Full Face Woes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bill44133

Re: Full Face Woes

Post by Bill44133 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:16 pm

I have no idea on the different sizes. I always use the large size mask. You might check the reviews on the masks
there might be some comments on the sizing.

Additional Comments: Settings are IPap 23 EPap 19

funky-rat

Re: Full Face Woes

Post by funky-rat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:50 am

My insurance will only replace masks every 6 months. Cushions/headgear replace every 3. And my good provider will get me cushions - that's not an issue. I started having the issues before the 3 months was up.

As for back sleeping, I can no longer sleep on my side without severe pain in my hip. I thought it was a mattress issue, but we were at a resort with very nice new mattresses, and I had the same thing. Being on my back with my feet elevated is about where I can get comfortable. I sometimes also sleep on a wedge as well, to elevate the upper part of my body.

I was fitted with an Air Fit F10 yesterday (size small). I love the mask, but hate the headgear. I got the "For Her" model, and the headgear is too tight for my round head. I have a call in to the DME for a bigger headgear. Woke up with a headache and red welts on either side of my nose from the headgear being too tight. It didn't feel too bad (snug, but not ungodly tight) when I first put it on, but woke up around 4am with a pounding headache and pain around my nose. It was like when I was a teen, and put in a barrette or headband that was too tight - not too bad at first, but then it sneaks up on you. If that doesn't fix it, I have 30 days to keep trying until something works. She thinks that me being able to largely keep my mouth shut while I sleep (90% of the time) may mean that the Forma simply didn't fit correctly anymore, as I was still hanging my mouth open when I was fitted.

Will try to get the machine updated on here tonight.