Could Apnea Be Causing my Daytime Symptoms?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
borgready

Re: Could Apnea Be Causing my Daytime Symptoms?

Post by borgready » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:58 am

So your 5' 8" and 190lbs and your trying to lose weight. Why?

You should try eating some meat. Why don't you eat any meat? Egg protein, whey protein are a good place to start.

Do you take any vitamins/supplements? Work on all the B vitamins as a place to start. Take a good quality multivitamin.
Nascent Iodine-http://store.infowars.com/Survival-Shie ... _1104.html
Iodine will help with low metabolism. Low iodine messes with the thyroid

B12- http://store.infowars.com/Secret-12_p_1427.html
B12 can also be taken by shots/injections.

If your breathing through your nose is restricted then cpap is not going to do you much good.
If you are not breathing through your nose you are going to have issues trying to mouth breath and sleep.
Monitor your O2 with a pulse oximeter at night as you sleep. See how low your O2 drops and for how long. Normal is mid to low 90's.
Do you remember your dreams and if you do what are they like? Nightmare/death themed dreams are a good indicator of low O2.
Do nasal decongestants like afrin help you breathe through your nose?
Check into nose surgery of somekind and see if anything can be modified.

Your on medicaid. I wouldn't have to much faith in those doctors. If they can't milk you for money, then they don't do much for you.

49er

Post by 49er » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:27 am

Mike,

If the suggestions for improving nasal potency don't work such as nasal rinsing, do you have the option to choose another ENT even though you have Medicaid for a 2nd opinion about your nose? It would seem if you can't breathe through it that something is being missed.

Like Captain Midnight, I am not one to tell someone what diet they should follow, particularly when it comes to vegetarianism vs. eating meat. However, the advice to look into B vitamins, particularly B-12 is important if you are going to continue being a vegetarian because those of are the vitamins that are usually missed. A B-12 injection seems like overkill but of course, check with your doctor and go by what she/he says.

Best of luck.

49er

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:17 am

[quote="borgready"
If your breathing through your nose is restricted then cpap is not going to do you much good.
If you are not breathing through your nose you are going to have issues trying to mouth breath and sleep. [/quote]

This is what full face masks are for. Stop telling people they can't use cpap and breathe through their mouth. They can use a full face mask and breathe through their mouth and cpap works just fine. I went from ahi of 79 to less than 1. If I had to breathe through my nose to make treatment work, I wouldn't even bother to try. I wasted years without treatment because I mistakenly believed that I had to use a nasal mask. Please do not discourage others from trying to make cpap work. All we need to do is encourage them to use a full face mask. They can still work on nasal issues, but they don't have to wait for them to be solved first.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?