FUN with CPAP :)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MyJanine

FUN with CPAP :)

Post by MyJanine » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:36 am

Don't try this at home. Came to Mexico and we forgot our pump to put air into a Coleman mattress. It was either face an hour of mouth-to-matress, or....? Set up resmed to 12.5 and inflate! Use a $600.00+ machine to inflate a $2 mattress. Done in 45 seconds. Thank You CPAP people for showing me how to adjust pressures.
Comments?

Julie

Re: FUN with CPAP :)

Post by Julie » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:03 am

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:18 am

MyJanine wrote:Don't try this at home. Came to Mexico and we forgot our pump to put air into a Coleman mattress. It was either face an hour of mouth-to-matress, or....? Set up resmed to 12.5 and inflate! Use a $600.00+ machine to inflate a $2 mattress. Done in 45 seconds. Thank You CPAP people for showing me how to adjust pressures.
so, I'm guessing you set it to 20cm... how firm did it make it?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:53 am

I'm jealous... most of the USA is being hammered with bad weather including people dying in snow storms. Hope it's nice where you are That looks like a diver's watch on somebody's wrist - Yucatan?

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:59 am

Oh crap...that means I just this past summer spent a lot more money for one of those air mattresses that comes with the pump than I really had to...never thought of using my machine to inflate it. Darn.
Great idea though. I will remember it when in the future I need another air mattress...we have kitties and I suspect that's why the last mattress wouldn't hold air.
Only get used once a year when the grandson comes to visit.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:I'm jealous... most of the USA is being hammered with bad weather including people dying in snow storms. Hope it's nice where you are That looks like a diver's watch on somebody's wrist - Yucatan?
we had snow in dallas sunday night.... *blink* snow... dallas... in november.... *blink*

I mean, not MUCH snow... but... snow, november.. dallas.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

MyJanine

Post by MyJanine » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:08 pm

In Puerto Vallarta today, then down the coast (and 2 more inflation's) until we reach Melaque where I've got my kite pumps to perform this job cheaply. I set the Resmed to 12.5 to get the job done, then returned it to 6.0.
The weather is absolutely idyllic here, and I presume once y'all return to your "normal" pattern it will get too hot & humid. Th only solution is more palm trees and more icy margaritas.
Hasta Pronto,
Kip

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Nebraska, just enough to make footprints. Just enough to shovel, but not enough for a snowperson.
Too cold to form snowballs. Too windy for bubble-blowing. I hate winter.
I want to make something warm with Tattoo.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:24 pm

PR - I've been hesitant to ask how your weather is - seen it on TV if nothing else, but I hope it's mostly over for now and that you got enough snow to build a 'man' or a fort. Being on the edge of things here (maritime Canada) we somehow escaped the worst of things with only a very little snow, a bit more rain, and the usual temps. Does anyone else think my idea is nuts - the polar ice etc. is melting, so strong winter conditions are moving south along with the cold air/ice and snow from up north, and only when it bypasses us here (in ? years) will we warm up?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:54 pm

Climate change can be seen with dramatic and seemingly random regional changes in weather patterns.
Warming at the poles is a long-term effect. Unexpected cold (or heat) in the wrong place is confusing,
but the sum total is that our USDA hardiness zones are creeping northward, as is the range for wild creatures.
More people are having to deal with fire ants and Africanized bees. We see more opossums.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:06 pm

Photo credit: Al Gore
Last edited by ChicagoGranny on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GayleM

Post by GayleM » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:16 pm

That's brilliant!!!

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Wow, incredible weather map! We're begging for some of that wet stuff here in California. Two days ago I was riding my bike downtown in bright sunlight wearing a tee shirt and shorts amid high sixties temps. Today features very light drizzle at about 60 degrees. We need your rain and snow... UPS us some. every little bit helps

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:47 pm

Julie wrote:PR - I've been hesitant to ask how your weather is - seen it on TV if nothing else, but I hope it's mostly over for now and that you got enough snow to build a 'man' or a fort. Being on the edge of things here (maritime Canada) we somehow escaped the worst of things with only a very little snow, a bit more rain, and the usual temps. Does anyone else think my idea is nuts - the polar ice etc. is melting, so strong winter conditions are moving south along with the cold air/ice and snow from up north, and only when it bypasses us here (in ? years) will we warm up?
it's currently 65 (18 for people with more sensible measurement systems) and sunny, it's supposed to get to 70(21) tomorrow and down to 50(10) tonight.

we got a dusting sunday... not much. here's what it looked like:

the white streaks were snow zipping past (it was quite windy)

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:02 pm

If it can do that to a car, it is way too much snow for me.
I am from Chicago, far away from Chicago now, and I don't want to see any of that white stuff unless I drive to the mountains with that intention.
It is cold here today in SoCal only 64 at the moment. I have to decide if I will need a jacket when I go out for my bike ride.