GD DME...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mossytreesprite

Re: GD DME...

Post by mossytreesprite » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:05 pm

S:\Marketing & Sales\Marketing Materials\Xact 920 CWM
Indeed, will do! Thanks
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:54 pm

Don't roll over and pay them without a huge fight.

Even then, don't pay them!
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

mossytreesprite

Post by mossytreesprite » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:03 pm

I will fight Jan; no doubt about it - thanks!

I just realized that in my attempt to quote BlackSpinner, I somehow managed to paste a path to a document I was providing to a technical writer at work. Bad Mossy, I need to separate work and play. Oops.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

mossytreesprite

Post by mossytreesprite » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Just got off the phone with DME, transferred, re-called, one hour of my life gone...and I still don't know if they're going to help - they will call me back tomorrow. The first woman I talked to thought that they had to give me a new mask when they switched my CPAP for an ASV, because, like, sure - "I work for the DME and I don't have a clue about some of our most commonly distributed equipment, so dontcha need a new mask for a different type of machine?"
All that aside, the thing that is really getting me is that the entire bill for this one visit on Nov 5th, which totals $462.08 (and that's my portion), was for an ASV (Respironics) that they had me use for FIVE DAYS before they came back and switched it for a Resmed VPAP! I never asked them to do this. At the time, I was existing with a nightly AHI around 70. I just needed help and I was desperate for anything that would work - I feel duped and taken advantage of. Argh. I can feel my jaw clench just thinking about it (I better be careful, or I'll have a dental bill to add to the other).

As Frank Costanza said (with hands flailing in exasperation) "SERENITY NOW!!!!"

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:40 pm

mossytreesprite wrote:
Wasn't that a space ship? It blew up some big other authority figures didn't it?

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

SleepyEyes21

Post by SleepyEyes21 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:02 am

mossytreesprite wrote:Just got off the phone with DME, transferred, re-called, one hour of my life gone...and I still don't know if they're going to help - they will call me back tomorrow. The first woman I talked to thought that they had to give me a new mask when they switched my CPAP for an ASV, because, like, sure - "I work for the DME and I don't have a clue about some of our most commonly distributed equipment, so dontcha need a new mask for a different type of machine?"
All that aside, the thing that is really getting me is that the entire bill for this one visit on Nov 5th, which totals $462.08 (and that's my portion), was for an ASV (Respironics) that they had me use for FIVE DAYS before they came back and switched it for a Resmed VPAP! I never asked them to do this. At the time, I was existing with a nightly AHI around 70. I just needed help and I was desperate for anything that would work - I feel duped and taken advantage of. Argh. I can feel my jaw clench just thinking about it (I better be careful, or I'll have a dental bill to add to the other).

So sorry to hear about your frustrations, mossy. Like Janknitz said, contact the right people to complain. Here are some links I looked up for you:

* Oregon Department of Justice Consumer Protection: http://www.doj.state.or.us/consumer/pages/hotline.aspx
* OregonLawHelp.org: http://oregonlawhelp.org/issues/consume ... complaints

Keep fighting for quality services and care!

mossytreesprite

Post by mossytreesprite » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Well, I feel like I may be dreaming, so you guys can tell me if this post is actually here, but DME just called me and said that they agreed that they should credit me all the supplies they gave me on that day. What-the-WHAT!? I'm not going to jinx it. What a relief! I guess things do go your way every once in a while...

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:41 pm

mossytreesprite wrote:Well, I feel like I may be dreaming, so you guys can tell me if this post is actually here, but DME just called me and said that they agreed that they should credit me all the supplies they gave me on that day. What-the-WHAT!? I'm not going to jinx it. What a relief! I guess things do go your way every once in a while...
it *might* be a case of a mistake.... or it MIGHT be a case of shady business practices, and making profit off those people that don't go WHAT THE (*$()@!??? TAKE THIS SHIT AND SHOVE IT!"

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

mossytreesprite

Post by mossytreesprite » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:53 pm

It's true - there are many customers who would have just said "oh well, it's not worth the hassle. I'll just pay." The fact that I got them to remove the charges after only an hour on the phone (seems like a lot, but I know the possibilities) makes it pretty clear that they knew what they did was wrong. I mean, I still have a darn big bill to pay, but I'll take the $300+ "rebate" - every little bit helps.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:57 pm

mossytreesprite wrote: but I'll take the $300+ "rebate" - every little bit helps.
well done!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:52 pm

So, in essence, you were well compensated for your time on the phone.
It might be a decent living if it weren't so G-D aggravating!

tuzacat

Post by tuzacat » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:57 pm

What a relief for you! It never hurts to speak up!

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:57 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:So, in essence, you were well compensated for your time on the phone.
It might be a decent living if it weren't so G-D aggravating!
that, and the fact that it was her own money they were giving back to her.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:16 pm

But I bet they FELT like it belonged to them!

mossytreesprite

Post by mossytreesprite » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:18 pm

If I could figure out how to earn $300 an hour in my career as an environmental scientist, I really would have something figured out, huh?! I might even be willing to pay all of the DME's erroneous charges, because, heck, I could afford it!

And I'm sure they felt it belonged to them.