Help with ResMan Data Card and Reader

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jay Aitchsee

Re: Help with ResMan Data Card and Reader

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Well then, it looks like either ver 1.1.6.2 or the newer 4.0.0.5 should work, at least with Win7-64. I don't have a proprietary reader, but I seem to recall that with one, if that's what the OP has, the smartcard had to be inserted in what seemed to be an upside or face down fashion. To do otherwise would result in the "no device connected" error, right?

McSleepy

Post by McSleepy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:09 am

That's right, the card needs to be inserted upside down, but she has been using it for some time previously, she claims, so she should have the basics covered. It is strange that both of her ResScan installations (on Win 8.1 and Vista) have stopped accepting the card. She says she had to reinstall the OS (on both computers?) some time ago and now neither is working anymore. I wonder whether the card might have gotten bad, but the machine is not complaining. That we know of, we haven't heard from her lately. It seems like OP has lost interest in this topic.
McSleepy

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto; Puritan-Bennett Breeze nasal pillow mask; healthy, active, middle-aged man; tall, athletic build; stomach sleeper; on CPAP since 2003; lives @ 5000 ft; surgically-corrected deviated septum and turbinates; regular nasal washes

jilliansue

Post by jilliansue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:06 pm

McSleepy wrote:That's right, the card needs to be inserted upside down, but she has been using it for some time previously, she claims, so she should have the basics covered. It is strange that both of her ResScan installations (on Win 8.1 and Vista) have stopped accepting the card. She says she had to reinstall the OS (on both computers?) some time ago and now neither is working anymore. I wonder whether the card might have gotten bad, but the machine is not complaining. That we know of, we haven't heard from her lately. It seems like OP has lost interest in this topic.
McSleepy
Hello! I have not lost interest, just busy. I appreciate everyone's help. Yes, I too had wondered if the card were bad. I had not used it in some time until last Sunday when I inserted it into the machine to record data. The screen read, "Card inserted." But then after a few moments, it returned to the usual start up messages on the screen which appear when I turn the machine on. I was expecting it to say something about reading the card or data transfer, but it did not, and since it had been some time since I had inserted the card, I did not think much of it.

One member responded a few posts above this one and included screen shots of windows drivers information. I had previously gotten to those screens and I even unchecked the option which said it could cause things to work incorrectly if.....(I am not looking at the exact language right now, just paraphrasing from memory). I plan to try this again.

It was just the old computer at home on which I re-installed the OS.

So I will try the suggestions and let everyone know what I come up with. And if all else fails, I could see about looking for a new card. Or just let it go and wait until I get another machine which should be within the next year. My on-screen stats seem good, I just want to know more and sometimes think my daytime sleepiness has gotten worse.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

McSleepy

Post by McSleepy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:43 pm

jilliansue wrote: [...] Yes, I too had wondered if the card were bad. I had not used it in some time until last Sunday when I inserted it into the machine to record data. The screen read, "Card inserted." But then after a few moments, it returned to the usual start up messages on the screen which appear when I turn the machine on. I was expecting it to say something about reading the card or data transfer, but it did not, and since it had been some time since I had inserted the card, I did not think much of it.
Now we're talking! It appears that your problem is that the card does not contain valid data, but it is not the card's fault, it's the machine. I have the same problem with my S8 and that is a design flaw as I had it repaired (they simply replaced it with another unit) and it is doing it again. When you insert your card, it sometimes causes the S8 to reboot - this is what you are seeing. When it does that it does not write the data to the card. You have to repeat the process until it tells you that the data is successfully copied (not sure of the exact wording of the message, but I could check if you want me to). Only then try inserting the card in the reader and have ResScan read it.

This is one of the reasons why I got fed up with my S8 and moved to an S9. Plus the extended data capabilities. If you have an opportunity, you should do the same.

McSleepy

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto; Puritan-Bennett Breeze nasal pillow mask; healthy, active, middle-aged man; tall, athletic build; stomach sleeper; on CPAP since 2003; lives @ 5000 ft; surgically-corrected deviated septum and turbinates; regular nasal washes

McSleepy

Post by McSleepy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:49 pm

Any luck?

McSleepy