first night on vpap auto

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sleeprider

Re: first night on vpap auto

Post by Sleeprider » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:44 pm

Greg, can you post a summary of the different prescriptions you have tried? It is on the statistics page. In fact just do a screen shot of that and maybe the overview graphs that show the multiple day AHI scores, pressure etc.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:56 pm

Here is what I can get you. Sleepy head does not report pressures properly it never displays epap or ps. You have to zoom in to the mask pressure graph to find out what epap and ps are.

I had the vpap auto set at 14 epap 8 ps and ipap set at 25. For a couple nights I had some aerophagia issues. I lowered ipap to 23.4 Erich stopped the epap from going above 15.6. Those nights I woke up in the morning and belched a couple times and was good. No real problems. Ahi was between 3 and 4.2 a couple days. I lowered ps to 6 to try to get ahi down and the intense stomach pains started woke up at 2 last night and after walking and releasing the pressure I set ps back to 8 and finished sleeping with no issues with aerophagia

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Greg Riddle wrote:Here is what I can get you. Sleepy head does not report pressures properly it never displays epap or ps. You have to zoom in to the mask pressure graph to find out what epap and ps are.
SH needs to be updated for the aircurve models, since they came out after the current version. I'm hoping that Mark will feel up to doing that soon.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:45 pm

palerider wrote:
Greg Riddle wrote:Here is what I can get you. Sleepy head does not report pressures properly it never displays epap or ps. You have to zoom in to the mask pressure graph to find out what epap and ps are.
SH needs to be updated for the aircurve models, since they came out after the current version. I'm hoping that Mark will feel up to doing that soon.
It doesn't bother me. I can wait until its updated.

Tonight I'm going to try epap 15 ps 8.5 ipap 23.5.

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:51 am

Those are some pretty intense pressures. What surprises me is that you experience more problems with air ingestion with lower PS. Doesn't make sense.

Those kind of pressure support levels would be very difficult for me. I have not followed all the posts, so I'm curious what happened when you used a much lower pressure support, say less than 4.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:57 pm

The reason it's worse with lower ps is the lower ps allows the epap to go higher if I have a setup of 14 epap ps of 8 and ipap max at 25, in auto mode the epap can go as high as 17. If you lower ps to 5 then epep can get as high as 20.

I set the machine back to the settings I had a week or so ago when ahi was at 2 our less. It was epap min 13 ps 8 and ipap 23.6

Also did some reading about aerophagia and am going to try the technique where you tuck your chin close to your chest

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:02 am

That was better took an ambien before bed only woke up once
Ahi was 2.3. Don't have days because my Dumbass forgot to put sd card back in

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:39 am

Night 2 keeping my chin tucked close to my chest. The pressure got up to 17 epap 25 ipap and no aerophagia issues.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:06 am

Turned epap up to 15 and no bloating this mooring and ahi was down to 1.6

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:08 am

Greg Riddle wrote:Turned epap up to 15 and no bloating this mooring and ahi was down to 1.6
sounds like you might be onto something

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:28 am

I'll probably go to 15.6 tonight. I've also been considering changing trogger from very high to high. I know medium don't work

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:41 pm

Greg Riddle wrote:I'll probably go to 15.6 tonight. I've also been considering changing trogger from very high to high. I know medium don't work
you do understand what trigger and cycle do, and when you should change them, yes?

ie, not just because Tan said so.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Yes there have been times that I felt that the machine is pushing me to inhale to soon. But the experiment that I tried with trigger on med caused central apneas. I don't have any with trigger on very high but I have never tried high.

I have also been lowering ps also I am going to see if tidal flow goes down with it. It would be nice to be able to monitor o2 but I don't have a meter

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:11 pm

Greg Riddle wrote:Yes there have been times that I felt that the machine is pushing me to inhale to soon. But the experiment that I tried with trigger on med caused central apneas. I don't have any with trigger on very high but I have never tried high.

I have also been lowering ps also I am going to see if tidal flow goes down with it. It would be nice to be able to monitor o2 but I don't have a meter
strange, I can't see how trigger would affect centrals.

with it on very high, it doesn't take but the tinyest bit of an inhale to trigger ipap.

aliexpress.com has the cms50i for under 100$.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:11 pm

Thanks for the website. There it's an earlier post that showed the central I had the night I tested medium
I had 13 centrals in 5 hours on med and on very high I have about one a week