quickly or you'd be better off leaving. I'm no stranger to hard-a** treatment myself, I used to be a ballerina, and that may sound dainty to most folks, but I'm telling you - those b*^ches cut to the bone and go for blood. Your self-confidence will be shredded in two seconds flat and used for resin on the tips of their pointe shoes.

That being said, I still don't like the bickering, but that's human nature - along with judgement, and the anonymity helps to stir the pot a little faster. You just have to take this place for what it is, because if you stick around, you'll learn a hell of a lot...
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:50 pm

I am not very eloquent with the words so :

+++ a bunch to that last one
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:02 pm

mossytreesprite wrote:I do want to add a couple more cents about PR. Whether or not he's your cup of tea, he has been really helpful and given me some great advice that really helped both my understanding and my practice of treating my apnea. For that, I am very thankful.
*blush*
mossytreesprite wrote: I used to be a ballerina, and that may sound dainty to most folks
pfft.... that's damned HARD physical work! it takes a LOT to make movement look that graceful.

mossytreesprite

Post by mossytreesprite » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:59 pm

pfft.... that's damned HARD physical work! it takes a LOT to make movement look that graceful.
You got that right and I now blame it for every problem I have now, to wit, staring at oneself in the mirror for 8+ hours a day while being verbally lambasted by instructors and classmates for one's physical shortcomings (I joined weight watchers at age 15 while weighing about 130 at 5'7" - you can bet that the other WW folks hated me) led to a serious eating disorder; the lack of adequate nutrition in my formative years led to severe spinal degeneration starting at age 23; the treatment of the severe pain caused by the degeneration caused (at least partially) my severe sleep apnea, so there you go. Of course, no one held my feet to the fire to keep dancing, and I really loved the feeling of flying I experienced in my heyday. Much like this forum, though, it was my choice to be there, so if I was upset, there was really only myself to blame (see there how I brought it back around to the topic at hand? )
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:09 pm

mossytreesprite wrote:(see there how I brought it back around to the topic at hand? )
I did notice the grace and poise that you exhibited as you danced around that before coming back to center

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:23 pm

old dude wrote:
Therapist wrote:
While I'm not a stakeholder in this little exchange, I must point out that this was spoken like a true therapist!
And how does that make you feel?

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:15 pm

Tatooed Lady wrote:
old dude wrote:
Therapist wrote:
And how does that make you feel?
alert! this thread was in danger of falling off the first page!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:21 pm

I never see any of sclark's posts unless someone quotes her.
Could you lovely people please stop doing that?

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:30 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I never see any of sclark's posts unless someone quotes her.
Could you lovely people please stop doing that?
could be your peril sensitive sunglasses are protecting you from it.

she *DID* deliberately insult everybody here except pugsy... perhaps someone with a spam button remembers