Apnea Support forum gone?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kaiasgram

Re: Apnea Support forum gone?

Post by kaiasgram » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
Sludge wrote:
Krelvin wrote:The reviewer was a long time poster to the forum but had not posted in close to 4 years the last time I looked.
Oh, he's around...
That's good to know!

Den

All you have to do is read his post to know...

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:57 pm

kaiasgram wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:
Sludge wrote:
Krelvin wrote:The reviewer was a long time poster to the forum but had not posted in close to 4 years the last time I looked.
Oh, he's around...
That's good to know!

Den

All you have to do is read his post to know...
Riiiiiiiight! And, his post (here) was the clue to the identity of the "reviewer" on the other forum. I got it. That's why I "winked".

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Oh Den I knew that you knew, and I know that you know that I knew that you knew.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:32 pm

kaiasgram wrote:Oh Den I knew that you knew, and I know that you know that I knew that you knew.
Whew! Glad to know that!

Have a Merry Christmas.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
kaiasgram wrote:Oh Den I knew that you knew, and I know that you know that I knew that you knew.
Whew! Glad to know that!

Have a Merry Christmas.

Den

You too Den

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:38 pm

So is that forum officially dead? Too bad, because it was a good place to send parents with little kids who need CPAP, but on the OTOH I'm kind of glad because they moderated themselves out of existence. It was impossible to give people good information there--CPAP police do/did live--on that forum.

(Is it rude of me to dance on their grave?).
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:46 pm

Janknitz wrote:So is that forum officially dead? Too bad, because it was a good place to send parents with little kids who need CPAP, but on the OTOH I'm kind of glad because they moderated themselves out of existence. It was impossible to give people good information there--CPAP police do/did live--on that forum.

When we officially find out.......and that it IS in fact "dead", I'll dance with you.......if that's OK.

Den

User since 05/14/05

poppi2

Post by poppi2 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Interesting read of Sludge's retrieval.
Krelvin wrote:"A major attack on the weight is about to take place. I've had problems with diets before and part of that might have been sleep caused. Now that I "hopefully" have that out of the way, I will be starting a medically supervised weight loss program with eventual other options taken if that doesn't work. All the way to perhaps a lap band procedure if all else fails. I am to loose the weight as I have to.
I'm wondering if you were, and still are, successful with the weight battle.

Thanks,
Earl

msla

Post by msla » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Janknitz wrote:So is that forum officially dead? Too bad, because it was a good place to send parents with little kids who need CPAP, but on the OTOH I'm kind of glad because they moderated themselves out of existence. It was impossible to give people good information there--CPAP police do/did live--on that forum.

Did it morph into the MyApnea.org?

I "fired" them several years ago after a snotty PM from a forum admin.

ResMed S9 Auto set/Heated humidifier/AirFit N30i
diagnosed and began CPAP treatment 2003.

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:13 am

msla wrote:Did it morph into the MyApnea.org?
That's a great explanation for it's sudden (apparent) demise, but "IMHO", their continued lack of transparency ("Hi! Let me explain what we're doing here!") doesn't bode well for their future:

Plan:

Image[/quote]

Current membership:

You Kids Have Fun!!

mefornow

Post by mefornow » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:56 am

Greetings from a slightly confused newcomer, there are several forums on the net. Think others may also be confused, from my readings I think there was a previous forum that lost traction because the DME establishment or doctors were overly influential.

Two weeks I joined one that seemed quite independent, (apneaboard. com) . Two days after joining, the site went down with no warning. Still not back online under addy. Could be several reasons for that.

This site is closely affiliated with a supplier, is that a good thing? Just trying to understand the pitfalls as I'm after independent advice from the users of apnea therapy. There are politics behind the scenes, can anyone provide a link to educate me on the history of these forums and who created them and motives if there are any.

Seasons Greeting to all.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:28 am

This is the forum which is not moderated, except by ourselves.
Feel free to join, and fill in your profile, including equipment (text rather than images).
Our equipment links are connected to the forum sponsors' site.
We are users like you, who just want to make it work, and we share our experience, knowledge, and opinions.
As you can see, this forum goes back several years, and had hundreds of pages and threads,
covering a multitude of topics. Welcome.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:26 pm

kaiasgram wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:
Whew! Glad to know that!

Have a Merry Christmas.

Den

You too Den
ID minus 50 and counting.

Happy Holidays to all!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:30 pm

mefornow wrote:Greetings from a slightly confused newcomer, there are several forums on the net. Think others may also be confused, ...
Two weeks I joined one that seemed quite independent, (apneaboard. com) . Two days after joining, the site went down with no warning. Still not back online under addy. .
you're confusing
apneaboard.com, which is tightly moderated (downside) but provides manuals for machines (BIG upside) with
apneasupport.org which is run buy the American sleep apnea associasion, has a bad reputation in the past of being anti user, and is currently down..

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:30 pm

mefornow wrote:This site is closely affiliated with a supplier, is that a good thing? Just trying to understand the pitfalls as I'm after independent advice from the users of apnea therapy. There are politics behind the scenes, can anyone provide a link to educate me on the history of these forums and who created them and motives if there are any.
Other than the links which appear when you enter your machine type, mask etc which point to Cpap.com, there is no pressure or politics related to this site that I have ever noticed. Unlike another forum which still exists, there are no restrictions on mentioning other sites for service like secondwind etc.. either (the other site wants you to use Letters to identify the sites rather than the names which is a bit silly).

Some personalities conflict here from time to time, but that is just people being people (or at least I think they are people). Been here a while and like the forum.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin