first night on vpap auto

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Greg Riddle

Re: first night on vpap auto

Post by Greg Riddle » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:01 am

Ahi was .3 last night but I only slept for 3 of the 7 hours

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:09 am

Pretty good night. Epap 16.2 ps 7 ipap 25. Only had a little bit off bloating and ahi of 1.4

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Here is last night's data. The first apnes isn't one it was flagged but it was me sticking fine in my mask to clean some slobber of the mask

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:03 am

I think I found a good stopping point. Epap is 16.4 ps 7.2 ipap 23.6. My ahi for last couple days has been about 1.5. Now to work on mask leaks and multiple wake ups

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:18 am

This is pretty impressive considering where it started. Well done sticking to it to find a workable solution. That's some pretty impressive pressure!

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:35 am

I really need to get the leaks fixed. There not bad for volume but there leaking into my eyes and it keeps waking me. I can't count how many times I got up from air blowing into my eyes

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:01 am

Might be worth trying a nasal pillows mask if you think you can control the mouth breathing. Otherwise, I got nothing...I've never used FFM. Anyway, buy something like the Airfit P10 from CPAP.com with the return guarantee. You might be surprised.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:10 am

I've tried then I can't stop air blowing out of my mouth. I get too congested to tape my mouth shut. I'm going to the medium size I know it will seal around my nose there are a few issues with the med that I'll have to work around.

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:17 am

Yep! It's not for everyone. You've done well so far, just keep at it, good luck!

Ogeo

Post by Ogeo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 am

I thought I'd share my experience. I use the P10 and my pressure run between 21 and 25. I had to do some changes to keep my mouth shut but have finally figured it out. I couldn't keep a FFM on my face as it kept waking me up all night with air blowing into my eyes or farting sounds. So I tried a DME chin strap and hated it. I went to the store Winco and found a lady's head band that is narrow on one end and wide on the other end. I use the wide end under my chin. It works perfect. The material is soft against the skin and has some give to it so if you had to take a breath you could but enough pressure that it keeps my mouth shut. And I've found it in colors other than pink. I've got my pressure down to zero a few times but it now runs below one.

Hubby's equipment: PR System One REMstar Auto A-Flex model 560P. Doctor's orders left it open 5-20. We changed it to 8-20 after a couple nights. Start Date was 1/30/15. Oh, mask is the new nasal pico.

Discovering the world one geocache at a time!

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:19 am

The only way I can use pillows would be to tape. I've used the straps and they do hold my mouth shut but the air still gets through. I'll keep at it and figure something out. The medium ffm are too small. My lips touch the mask and the seal runs over the edges of my mouth. That I can fix with scissors.
If I can get the congestion problem fixed I may try to tape

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:43 pm

Greg Riddle wrote:I really need to get the leaks fixed. There not bad for volume but there leaking into my eyes and it keeps waking me. I can't count how many times I got up from air blowing into my eyes
are you using mask liners?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:17 pm

Greg Riddle wrote:Nope
they tend to make those nose leaks much less objectionable.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tan

Post by tan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:23 pm

palerider wrote:
Greg Riddle wrote:Nope
they tend to make those nose leaks much less objectionable.
yes, worked for many but was a waste for few (me inlcuding)