Kaviance for sleep?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DeadlySleep

Re: Kaviance for sleep?

Post by DeadlySleep » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:31 am

Noctuary wrote:I might try it with alcohol and Temazepam.
Temazepam? Not for me. It might prevent me from feeling the full effect of the Scotch.

Tango

Post by Tango » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:51 am

Jen, thank you for sharing your experience. It's has helped me. Hopefully my posting this new thread will help others.
And while chicagogranny has sent me numerous messages calling me all sorts of names I will not look back at this thread. I foe her.
Kaviance Worked for me and I know this. I am calm this morning and slept great!
I feel sorry for the lonely old lady who feels a need to attack others over something she never tried. But, hey there are crazy people all over. She is one of them! Wacka doodle in the head. And lonely.
Thanks again as I shall check out now and head to work. It's gonna be a GREAT day. Thank you SO So so so so much!
I won't look back at this thread as I'm sure the lonely crazy old lady will try and be several other people and put this product down as an attempt to put me down. Why? She's crazy in the head and lonely. I simply came here to find out to sleep better and get attacked by here. I'd foe her if you don't want
Thx again!

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:59 am

Tango wrote:And while chicagogranny has sent me numerous messages calling me all sorts of names
I did not initiate PMs to you. YOU sent me two nasty messages. I replied to them.

Should I take screenshots of your nasty messages and post them here?

CPAPIST

Post by CPAPIST » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:02 am

49er wrote:I do admit though I have a negative attitude towards Kaviance. Many alternative health practitioners sell it along with similar type items by giving patients a bogus chemical imbalance test. So if you're allegedly deficient in something, these providers have the perfect supplement to sell you. It is a neat little scam and that is what came to mind for me when CG referred to it as snake oil
Thank you 49er. Kaviance makes two pieces of bogus information I read here last night. Good to have some of you heavily experienced members to keep us straight!
Cpapist

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:26 am

CPAPIST wrote:
49er wrote:I do admit though I have a negative attitude towards Kaviance. Many alternative health practitioners sell it along with similar type items by giving patients a bogus chemical imbalance test. So if you're allegedly deficient in something, these providers have the perfect supplement to sell you. It is a neat little scam and that is what came to mind for me when CG referred to it as snake oil
Thank you 49er. Kaviance makes two pieces of bogus information I read here last night. Good to have some of you heavily experienced members to keep us straight!
Cpapist,

I want to make it clear that I am not against people trying supplements for sleep as I know from personal experience how much hellish life can be when sleep deprived. And I am happy the Kaviance worked for Tango.

At the same time, since so many of the folks who make these supplements are prone to hype that is a bunch of BS, it is important for people to be aware of that. And that was my point with the exert above.

I know it may seem like I have contradictory opinions and perhaps you would be right. For example, if I thought a supplement could keep me from having narcoleptic like sleep attacks which has been a big time issue for me in addition to apnea, I would take it in a heartbeat even if I knew they were espousing big time BS. But fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your point of view, I am pretty hypersensitive to meds and OTC remedies.

CPAPIST

Post by CPAPIST » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:44 am

49er wrote:And I am happy the Kaviance worked for Tango
I read some on the internet about kaviance this morning and I don't think it worked.

There was another post by avi123 on a different topic and it turned out to also be bogus. Fortunately when I questioned it some experienced members pointed out avi123 is a fraudster.

I suspect the same in this thread and will never get fooled by kaviance. Anyone can post anything they want here, so it pays to think twice and ask others.
Cpapist

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:38 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
jencat824 wrote:placebo effect
Powerful stuff for irrational souls.
Well documented and controllable effect for everyone. It even works the other way in that if you tell people they are going to have a side effect, they will have it.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:35 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
jencat824 wrote:placebo effect
Powerful stuff for irrational souls.
Well documented and controllable effect for everyone. It even works the other way in that if you tell people they are going to have a side effect, they will have it.
hell, the placebo affect even works if you TELL people it's FAKE...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jencat824

Post by jencat824 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Tango wrote:Jen, thank you for sharing your experience. It's has helped me. Hopefully my posting this new thread will help others.
And while chicagogranny has sent me numerous messages calling me all sorts of names I will not look back at this thread. I foe her.
Kaviance Worked for me and I know this. I am calm this morning and slept great!
I feel sorry for the lonely old lady who feels a need to attack others over something she never tried. But, hey there are crazy people all over. She is one of them! Wacka doodle in the head. And lonely.
Thanks again as I shall check out now and head to work. It's gonna be a GREAT day. Thank you SO So so so so much!
I won't look back at this thread as I'm sure the lonely crazy old lady will try and be several other people and put this product down as an attempt to put me down. Why? She's crazy in the head and lonely. I simply came here to find out to sleep better and get attacked by here. I'd foe her if you don't want
Thx again!
Tango,
I think you have the wrong idea about Chicago Granny. Although she doesn't agree with the use of the supplement Kavinace, she is a well respected forum member who contributes a lot of good advice. Her opinion on Kavinace is just that - her opinion. I'm very glad the Kavinace worked for you, but I must say I strongly disagree with your opinion of CG.

If you could take time to read some of her other posts you will see she gives help to many, many forum members. Just because someone doesn't see eye-to-eye with us is no reason to discount their worth as a wonderful contributing member of this forum community. CG is very straight forward & calls things as she sees them. I have personally benefited from reading her 'take' on many issues. I also believe in keeping an open mind. I may disagree with something someone posts, but that doesn't mean I don't still respect that person & value them for what they bring to the forum community.

I hope you will reconsider your opinion of CG, she offers good advice. Kavinace is a controversial supplement. It is a proprietary blend, meaning its manufacturer won't disclose exactly what is in it. Although it works for my hubby & for my friend, that is hardly trustworthy info & shows absolutely no scientific data to back up that it works or HOW it works. My hubby knew it was a virtual 'unknown' but wanted to try it and got lucky.

I again want to bring up the possibility of a potential 'placebo effect', meaning it might work for him because he 'believes' it does. I also posted a disclaimer of sorts, telling everyone to do their own research & decide for themselves if trying this 'unknown' supplement was right for them. I know you chose to try it and I'm glad it works for you, but I would hope anyone else reading this post will do their own 'research' before deciding to try it.

Please consider what I said before you close your mind to Chicago Granny. Remember a closed mind learns nothing & I've learned a lot from CG, it would be a shame for you to close your mind to her knowledge just because of her opinion on a controversial supplement.

Jen

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:13 am

jencat824 wrote:before you close your mind to Chicago Granny
Gosh Jen, thanks for nothing!

I want to be on Tango's foe list.

Tango

Post by Tango » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:44 am

Since there are over 20 something responses and only two people who actually tried this product. Both with good results.
Will the good results continue? That is the million dollar question.
For me: first night was great and really felt that heady feeling I get from the cpap machine or my brain after a good nights sleep. I have hope......
The second day and night: my anxiety, foggy head all gone. I feel really relaxed. The kaviance is doing something for my mood. No doubt about it. My sleep was better than most but not as solid as the night before. I recorded 6 and 38 minutes. For me that is a lot better than the previous would week period.
Over all the kaviance has really helped my mood. My wife even commented that ." I seem to have had a good day". That's when I knew something was working. She even noticed.
I will update after a month.
But, for me. ( and you might be different) this product is making a difference. I'm so calm I don't even have the desire to open up one of chicagogrannys hate filled, name calling messages. I feel free.
What's done is done. I can't go back and change what was said but I won't participate any more . She likes it too much. (As do I when I am sleep deprived and anxious but I'm feeling GREAT now and don't need that garbage in my life. And she is probably the one person in this crowd who would probably benefit the most from it. Sometimes the answer is right under our noses and we don't even know it.

49er

Post by 49er » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:53 am

Tango,

I wish you much continued success with the Kaviance.

49er
Tango wrote:Since there are over 20 something responses and only two people who actually tried this product. Both with good results.
Will the good results continue? That is the million dollar question.
For me: first night was great and really felt that heady feeling I get from the cpap machine or my brain after a good nights sleep. I have hope......
The second day and night: my anxiety, foggy head all gone. I feel really relaxed. The kaviance is doing something for my mood. No doubt about it. My sleep was better than most but not as solid as the night before. I recorded 6 and 38 minutes. For me that is a lot better than the previous would week period.
Over all the kaviance has really helped my mood. My wife even commented that ." I seem to have had a good day". That's when I knew something was working. She even noticed.
I will update after a month.
But, for me. ( and you might be different) this product is making a difference. I'm so calm I don't even have the desire to open up one of chicagogrannys hate filled, name calling messages. I feel free.
What's done is done. I can't go back and change what was said but I won't participate any more . She likes it too much. (As do I when I am sleep deprived and anxious but I'm feeling GREAT now and don't need that garbage in my life. And she is probably the one person in this crowd who would probably benefit the most from it. Sometimes the answer is right under our noses and we don't even know it.

bjl

Post by bjl » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Using it occasionally is probably ok. But I'd recommend Googling one of the active ingredients which is called phenibut. Phenibut is similar to benzodiazepines and is almost as addictive for some people.

-b

Tango

Post by Tango » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi Bji,
I did read about it. And seeing how fast and well it works I am not surprised. It's used in Russia and has been since the 60s.
My plan was to use it for a month. Replenish my system and let it rest. See how it goes. Breaks between will be considered.
I don't plan on taking more than is needed. It doesn't get me high. Just makes me normal. So to say.
I had used benso in the past. But liked them too much. Probably why this is working so well! Seriously.
The difference for me is the benzos create a high.
This is not the same. ( for me on this low dosage.....some reviews say it is strong but they may be taking a straight supplement and dosing themselves).
Bottom line: I just feel good and calm. No high or groggy feelings. So I wouldn't want to take more, I am taking two in the morning. I don't take them before bed due to reflux. It says reflux is one of its side effects as well. I've got my fingers crossed I don't get it. Because I really do like it.
For sleep, the recommendation is take before bed. Again, I take mine in the morning with my oatmeal, blueberries and flaxseed.
Thank you.

bjl

Post by bjl » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:56 pm

That sounds like a good plan Tango.

-b