HELP!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BlackSpinner

Re: HELP!

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:17 am

Koree17 wrote:yah I read something about that earlier tonight. I'm planning on trying tonight, but are antacids something you can safely take every night?
If it helps then go and see a doctor - gastro - and get proper meds. OTC antacids are not it and I only suggested them as a trial because if they help then it is not the xpap machine.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Koree17

Post by Koree17 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Ok so my pressure was just changed to 9. It's a constant flow so there are no pressure changes throughout the night. And about the leeks. So it looks to me like my leek rate rarely goes above the red line. The red line looks like its about 25. I'm not entirely sure what I need to look at to see if its effectively controlling my apnea. I know last night my ahi was 12.65. 8.36 was clear airway apnea, 3.02 was obstructive apnea, 1.28 was hypopnea, and 1.74 was vibratory snore.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Koree17 wrote:Ok so my pressure was just changed to 9. It's a constant flow so there are no pressure changes throughout the night. And about the leeks. So it looks to me like my leek rate rarely goes above the red line. The red line looks like its about 25. I'm not entirely sure what I need to look at to see if its effectively controlling my apnea. I know last night my ahi was 12.65. 8.36 was clear airway apnea, 3.02 was obstructive apnea, 1.28 was hypopnea, and 1.74 was vibratory snore.
If last night was a typical night for you then your apnea is not being effectively treated. Which gives you some things to work on and improve which is actually not bad news. Acceptable treatment is considered to be an AHI of not more than 5 (total AHI). In addition, the majority of your events were clear airway events. Clear airway apnea events are not treated by pressure and in fact can in some cases be caused by pressure that is too high.

So, two things -- Tell us if last night was a typical night in terms of your AHI and the clear airway component of it. Then, post a few screenshots of some typical nights. Here's an example:

Aso post a copy of the Statistics page from SleepyHead. Include the "Change to Prescription Settings" and "Machine Information" sections like in this example:

Koree17

Post by Koree17 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:54 pm

Having trouble getting the screenshots into the post. Ive never had to do it on a mac before >.<

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Koree17 wrote:Having trouble getting the screenshots into the post. Ive never had to do it on a mac before >.<
you have to upload them to a photo sharing service, I prefer imgur.com. imgur will give you a bbcode and linkedbbcode link... paste that link into your message.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Koree17 wrote:Having trouble getting the screenshots into the post. Ive never had to do it on a mac before >.<
The last link in my signature box will show you how to get a screenshot on a Mac. Then upload the screenshot to a site like Photobucket or imgur. There you'll get a code for that image. The code will begin with [IMG}... Copy and paste the code right into a post here -- it will just be text, but if you click on Preview you should see your image. If you do, then we will also see it when you submit your post.

(You can't upload attachments directly into a post)

Koree17

Post by Koree17 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:29 pm

Ok i got that down but when i paste them in here there showing up massivee

Koree17

Post by Koree17 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Koree17

Post by Koree17 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:40 pm

ok so the first night is last night. Second night is the last night I managed to sleep all the way through. The third night is my typical night, either broken up or only a few hours because I have to use the machine, but at the same time I don't want to leave class to vomit in the morning. My issue is i've never gotten a single good nights sleep when using the mask. I've never woken up and felt rested. It just makes me physically ill the more i use it. Im at the point where i'm going to take an entire semester off school again because I'm throwing up most days out the week and i'm gagging on mucus all day.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Koree17 wrote:Ok i got that down but when i paste them in here there showing up massivee
better massive than shrunk down and impossible to read

there's a trick with imgur that I like to do.

Code: Select all

pick the 'linked bbcode entry, and change this:
[url=http://imgur.com/1TScxYz][img]http://i.imgur.com/1TScxYz.png[/img][/url]
to this:
[url=http://imgur.com/1TScxYz.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/1TScxYzl.png[/img][/url]
(add .png after the first link, and change the second one by adding a l *before* the .png)
then you get a large thumbnail pasted in the forum here, and when you click it, you get the full res pic.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Do you have copies of your sleep studies...the diagnostic sleep study and the titration sleep study?
If not, get them.
What was your official diagnosis?
How come you are using a bilevel machine in cpap mode?

Were you awake a lot last night or would you say you slept soundly from the time you went to bed and got up?

What was different between last night 11/23 and 11/20 other than the 20th only had a couple of hours or so?

Don't worry about the images being massive with part of it cut off...we can right click the mouse over the image and get the full image. I would rather have them huge as to tiny I can't see the numbers.

I will let the others continue to help you. They will need answers to the above questions to be able to help you better so I figured I might as well ask those questions and save them the time.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Koree17

Post by Koree17 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:06 pm

Narcolepsy with cataplexy and sleep apnea is i guess the official diagnosis. In my last sleep study it says my ahi was 12.1 and my REM AHI was 43.6. I do not know why i have a bipap. I just have what I have. I was awake a lot last night. Because my blood pressure was so high the last time i visited the doctor (I was trying different ones to find one that wouldnt cause ED. I happend to be on one that apparently didnt work at all) he lowered my dose of xyrem. So now im going to be getting significantly less sleep. Im pretty desperate at this point for some sorta help. Ill be seeing an ENT tmrw so hopefully he has a solution as to why im gagging all the time. I think if i can just get to a point where i can wake up and not feel completely awful when i use the machine maybe he can get enough good data to get things on track again.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:24 pm

The sleep study copies that you have....does it or they happen to mention the number of centrals that happened?

Did you have a sleep titration study where they hooked you up to mask and machine?...if so does that report mention centrals?

Last night you slept poorly and was awake often....what about the one night with only short hours of sleep and the report looks decent enough...did you sleep well that night?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Koree17

Post by Koree17 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:30 pm

On the night I only slept a few hours. Yes i did sleep pretty well. You see I have to wake up in the middle of the night to take a second dose of xyrem. So I sometimes dont always think to put it back on before passing out again. The last study i had the central apneas/hour was 5. This was not my original sleep study or even my second. I got this one because I was seeing a new doctor and all my previous sleep studies were pretty old.
Last edited by Koree17 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koree17

Post by Koree17 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:34 pm

If I only use the machine for 2-3 hours I can actually tolerate the nausea and gagging the next day. It really seems to me like im having some sort of acid reflux caused by the machine. When i sleep with it I wake up and gag all day. When i sleep without it i feel like i sleep great. I know I have to use it and thats why im trying this again, but i just know im going to keep getting sicker and sicker until i finally get a solution or i break again and get fed up with living my life gagging to the point of dryheaving on a daily basis. Its absolutely miserable.