Respironics System One - Not working/functioning properly

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Respironics System One - Not working/functioning properly

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:00 pm

grayghost4 wrote: That must mean she got the smoke cleaned out of her new to her 760
What smoke and what 760? Are you thinking of the S9 Adapt from the smoker I was willing to get? That deal fell through but not because of my end. Seller backed out.

Actually Sleep_quest's machine above...is a zero hour machine. Helluva deal and it has a recent born on date too.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:12 pm

NewToCPAP wrote:Unfortunately I am not savvy enough to solder any parts, or even know where to begin soldering what. I think things are pointing towards having it repaired by the company I mentioned above. Like I said, I can't afford a new CPAP right now, they are much too expensive. However, if the company is unable to fix or repair my CPAP, I suppose I have no choice!
if you're already taking the cover off, go ahead and take the two screws out of the board, and remove the board, carefully, making sure you don't lose either of the little silicone bits that attach a couple of boxes on the board to the elbow in the air tube.... then reseat the board and it's squidgy bits... this has fixed the problem for other people.

can't hurt anything at this point

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

sleep_quest

Post by sleep_quest » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:26 am

Pugsy wrote:
grayghost4 wrote: That must mean she got the smoke cleaned out of her new to her 760
What smoke and what 760? Are you thinking of the S9 Adapt from the smoker I was willing to get? That deal fell through but not because of my end. Seller backed out.

Actually Sleep_quest's machine above...is a zero hour machine. Helluva deal and it has a recent born on date too.
I knew my ears were burning for some reason...

Nope Grayghost, I haven't touched the 760 yet, I need to get the correct screwdriver first and take a few deep breaths (haha) before I dive in there.

And the newborn zero hour PR S1 560P (manufactured in September 2014) is still available. I was able to help the OP out with a different machine.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:52 am

sleep_quest wrote:
Nope Grayghost, I haven't touched the 760 yet, I need to get the correct screwdriver first and take a few deep breaths (haha) before I dive in there.
Oh, it was you with the smokey 760. I got thrown off by the "she" part and thought it meant me.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:58 pm

NewToCPAP wrote:Huge thanks to you guys for all the information you've given me so far. The website I had looked at said repairs can cost anywhere from $100-300 with a free estimate. I didn't realize people were selling CPAP's on this website and on craigslist, some barely used. I have a PM from a member here and am very, very intrigued. It's the newer version of the PR System One The problem is, is that I am new to this site and don't know anyone. I also don't see a trader/user feedback section on sales made through the site. It's hard to send someone money for a product you can't see and for a member you don't know. I'm no stranger to online shopping or from peer to peer online shopping either, but am just not sure if I should go through with it.
The machine you're looking at is one I had thought of when I posted above. Wanted to be sure you were open to going through the forum or other sellers. I think you can be confident in that sale. A I said, I am now just 2-nights into using one just like it from another forum seller. Great deal and it saved me a lot of financial pain from my large deductible at a time I really can't afford it.

NewToCPAP

Post by NewToCPAP » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:55 pm

Sorry for the lack of responses here guys, I got so busy with work before holidays. I just wanted to give a big shout out to sleep_quest for sending me a brand new CPAP, it was an absolute breeze doing business with you. The CPAP was shipped quickly and packaged carefully. For the first time in 8 (long) nights I got a good nights sleep on my new PR S1, it's so quiet.

Appreciate everyone's suggestions and input, ultimately I knew I had to get a new CPAP somehow. I'll look into repairing my old one sometime in the new year as I now realize the importance of having a backup!
Learning..

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:25 pm

I got a flaky 750 machine that would run OK for a while and then quit with a service required message.

(Curse you, Respironics, for not producing a useful error message or at least an error code.)

I disassembled it, cleaned everything out and didn't find anything that obvious. There was a grommet where the wiring went into the shroud around the blower. It had sort of shifted and wasn't sealing the hole properly. It's been working for a couple of weeks since the repair, and only went a few days before. It was intermittent before, so maybe that was it. I suspect it was leaking air and maybe that confused the machine somehow.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.