Where is Pugsy?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Where is Pugsy?

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:43 pm

herefishy wrote:glad someone had an old fashioned way of contacting her. We might have gone crazy waiting for her to get her computer fixed.
the advantage of getting to know some of the people here on the forum, outside of the forum

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:14 am

palerider wrote:
herefishy wrote:This isn't funny anymore, I woke up in the night wondering what was wrong with her. Anybody got a contact for her? Like a phone number?
I just talked to her, she is fine, though the ungrateful cats she'd brought in from the cold chewed up some parts of her internet connection wiring, and she hasn't had time since getting back from vacation to get it taken care of.

she asked me to tell everybody that she's fine, and should be back on here, hopefully soon.
I think the aliens got her, and you're one of them, trying to keep us distracted while they are growing a copy in a pod.

Obviously, the little devil in your avatar is a space alien.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:59 am

archangle wrote:
palerider wrote:
herefishy wrote:This isn't funny anymore, I woke up in the night wondering what was wrong with her. Anybody got a contact for her? Like a phone number?
I just talked to her, she is fine, though the ungrateful cats she'd brought in from the cold chewed up some parts of her internet connection wiring, and she hasn't had time since getting back from vacation to get it taken care of.

she asked me to tell everybody that she's fine, and should be back on here, hopefully soon.
I think the aliens got her, and you're one of them, trying to keep us distracted while they are growing a copy in a pod.

Obviously, the little devil in your avatar is a space alien.
I can neither confirm nor deny your baseless allegations.

however I will point out that even sleeping with one eye open will no longer protect you. *makes note on list*

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:54 pm

Tatooed Lady said I needed to bump these threads.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Okay guys and gals. I am back.

Yes, the ungrateful cats (not sure which one) did a number on the wiring to my router/modem. First fixed was the power supply which I thought was enough but then discovered the ether net cord was chewed through...so bought another blue cord and that didn't fix things. Thought it was my computer as the cats had chased the dog and the laptop got dumped in the floor....I thought I was going to need a new laptop but before I bought one I borrowed an old laptop...still no internet even though modem was all lit up.
Come to find out the cats had also chewed on the rubber like antennae on the modem/router.

All this detective work took time as I wasn't real motivated to fix things. Some personal issues were also affecting my time and desire to get back online quickly. I simply wasn't in the mood due to personal stuff so I didn't bust my ass trying various fixes.
I think I just needed a vacation from all internet and not just the forum.
I could have maybe used my phone but it's a PITA just to type one little text message and I just didn't want to go down that road.

So I finally bit the bullet and bought a new modem/router and then finally got it installed with hopefully enough protection from the killer cats.
Modem is in a box with opening for antennae to the window (need it pointing north for my brother) and the power supply wire and the ether net cord are encased in an old cpap hose which is covered with old socks. I fixed the box with the modem so that the cats can't get inside it to chew on the antennae and hopefully the socks will hide the crinkling nose of the hose so as to not tempt the kitties. So far so good. Hope things are safe because that router was EXPENSIVE since I needed maximum range to reach my brother (another long story I don't want to go into right now).

Yes...I live out in the country but not in BFE and I could have probably sorted things out sooner but again....I just didn't have the energy and probably there was some subconscious part of me that rather enjoyed tormenting my brother because he didn't have internet and I was pissed that he takes it (and all I do) for granted.

Oh...I don't have a spare ethernet cord like I was planning. When hooking up the new modem I removed the "old" new blue cord and laid it on the bed while I was hooking up all the new stuff and within 2 minutes Ruthie (the cat) had chewed right through it while my back was turned.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Pugsy wrote:Okay guys and gals. I am back.

Yes, the ungrateful cats (not sure which one) did a number on the wiring to my router/modem. First fixed was the power supply which I thought was enough but then discovered the ether net cord was chewed through...so bought another blue cord and that didn't fix things. Thought it was my computer as the cats had chased the dog and the laptop got dumped in the floor....I thought I was going to need a new laptop but before I bought one I borrowed an old laptop...still no internet even though modem was all lit up.
Come to find out the cats had also chewed on the rubber like antennae on the modem/router.

All this detective work took time as I wasn't real motivated to fix things. Some personal issues were also affecting my time and desire to get back online quickly. I simply wasn't in the mood due to personal stuff so I didn't bust my ass trying various fixes.
I think I just needed a vacation from all internet and not just the forum.
I could have maybe used my phone but it's a PITA just to type one little text message and I just didn't want to go down that road.

So I finally bit the bullet and bought a new modem/router and then finally got it installed with hopefully enough protection from the killer cats.
Modem is in a box with opening for antennae to the window (need it pointing north for my brother) and the power supply wire and the ether net cord are encased in an old cpap hose which is covered with old socks. I fixed the box with the modem so that the cats can't get inside it to chew on the antennae and hopefully the socks will hide the crinkling nose of the hose so as to not tempt the kitties. So far so good. Hope things are safe because that router was EXPENSIVE since I needed maximum range to reach my brother (another long story I don't want to go into right now).

Yes...I live out in the country but not in BFE and I could have probably sorted things out sooner but again....I just didn't have the energy and probably there was some subconscious part of me that rather enjoyed tormenting my brother because he didn't have internet and I was pissed that he takes it (and all I do) for granted.

Oh...I don't have a spare ethernet cord like I was planning. When hooking up the new modem I removed the "old" new blue cord and laid it on the bed while I was hooking up all the new stuff and within 2 minutes Ruthie (the cat) had chewed right through it while my back was turned.
Welcome home!

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:15 pm

Yahoo! Welcome back! Never turn your back on a cat.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:24 pm

So happy Pugsy's back. Happy dance, happy dance. (but I've got to avoid stepping on the cat's tail... they do have long memories)

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Welcome back!

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Cats! You know, if you put some citrus smelling stuff on the wires they won't go near them. But then you wouldn't have a brother break (mine takes his own, so I don't have to).

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Julie wrote:if you put some citrus smelling stuff on the wires they won't go near them
Thanks, I got some stuff but I am afraid to risk it on the new equipment.....just it case they don't care about the taste. I have had inside kitties for years and this is the first time any of my kitties have done anything bad...but these were the outdoor kitties (mainly outside) that I brought in because it was so brutally cold and I felt sorry for them and they have been allowed inside for probably nearly 3 months and I guess they just got bored.
I will still keep the wires and cords in the hose for protection and the unit in the box. That new modem was way too expensive to risk damage again.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

saltydawg2

Post by saltydawg2 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:30 pm

Had a dog that couldn't stay away from the blinds; chewing on them. Was told to put Tabasco Sauce on them, and he would leave them alone. He got so mad he ripped them off the window. I really miss that dog.... By the way, welcome back!

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:55 pm

Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:01 pm

Alternate caption to the cat pic above: GIVE ME MAX KILOBITS PER SECOND, OR GIVE ME DEATH. Didn't Patrick Henry say that?

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:29 pm

Pugsy wrote:...and probably there was some subconscious part of me that rather enjoyed tormenting my brother because he didn't have internet and I was pissed that he takes it (and all I do) for granted.
ah-hah!