first night on vpap auto

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: first night on vpap auto

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Greg Riddle wrote:Im still wondering how the conversation with the sleep dr is going to go. Curious to see if she bitches about my adjustments

They can't bitch too much the dme screwed up the settings when I picked up the vpap
just try and remember who's supposed to be working for whom.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:00 am

palerider wrote:
Greg Riddle wrote:Im still wondering how the conversation with the sleep dr is going to go. Curious to see if she bitches about my adjustments

They can't bitch too much the dme screwed up the settings when I picked up the vpap
just try and remember who's supposed to be working for whom.
Even if she didn't like it I will not care. Everything I've done has helped. And I feel a lot better.

Last night was better. I slept longer. Oa was cut in half. Decongestant worked well

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:08 pm

Raised ps to 8.6 to hold ipap at 21.6 or above. The pressure spend little time at 21. Every time it drops to 21 it immediately goes back up. It may cut down on oas

I really don't want to raise epap. I still get some aerophagia at late at night.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Tried a couple setting changes and ahi for last 2 days was 4 and 6. Went back to epap 13 ps 8. I also limited ipap to 23.5. The upper limit stopped the aerophagia. It may be adding to ahi but I think it is a good trade. The aerophagia was waking me once sometimes twice a night

This may be my last setting change. Everything I've done from this baseline has made things worse

tan

Post by tan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:04 pm

Greg Riddle wrote:Tried a couple setting changes and ahi for last 2 days was 4 and 6. Went back to epap 13 ps 8. I also limited ipap to 23.5. The upper limit stopped the aerophagia. It may be adding to ahi but I think it is a good trade. The aerophagia was waking me once sometimes twice a night

This may be my last setting change. Everything I've done from this baseline has made things worse
Great Sludge said that such flow limitations (below 0.4) should not make any differences. So you better return your settings to the original ones. All your sufferings were a product of your imagination

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:20 pm

tan wrote:Great Sludge
mocking doesn't become you, at least not in this instance.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:47 pm

I'm going to slowly raise the epap .2 every 3 days to try to get the oas down. Hyponeas and central apneas are down to 1 or less per night. Oas are about 2 per hour

tan

Post by tan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:51 pm

Greg Riddle wrote:I'm going to slowly raise the epap .2 every 3 days to try to get the oas down. Hyponeas and central apneas are down to 1 or less per night. Oas are about 2 per hour
Overall, are you consistently better?

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Extremely. But considering I was basically untreated for more than 4 months I'm not surprised I'm better. Most of the symptoms that went along with apnea are fine. The pain in my legs is gone the muscle twitches have stopped. Headaches have stopped. I feel awake. My mood has gotten better, my wife would say a lot better. I feel optimistic. I don't feel like a mindless drone anymore I feel conscious. I've also lost five pounds in the last week. I've probably gained 30 in the last 6 months. It's nice to go the other way.
The only thing left is sleep. I still sleep a good bit but I figure I have some catching up to do

tan

Post by tan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:00 pm

just curious: Is your new setup(21/13) better than the titrated settings of 19/14? Can you display charts for comparison?

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:11 pm

I don't have charts but when I go back to dr for follow up I plan on getting a copy of everything. I do know ahi was at 7 at 19 14.
Yes the setup is ipap 23.5 epap 13 ps 8. I had to limit ipap due to way to much air in my stomach. I changed the epap to 13.2 for tonight if like to get the ahi close to 1

Thanks for your advice on getting the setup this far.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Greg Riddle wrote:I don't have charts but when I go back to dr for follow up I plan on getting a copy of everything. I do know ahi was at 7 at 19 14.
Yes the setup is ipap 23.5 epap 13 ps 8. I had to limit ipap due to way to much air in my stomach. I changed the epap to 13.2 for tonight if like to get the ahi close to 1

Thanks for your advice on getting the setup this far.
get sleepyhead, pull your own data of the sd card, don't fly blind.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:27 pm

I plan on copying the sd card because I have to turn it in before my appointment. I'm thinking about printing the progression from there setup to what I've changed to make it better, especially why I changed the trigger to very high. Considering how many central apneas I had the night I lowered it it med I can't see her having a problem with it

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:27 am

I have run into an issue. My ahi has settled at 3 or 4. All apnea no central or hyponea. I have tried to raise the epap but anything over 15 I wake up at 2 or 3 a.m. in horrible pain from aerophagia.
The only thing I can think to do it's try to keep epap between 14 and 15 and adjust the ps to see if that will help.