new cpap user

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sunnlady

Re: new cpap user

Post by sunnlady » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:09 pm

No problem, I was just trying to find out some info like I had noted others uses this for. I was not on here for venting purposes, just simply for info..
I have family and friends that i can vent to. It was merely an information seeking thing i noted and seemed ok to come here.. I really did not understand the statement of the English is not my first language nor "someone to hold my hand" I can do that myself..... I never really encountered such bluntness on a forum before and prob will never go to one again if they all are like this.. i always was raised to be nice to people. I was just trying to find out some questions that DME would not answer... and yes they were some technical questions....wish all the best if this is just to vent... forums must not be for information seeking but they must be to vent. regards

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:34 pm

sunnlady wrote: i thought forums were about making people feel welcome and say hey welcome to the forum not just be blunt to say It could not be possible to need this setting or any kind of machine or diminish what I had posted.
I really do no see where this is helpful other the two women who had initally welcomed me
no, many of us are here to *HELP* people, that's what the forum is for. if you just want somewhere to go where people say "WELCOME, Make yourself at home!" and nothing more... you'll probably have to keep looking.

most people come here looking for help, so perhaps you can see the point of confusion.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:39 pm

We feel it is important to pass on information because health is at stake for members. Of course we also try to be nice to each other, but human nature being what it is, and facial expressions not being visible on paper, you'll get some postings that may not be 'nice', but still may be helpful, and adults should be able to put aside their need for niceness IF they are getting important knowledge. Some people are never nice, and not much help either, in which case you're free to ignore them, but as a public forum, you get the usual mix of voices, just don't take them to heart - you don't even know them and they don't know you - just take the info you need, say thanks and leave (or stick around and you might even like it here after all).

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:43 pm

Since you have chosen to delete your original posting I cannot reread it to see what specific questions might be in there that I could possibly answer. Obviously I missed something.

If you would be willing to re-state any technical questions again then I could try to answer them.

I was also raised to be nice to people and that is what I am trying to convey here. If you can't see that then I am sorry that you are seeing something here that never really was the intent.
You might be happier on one of the other cpap forum where comments are more strictly moderated.
Feel free to go there and try them out.
But I will share this...when I was first starting therapy I did go to those other forums (2 main ones) and not one person welcomed me in my first post...not one. No replies at all.
No one said ANYTHING at all...nothing. I got the feeling I could have come by and announced I was just diagnosed with OSA and planned on shooting myself and no one would have said a thing...not "please don't do that" or even "use a big bullet so you don't miss".
When I came here...I did at least get someone to drop in and say "hi, welcome to the forum".

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Pugsy wrote: "use a big bullet so you don't miss".
never heard that one before *giggle*

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.