Sinus issues/polyp

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ChicagoGranny

Re: Sinus issues/polyp

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:43 pm

tireddaisey wrote:My ENT scoped and probed on numerous occasions all to come to the conclusion that to do a removal would be pointless and would force me to have to rinse several times daily because of the lost cilia.
It is not clear to me whether the polyp is in your sinus or your nostrils. If it is in your sinus, you may need the help of an ENT.

If it is in your nostril you may find relief from this product - http://bfascher.com/products/ayr-saline-nasal-gel/.

That is my favorite but there are also other brands of nasal gel that are good.

tireddaisey

Post by tireddaisey » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:56 am

Thanks ChicagoGranny, I will check the nasal gel out.
My ENT determined that the polyp was in the sinuses.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:07 pm

thank you palerider! I really am intent on making this work with the nasal pillows. I couldn't imagine a ffm so determination to win over the pillows is high!!

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Pugsy wrote:I don't blame you for wanting to try to make the nasal pillow mask work.
Maybe get with the doctors and see if a pressure reduction might be something wish could be done and not negatively impact your CPAP therapy much...if it would help with the polyp irritation...I don't even know if it would help or not.
I don't know if a different nasal pillow mask would help or not. The Opus is a pretty good little mask but maybe one of the others might be different. Worth trying though.
I do want to keep trying with this pressure as for the first time, in a long while, today I feel fairly energetic and "think" I got a decent night's sleep with the mask. I say "think" because my data points seem all off with the Respira company. I am going to take your suggestion of the Sleepyhead software link and see that a lot of users on the board find it helpful. As I'm still so new with learning all of the numbers I didn't want to become too overwhelmed at once! But, I would rather have a backup data point to show I am making some progress. Regardless, I hope that what I am feeling today can continue to be replicated!!

Thanks everyone for their guidance so far!

VVV

Post by VVV » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:07 pm

Guest wrote:my data points seem all off
Did you say what your AHI value shows on the machine display? Leak smiley icon?

Good luck,
.....................................V

tireddaisey

Post by tireddaisey » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:09 pm

VVV,
My nightly AHI values don't post on my machine. Where would I find the leak icon? Going to do another check for leaks tonight, my DME said it is posting "dark data" indicating a leak somewhere.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:54 pm

tireddaisey wrote:VVV,
My nightly AHI values don't post on my machine. Where would I find the leak icon? Going to do another check for leaks tonight, my DME said it is posting "dark data" indicating a leak somewhere.
the leak thingy he was talking about is on a different brand of machines.

your best bet is to download the sleepyhead software (see below) and get all the wonderful data the machine collects

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:01 pm

Your machine does have some limited data available on the LCD screen but you probably will have to turn on the access to it via a setting in the clinical setup menu.
You might read this and watch the video at the bottom of the page and it will help you get to that area.
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one ... structions
I would also suggest that you go here and get the full pdf of the clinical manual because it also explains how to get to and see your data on the LCD screen along with a lot of other useful information.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual
Instructions for requesting the manual via email are down near the bottom of the page.
Be sure to request the correct manual and in your case since you have a 460 model machine this would be what you request.
Respironics PR System One 60 Series REMstar Pro with C-flex+

That said...the on screen data is severely limited to gross AHI and % of time in large leak. That's about it so the software is really preferable because it offers more details.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

tireddaisey

Post by tireddaisey » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Pugsy and palerider thank you both again for your helpful info! Now that I have some downtime, following tomorrow's feasting, coming up I will have time to download the SH software and go over these links starting with the manual

tireddaisey

Post by tireddaisey » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:19 am

A mini frustration rant just to make myself feel better! Adjusted my mask significantly, checked and tightened all connections and...had a terrible night, kept waking to adjust, gave up at 3am and woke up with marks on my face to boot!

My AHI from the previous night was .3 at 3.9 hours, the best yet, and I felt amazing! I think I'll take some minor leaks for a good restful sleep! Adjusting mask again tonight would rather have a read out of less hours but obviously be getting the benefits.
Two steps forward one step back, forging ahead! Thanks for the rant space!

VVV

Post by VVV » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:28 am

Pugsy wrote:Your machine does have some limited data available ....
So thankful for Pugsy 365 days!

I haven't kept up with the machine brands and latest models.

tireddaisey wrote:Two steps forward one step back, forging ahead!
You'll get there! Fitting and adjusting the mask is 90% of the battle.

Wearing the mask while sleeping is the other 90%.
.....................................V