Is it OK to put drops in water of the humidifier?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Is it OK to put drops in water of the humidifier?

Post by palerider » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:46 am

GoneFishin wrote:I feel like I am repeating myself but you can increase the pressure to quasi compensate but no setting will be able to help detect events (any events) because of the damping effect that putting obstacles in the tubing causes. Maybe that is why you are so irritable.
your igornance makes me irritable. the machine detects events quite nicely, since the events are based on *flow* changes, and those happen through the filter.

anybody with even a tiny bit of intelligence, (which you obviously don't possess) would be able to see that if any of your claims were accurate, then resmed would warn against using those filters, instead of saying this:
Antibacterial filters
Antibacterial filters are not compatible with the ClimateLine, ClimateLine MAX or SlimLine tubing but can be
used with the Standard air tubing.
Antibacterial filters increase resistance in the air circuit and may affect accuracy of displayed and
delivered pressure, particularly at high flows. ResMed recommends using a filter with a low impedance
(eg, less than 2 cm H 2 O at 60 L/min).
please do continue to entertain us with your ignorance. perhaps someone finds it amusing, instead of just sad and annoying.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tan

Post by tan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:18 am

palerider wrote:
GoneFishin wrote:
palerider wrote: your ignorance is showing. resmed disagrees with you.
Your ignorance is not understanding that Resmed does not make these filters. Maybe YOU need to call them.
they are generic anti-bacterial after filters for cpap use.

resmed has a setting to compensate for anti-bacterial after-filters.
S9 VPAP has this setting, but Autoset S9 does not. Or is my Autoset's firmware not up-to-date?

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:56 pm

tan wrote:
palerider wrote:
GoneFishin wrote:
palerider wrote: your ignorance is showing. resmed disagrees with you.
Your ignorance is not understanding that Resmed does not make these filters. Maybe YOU need to call them.
they are generic anti-bacterial after filters for cpap use.

resmed has a setting to compensate for anti-bacterial after-filters.
S9 VPAP has this setting, but Autoset S9 does not. Or is my Autoset's firmware not up-to-date?
could be that the extra resistance isn't important enough to the pressure compensation calculations on the more steady pressure machines, as on the vpaps with their much larger pressure variations.

I don't see the parameter listed on the current autoset/elite/escape* manual either.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

GoneFishin

Post by GoneFishin » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:26 pm

palerider wrote:
GoneFishin wrote:I feel like I am repeating myself but you can increase the pressure to quasi compensate but no setting will be able to help detect events (any events) because of the damping effect that putting obstacles in the tubing causes. Maybe that is why you are so irritable.
your igornance makes me irritable. the machine detects events quite nicely, since the events are based on *flow* changes, and those happen through the filter.

anybody with even a tiny bit of intelligence, (which you obviously don't possess) would be able to see that if any of your claims were accurate, then resmed would warn against using those filters, instead of saying this:
Antibacterial filters
Antibacterial filters are not compatible with the ClimateLine, ClimateLine MAX or SlimLine tubing but can be
used with the Standard air tubing.
Antibacterial filters increase resistance in the air circuit and may affect accuracy of displayed and
delivered pressure, particularly at high flows. ResMed recommends using a filter with a low impedance
(eg, less than 2 cm H 2 O at 60 L/min).

please do continue to entertain us with your ignorance. perhaps someone finds it amusing, instead of just sad and annoying.
You are not half-assmart as you want others to believe. You apparently do not have anyone near you who can read to you what you post here like....
palerider wrote:Antibacterial filters increase resistance in the air circuit and may affect accuracy of displayed and
(eg, less than 2 cm H 2 O at 60 L/min)
So resmed does realize what you have consistently failed to acknowledge. I doubt that resmed endorses the use of a respironics filter and have not seen in the link provided earlier in this thread the specs which met resmeds requirements
palerider wrote:(eg, less than 2 cm H 2 O at 60 L/min)
You keep diggin yourself deeper...
but I'm GoneFishin

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:47 pm

GoneFishin wrote: You keep diggin yourself deeper...
but I'm GoneFishin
nope, marking you as 'too stupid to read' as of now. let someone else point out the wrongness of your verbal diarrhea.

Dewyeyes

Post by Dewyeyes » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:30 am

All of this back and forth disagreement can be done in a civil manner. Please check your foul language. It serves no purpose but to disrespect. We don't need that in this community. We're here to help each other. It is OK to disagree and we all educated enough to do so politely. And thanks for ALL of your replies and offers of help. I appreciate it.

emmett

hydrogen peroxide in cpap machine

Post by emmett » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:37 pm

Can any body answer a simple question. How many drops of peroxide do you put in a cpap machine. 35% solution.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:52 pm

emmett wrote:Can any body answer a simple question. How many drops of peroxide do you put in a cpap machine. 35% solution.
Zero drops of anything.
The long standing advice for adding anything to the water in the humidifier water chamber is "don't do it".

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Wulfman...

Re: hydrogen peroxide in cpap machine

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:30 pm

emmett wrote:Can any body answer a simple question. How many drops of peroxide do you put in a cpap machine. 35% solution.
Yup! Zero, zip, nada! The only thing that should go into a HH tank is distilled water.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Even if you live in a swamp with 100% humidity it not necessary to put anything like chlorine or any disinfectant in the tank. Throw it on the top rack of the dishwasher once a week if you really feel the compulsion to worry about germs and such. Also, like most everybody else mentioned... use distilled water.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:46 pm

I never put anything into the distilled water in the tank.
I rinse the tank thoroughly after washing.
Sometimes I put a few drops of essential oil on a cotton ball in a glass candle holder.
https://www.cpap.com/cpap-comfort-clean ... herapy.php
Most of the time, my citrus and sage yankee candle votive sits next to the intake--UNLIT, of course.