Need some help selecting Autotitrating CPAP machine & accys.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Merlin7

Re: Need some help selecting Autotitrating CPAP machine & accys.

Post by Merlin7 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:15 pm

I'm relatively new to CPAP, and went for the Resmed A10 Autoset, and am very happy with my decision.

Masks are a whole different ball game and that really depends on whether you can breathe easily through your nose, and I would go for nasal pillows if your an 'active sleeper'. After trying a few I've settled for the Resmed P10 and Nuance from Phillips.

Good luck and Im sure you'll get lots of great tips and advice here on this forum.

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:06 pm

FWIW, I used to have swollen sinuses year round. Since starting therapy in May, the swelling has gone down substantially, which improves ability to breathe through my nose. So don't completely discount nasal type masks if you have some mild issues.

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

DaveInGA

Post by DaveInGA » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:20 am

Tatooed Lady wrote:FWIW, I used to have swollen sinuses year round. Since starting therapy in May, the swelling has gone down substantially, which improves ability to breathe through my nose. So don't completely discount nasal type masks if you have some mild issues.
I'm very much in this boat and my swelling is directly related to allergies. I know the CPAP machines, with their humidified and filtered air do a pretty good job of filtering out allergens, thereby helping with the allergies and swelling in general.