CPAP machine error message

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

Re: CPAP machine error message

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Valpo wrote:
Pugsy wrote:Unplugging the machine will NOT effect any programming that has been done. Nothing will change in terms of any settings that have been made. It won't need to be reset.
Oh, I know unplugging it won't affect anything. It's been unplugged before. I just mean, to remove the card do I need to unplug the unit. And once the card is out, is the unit still programmed? Will it still run?
Categorically, "NO" and "YES". No need to unplug it to remove the card. When you insert or remove the card (with the power on), it should make a little "beep" and the word "CARD" will appear or disappear in the lower right corner of the LCD.

There is no "programming" on the card. It just stores the data from your sleep.
If you're not downloading the data to look at your reports, then there is little reason to even leave the card in the machine.
It'll work fine without it.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:40 pm

Valpo wrote:
Pugsy wrote:Unplugging the machine will NOT effect any programming that has been done. Nothing will change in terms of any settings that have been made. It won't need to be reset.
Oh, I know unplugging it won't affect anything. It's been unplugged before. I just mean, to remove the card do I need to unplug the unit. And once the card is out, is the unit still programmed? Will it still run?
You can unplug the card when the machine is plugged in and off or unplugged. The only time it is not good is when the machine has just been turned off after use and could be writing to the card - that can cause card corruption.

Yes, the machine will run fine when the card has been removed. No the setting will not be changed.

Do let us know if removing this card resolves your problem.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Wulfman... wrote: The "OTHER SITE" (or "side")?....... somebody's hallucinating.
After not seeing anything from you for some time, the "other side" did cross my mind but I am not rude enuff to say that.

So I thought saying the "other sight" would be enuff to bring you back even IF you had "crossed over".

I figured if you were still on this side you would see that comment.
OK. I was neither "site seeing" or "sight seeing". Been sort of busy with some other projects and although I peek in from time to time, I haven't seen any need to comment on anything that you all have been sufficiently handling without my input (which is normal).

Thanks for thinking of me though.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:02 am

Guest wrote:
Valpo wrote:
You can unplug the card when the machine is plugged in and off or unplugged. The only time it is not good is when the machine has just been turned off after use and could be writing to the card - that can cause card corruption.

Yes, the machine will run fine when the card has been removed. No the setting will not be changed.

Thanks very much! No beeping this morning but if it happens again, I'll remove the card. It has 9 years of data on it. Why stop now.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:53 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Valpo wrote:

Thanks very much! No beeping this morning but if it happens again, I'll remove the card. It has 9 years of data on it. Why stop now.
No it doesn't. It only would have seven nights of "detailed" data and about 320 nights of summary information. That's all the card will hold before it starts overwriting the data.
If you want to see the "details" in Encore Pro or Encore Viewer, you need to download it within a week.

Den

User since 05/14/05