Need Advice-AirFit F10 Leaks!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
NateS

Re: Need Advice-AirFit F10 Leaks!

Post by NateS » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:29 pm

palerider wrote:
NateS wrote:I did it!

Last night, for the first time, I managed to wear the AirFit F10 for 6 1/2 hours before the leak alarm went off, and had a likely accurate AHI of 0.00 with a 95% leak rate right on 24.0!
keep at it! you're making progress on those leaks. now if you can get your 95% number lower, won't get waked up by the alarm anymore! (you could, of course, just turn the leak alarm off) and keep working on the leaks in quiet
Thanks, Palerider!
I would feel guilty turning off the leak alarm because while I usually only hear the alarm, my girlfriend can hear the noise of the mask itself when it leaks and and it wakes her up.
Regards, Nate

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:46 pm

NateS wrote:
palerider wrote:

Last night, for the first time, I managed to wear the AirFit F10 for 6 1/2 hours before the leak alarm went off, and had a likely accurate AHI of 0.00 with a 95% leak rate right on 24.0!
keep at it! you're making progress on those leaks. now if you can get your 95% number lower, won't get waked up by the alarm anymore! (you could, of course, just turn the leak alarm off) and keep working on the leaks in quiet
Thanks, Palerider!
I would feel guilty turning off the leak alarm because while I usually only hear the alarm, my girlfriend can hear the noise of the mask itself when it leaks and and it wakes her up.
she can flop an arm over and mash the mask onto your face a little harder *lol* I dunno

we'll hope for getting the leaks under control and then both of you can sleep through

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

NateS

Post by NateS » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:56 pm

Last Night for the most part went well with the first Remzzz - see charts

Any further comments or suggestions based on last night's charts?
Not sure what happened around 6:15AM - I think I pulled the mask away from my face or knocked it loose or something in my sleep - and then had trouble getting the Remzzz liner correctly back into place in the dark. Come to think about it, I think the F10 seemed as if it had ridden up my face a bit and I tried to pull it downward and goofed up the liner.

Regards, Nate

NateS

Post by NateS » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:00 pm

Also, when following the instructions about the importance of pulling the edges of the Remzzz out from the mask, I worried whether I could pull it out too far and have to start all over again, or whether the Remzzz would stop me from pulling it out too far.

Anyone know?

Nate

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:00 pm

NateS wrote:Also, when following the instructions about the importance of pulling the edges of the Remzzz out from the mask, I worried whether I could pull it out too far and have to start all over again, or whether the Remzzz would stop me from pulling it out too far.
Anyone know?

Nate
Yes, you can pull a Remzzz too far out but it's easy to train yourself to do it correctly. BTW, as far as I know I'm the only person I've heard of on CPAPtalk that uses BOTH Remzzz and Padacheek together. For about six months I've gotten really nice leak results and super plush comfort, all by placing one Remzzz (re-washed) on top my Padacheek. As a bonus, this gives me extra padding which soaks up my occasional drool. (can't believe I just told everybody that )

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

NateS

Post by NateS » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:46 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:
NateS wrote:Also, when following the instructions about the importance of pulling the edges of the Remzzz out from the mask, I worried whether I could pull it out too far and have to start all over again, or whether the Remzzz would stop me from pulling it out too far.
Anyone know?

Nate
Yes, you can pull a Remzzz too far out but it's easy to train yourself to do it correctly. BTW, as far as I know I'm the only person I've heard of on CPAPtalk that uses BOTH Remzzz and Padacheek together. For about six months I've gotten really nice leak results and super plush comfort, all by placing one Remzzz (re-washed) on top my Padacheek. As a bonus, this gives me extra padding which soaks up my occasional drool. (can't believe I just told everybody that )
Getting back to your Padacheek+Remzzz combo, which did you start with? Does using only one without the other give you leaks with the AirFit F10? Or was it for the drool?

Best wishes, Nate

Macpage

Post by Macpage » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:20 am

Great! I'm amazed you got the leaks down that much in such a short period of time. It just goes to show what can be accomplished with these things when one gives it their all!

Gotta love the smiley face. I just can't get one even with my AHI below one. I always have a few centrals as noise in my wake moments

Keep us posted on how it continues to with the liners. Seems like a decent start. I'm gonna have to give them a try as well just to add to my experience.

Best,

Mike

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:32 am

NateS wrote: Getting back to your Padacheek+Remzzz combo, which did you start with? Does using only one without the other give you leaks with the AirFit F10? Or was it for the drool?

Best wishes, Nate
I was a long time user of Padacheek back in the days when I was using the Wisp nasal mask, then that usage carried over for a year and a half to my Quattro FX days, interspersed with some testing of the Remzzz. When I started using the AirFit F10 I was still getting leaks so one night I tried putting one Remzzz on top my Padacheek and liked the way it felt (Remzzz is cotton, ie. soft baby jersey) plus it seemed cooler on my face. My leaks went down and stabilized well below the large leak zone. I can use a Padacheek or a Remzzz alone,, however the leak stability (constancy?) seems to suffer and my leaks tend to zoom up and down unpredictably. IOW, I don't achieve zero leaks but at least the leaks I get are now predictable and I can adjust for them in the conventional ways. Hope that explains things. Oh yeah, one other thing: I use a snorepin shown below:
http://www.amazon.com/Snorepin-Smarter- ... B000BABW5Q
I find they have to be taped down so the adhesive from my tape would sometimes get on the Padacheek and would be very difficult to get off without using a solvent. With the Remzzz I can just toss them into the garbage if they get contaminated with the tape adhesive.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Lukie

Post by Lukie » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:14 pm

My AirFit F 10 leaks too. You have to make sure you get a new mask cushion every month. The silicone gets floppy.
Also make sure you change your head gear when it gets stretched out. I buy a new one at Amazon because my ins won't pay for every three months.
Also pull it down a bit on your nose and tighten the lower straps when you feel a leak.

NateS

Post by NateS » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:25 pm

Lukie wrote:My AirFit F 10 leaks too. You have to make sure you get a new mask cushion every month. The silicone gets floppy.
Also make sure you change your head gear when it gets stretched out. I buy a new one at Amazon because my ins won't pay for every three months.
Also pull it down a bit on your nose and tighten the lower straps when you feel a leak.
Thanks for that good advice, Lukie.

I really appreciate it!

Best wishes, Nate

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:47 pm

Lukie wrote: You have to make sure you get a new mask cushion every month. The silicone gets floppy.
Hmmm... that's not my experience with the F10 cushions. Three months and counting on mine. I do wear mine fairly loose and use a liner, plus my pressures seldom go over 20mmH20.

NateS

Post by NateS » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:08 pm

Here's Last Night - I'm starting to wonder whether all these 0.00 nights are real:

Also note I didn't do so hot starting around 6:45AM and thereafter, and that my 95% Leak Rate was above 24 - up to 30.00.

Not sure what if anything I should correct, or whether I should just chalk it up to normal variations.

Also, my mouth was extremely dry this morning - even more so than usual - probably due to those large leaks, I assume? (The main reason I switched to an FFM was to try to eliminate the dry mouth.)

Regards, Nate

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:16 pm

NateS wrote:Here's Last Night - I'm starting to wonder whether all these 0.00 nights are real:
zoom in on the flow waveform, to where you can see individual breaths, and then scroll across it.

you'll be able to see if there are times where you're having unflagged events.

remember, anything that is less than 10 seconds doesn't count for scoring purposes.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:28 pm

Nate, I read somewhere, recently here, that if you get 0.0 several days in a row you need to unplug your machine for a while. Then check your AHI the next night.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

NateS

Post by NateS » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:38 pm

OkyDoky wrote:Nate, I read somewhere, recently here, that if you get 0.0 several days in a row you need to unplug your machine for a while. Then check your AHI the next night.
Thanks - I'll try that.

Regards, Nate