Apnea Support forum gone?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Apnea Support forum gone?

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:57 pm

Huh? There are other sites to actually get help?

squid13

Post by squid13 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:08 pm

49er, your mama ever wash your mouth out with soap, I'm here to tell you it taste bad.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

49er

Post by 49er » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:43 pm

squid13 wrote:49er, your mama ever wash your mouth out with soap, I'm here to tell you it taste bad.
Interesting Squid that you focused on my response vs. PR's obnoxious behavior which has not been a one time occurrence. And in case you haven't noticed, he doesn't respond to "pretty please" language.

49er

ems

Post by ems » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:49 pm

49er wrote:
palerider wrote:
englandsf wrote:All you end up "doing" is being both impolite and judgmental, I'm afraid. Which benefits no-one.
well, I'm sowwy if I hurt your widdle fewwins...

your spewing bad advice and disinformation beause you don't bother to fact check what you say is something that people have to actively counter, for the good of those that don't know any better.
There you go again PR being a fucking Jackass. Yeah, you help people but at the same time, you harass and bully other people who have done nothing to deserve it like englandsf. Big fucking deal, he thought the OP was referring to the apnea board instead of the apnea support forum. The crime of the century. Sheriff should come and arrest him immediately.
+ 20 million, 999 thousand, 998 hundred !! So many folks have stopped posting and/or are so intimidated by palerider that they won't ask a question on this forum. What a shame and so, so not right!
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:55 pm

Come on, PR, be a bit more civil. I know you can do it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:56 pm

49er wrote:
squid13 wrote:49er, your mama ever wash your mouth out with soap, I'm here to tell you it taste bad.
Interesting Squid that you focused on my response vs. PR's obnoxious behavior which has not been a one time occurrence. And in case you haven't noticed, he doesn't respond to "pretty please" language.
what he doesn't respond to is busybodies that want to control how other people phrase things.

if you've got a problem with the accuracy of something I've said, please bring superior knowledge to the table, I'm eager to correct any statements I make that are factually incorrect.

as far as your foul mouthed bitching about HOW I may say something to someone that's repeatedly spouted incorrect information, and misled newbies, well, madam, you can take that and fold until it's all pointy corners, and stick it so far up where the sun don't shine that you choke on it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:57 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Come on, PR, be a bit more civil. I know you can do it.
for you, m'dear, I'll give it a go.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

balor123

Post by balor123 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:10 pm

It is indeed down. Was down for me last night too.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:52 pm

ClayL wrote:I rarely look at the Apnea Support forum but I tried awhile back and didn't connect. Tried again today (18 Dec 2014) and it goes to an error page. Has it gone away?
Don't know. It's been a long time since I've been there, too.
According to this link I found by Googling, it's under maintenance. But, it was gradually becoming a "ghost town" anyway.

http://www.sleepapnea.org/support/forum ... nance.html

Den

Edit to acknowledge that "Squid" posted the same link on the first page.

Last edited by Wulfman... on Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:03 pm

It was the first forum I went to when I started and I got a great review of my sleep study which was simply handed to me with no explanations. I ended up here primarily though I do occasionally look at other forums.

Funny thing is that while doing my yearly end of year clearing out of my home office, I found my original sleep study from 2006. Thought I had lost it, though I have a new one from earlier this year now.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

tan

Post by tan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Krelvin wrote:It was the first forum I went to when I started and I got a great review of my sleep study which was simply handed to me with no explanations. I ended up here primarily though I do occasionally look at other forums.
Is it possible to re-post that review here in case you saved offline?

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:16 pm

tan wrote:
Krelvin wrote:It was the first forum I went to when I started and I got a great review of my sleep study which was simply handed to me with no explanations. I ended up here primarily though I do occasionally look at other forums.
It make take a bit of reconstructing...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us
You Kids Have Fun!!

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:22 pm

tan wrote:
The sleep study is 8 years old and the review was an eye opener to me since never saw a sleep dr and the Primary who requested the study didn't really know much about it. It was the first time the results were actually described in a way that I could understand what it meant and was quite useful when I started out.

While I do have a graphical capture of the review as it was sent to me via a PM on the forum, but it was never posted publicly to the forum and I really don't see much point in doing that now. The reviewer was a long time poster to the forum but had not posted in close to 4 years the last time I looked.

Apparently it was posted to the forum. See even I forgot that.
Last edited by Krelvin on Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Krelvin wrote:The reviewer was a long time poster to the forum but had not posted in close to 4 years the last time I looked.
Oh, he's around...
You Kids Have Fun!!

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Sludge wrote:
Krelvin wrote:The reviewer was a long time poster to the forum but had not posted in close to 4 years the last time I looked.
Oh, he's around...
That's good to know!

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05