Remstar Lite and accessories for sale-I'll make you a deal

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bugbarb

Remstar Lite and accessories for sale-I'll make you a deal

Post by Bugbarb » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:56 pm

I have a Remstar Lite with hose, mask, filters and like-new carrying bag listed for sale on Craig's list Los Angeles, San Gabriel Valley. I'm not setting a price, so make me an offer and I'll probably accept it. I will even ship it, if necessary. I just don't need the machine.

I bought a Remstar Cflex and the Remstar lite from guy who was selling both as a package deal. I only needed one of them, so that is why I'm offering the Remstar lite for sale. It works great. You can find out how to set the pressure on this forum. It does have about 10,000 hours on it, but works fine. I bought replacement filters for it, so the filters are brand new. I paid about $15 for the filters, so keep that in mind when you make me an offer. I have washed the hose and mask. The look to be in good condition.

Last edited by Bugbarb on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Re: Remstar Lite and accessories for sale-I'll make you a deal

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Bugbarb wrote:I have a Remstar Lite with hose, mask, filters and like-new carrying bag listed for sale on Craig's list Los Angeles, San Gabriel Valley. I'm asking $100,... It does have about 10,000 hours on it, but works fine. I
bwahahahahaha

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Bugbarb

Post by Bugbarb » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:15 pm

"bwahahaha"????? I'm confused.

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:27 pm

Bugbarb wrote:"bwahahaha"????? I'm confused.
The Remstar Lite is a fairly old machine. It's likely got lots of hours on it. Palerider may be implying that the machine may not be worth the cost of shipping, but it really depends on the financial circumstances of the prospective buyer. If the machine's run hours are over 12000, it may be the machine may not have many hours left before it poops out. If the machine's run hours are over 20000, you may want to consider just asking for shipping from someone who really needs a machine.

Most members of this forum are wonderful.
However, if you are the target of bullying on this forum, please consider these excellent alternative forums:
Apnea Board
Sleep Apnea Talk Forum
Free CPAP Advice

Be well,
Chris

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:30 pm

DreamDiver wrote:
The Remstar Lite is a fairly old machine. It's likely got lots of hours on it. Palerider may be implying that the machine may not be worth the cost of shipping, but it really depends on the financial circumstances of the prospective buyer. If the machine's run hours are over 12000, it may be the machine may not have many hours left before it poops out. If the machine's run hours are over 20000, you may want to consider just asking for shipping from someone who really needs a machine.
I don't know how old the lite is, I found a manual online dated 2002 though. and she did say it had some 10000 hours on it already.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Hey, it's almost Christmas! That's the type of super old machine you give away to charity so somebody who's in desperate circumstances can get a good nights sleep. Not to mention, it's good Christmas karma for the person who donates. Just my opinion.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:30 pm

I can't speak for PaleRider's thought processes, but I recently bought a PR System One 550P with less than 2,000 machine hours on it for $125. In a major urban area. I agree with the notion that this would be a good machine to donate to someone without insurance in dire need.

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Drowsy Dancer wrote:
I can't speak for PaleRider's thought processes, but I recently bought a PR System One 550P with less than 2,000 machine hours on it for $125. In a major urban area. I agree with the notion that this would be a good machine to donate to someone without insurance in dire need.
you pretty much nailed it, actually, just better explained.

Bugbarb

Post by Bugbarb » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:12 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the lack of worth of this machine. I'll edit my craig's list posting to reflect my enlightenment. I still am hoping to get a few bucks out of it, so I may just price it as best offer gets it, with no numerical amount listed.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:32 pm

Why don't you just keep it for a backup/spare?
At least it would "blow air" for you in case of an emergency (if your primary machine failed).

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Bugbarb

Post by Bugbarb » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:57 am

I would rather have a bit of spending money in my pocket this time of year than a back up machine. I already have a back up sort of.....I only have to hike a mile to my cabin to get it..