Need Advice-AirFit F10 Leaks!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
NateS

Re: Need Advice-AirFit F10 Leaks!

Post by NateS » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:25 pm

PST wrote:Hi Nate,

I haven't followed the whole thread, so I apologize if this is redundant. I've been using the Quattro Air pretty successfully for a couple of months. It's kind of a cross between the AirFit 10 and the old Quattro. The mask part is like the Airfit, and the whole assembly is lighter with fewer parts than the older Resmed masks. However, it has more top support than the AirFit. I know no one can just keep trying one mask after another, but this might combine part of what you like about the AirFit with better leak control. I'm not perfectly satisfied, but I never expect to be.

By the way, I was disappointed to learn that you don't have the same beard as your avatar. That would look cool with any full face mask.

PST
Sorry I guess I missed seeing this post of yours until now, PST, and I apologize for disappointing you with my avatar.
If I actually looked like that, and found a mask that would work with that hirsute magnificence, I could probably get paid to serve as the posterboy for that company's website ads and videos!

Regards, Nate

PS - But I'd rather avoid that plastic thing on my forehead shown with the Quattro Air. Doesn't that dig into your forehead?

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

Quickstrike

Post by Quickstrike » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:26 pm

The Quattro air/Airfit cushion is too narrow for my wide bridge and face causing major leaks. The F&P Simplus is much more comfortable and works a lot better for me.

redpenner

Post by redpenner » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:40 am

I'm loving this mask - my face is hard to fit, and this one is practically leak-free around the mask. However, I seem to be getting a lot of very noisy leaking around where the elbow fits into the mask (the "porthole" area). I'm guessing the little silicone gasket or whatever has gotten stretched. The mask itself doesn't need to be replaced but the noise and leaking at the porthole is going to cause me to replace the mask anyway. I'm not talking about the air coming through the vent holes, which is pretty quiet, but right down around the connection. Anyone else have this problem?

M'ohms

Post by M'ohms » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:37 am

redpenner wrote:I'm loving this mask - my face is hard to fit, and this one is practically leak-free around the mask. However, I seem to be getting a lot of very noisy leaking around where the elbow fits into the mask (the "porthole" area). I'm guessing the little silicone gasket or whatever has gotten stretched. The mask itself doesn't need to be replaced but the noise and leaking at the porthole is going to cause me to replace the mask anyway. I'm not talking about the air coming through the vent holes, which is pretty quiet, but right down around the connection. Anyone else have this problem?
I have. I took the connector off and reattached it. I also rerouted my hose because I thought it might have tugged the connector loose. Problem solved.