Going to try to get Provigil.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Noctuary

Going to try to get Provigil.

Post by Noctuary » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:38 pm

I see my doctor on Monday. I will ask him about Provigil. Has anyone here tried it?

I'm at my wits end here with this fatigue.

Mask: Flexifit 407

Wulfman...

Re: Going to try to get Provigil.

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:46 pm

Noctuary wrote:I see my doctor on Monday. I will ask him about Provigil. Has anyone here tried it?

Go up to the Search line and put in "Provigil" and start reading.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
Noctuary wrote:I see my doctor on Monday. I will ask him about Provigil. Has anyone here tried it?

Go up to the Search line and put in "Provigil" and start reading.

Den

thanks.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:16 pm

You can also check the info on WebMd, but they might leave out the bad stuff.

mossytreesprite

Post by mossytreesprite » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:28 pm

I know how you feel. I've been considering the same thing, but have been having trouble finding much useful info, even after searching the forum several times for provigil. I started a thread on the same topic last week, and I got some helpful replies. I worry about starting a new med, because as one of the laws of thermodynamics goes "every action has an equal and opposite reaction" - in other words, side effects, withdrawal, trouble sleeping, who knows.

I wish you luck. Are you having good results from your sleep apnea therapy?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:35 pm

"Magic has a price"

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:44 pm

mossytreesprite wrote:I know how you feel. I've been considering the same thing, but have been having trouble finding much useful info, even after searching the forum several times for provigil. I started a thread on the same topic last week, and I got some helpful replies. I worry about starting a new med, because as one of the laws of thermodynamics goes "every action has an equal and opposite reaction" - in other words, side effects, withdrawal, trouble sleeping, who knows.

I wish you luck. Are you having good results from your sleep apnea therapy?
I'm better with the therapy than without it, but I still hate every moment I'm awake.

Its just a miserable existence.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:46 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:"Magic has a price"

Great.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:14 pm

mossytreesprite

Post by mossytreesprite » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:42 pm

I should modify what I said about finding information through searching the forum - I am sure that there is useful information, but I read through the first three or so pages of results before I posted on the topic and didn't find much that was useful to me personally (and by that I mean my own personal situation) and I didn't take (or have) the time to go through the 1000+ pages of results. You could very well do better than I at finding out the info you need.

Do you think that you maybe need to optimize your CPAP therapy a bit more? I have been struggling getting the therapy to work, but I just started on ASV, and I am actually feeling like it might start working for me now. Last night, however, we had the power go out for about 4+ hours, and wow - what a difference, my mood just plummeted again. I feel stupid, useless, unable to focus on anything, just generally having my mind go into all sorts of dark places. I really do know how depressed you are feeling, it's rough and it sucks, and I know you're as tired of it as I am.

I wish there was a magic bullet. One of my concerns with starting a medication like that is I'm afraid that when I do actually start feeling better, I won't be sensitive enough to notice it, or the meds themselves might prevent me from actually feeling better. I do think some people have good results and are able to use the meds intermittently, as needed. Nothing is ever easy, is it?

I really do hope you start feeling better.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:04 pm

mossytreesprite wrote:I should modify what I said about finding information through searching the forum - I am sure that there is useful information, but I read through the first three or so pages of results before I posted on the topic and didn't find much that was useful to me personally (and by that I mean my own personal situation) and I didn't take (or have) the time to go through the 1000+ pages of results. You could very well do better than I at finding out the info you need.
protip, use google, the site search function kinda sucks.

site:cpaptalk.com provigil and other search terms you'd like.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

mossytreesprite

Post by mossytreesprite » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:50 pm

I have to agree with you there, Palerider, now that I think of it. I tend to get great answers (from cpaptalk) when I use some specific search terms in google, but not so much when searching within the results on the site directly. I will definitely take that advice and run with it... It will save me some text trudging to be sure.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:10 pm

mossytreesprite wrote:I have to agree with you there, Palerider, now that I think of it. I tend to get great answers (from cpaptalk) when I use some specific search terms in google, but not so much when searching within the results on the site directly. I will definitely take that advice and run with it... It will save me some text trudging to be sure.
one of the things that annoys me about the site search is that it doesn't show you the part of the post that matches, or even the part of the post that's the post, it will often show the quotes instead of the post itself in the results.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:59 pm

palerider wrote:one of the things that annoys me about the site search is that it doesn't show you the part of the post that matches, or even the part of the post that's the post, it will often show the quotes instead of the post itself in the results.
Well, here's another trick. If you save the search, it does show you where it is in the post. Click on the on my post above or quoted below.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:26 pm

I'm thinking of trying a full face mask; I had forgotten my obvious mouth leak problem (I talked about it on the SSSSS thread). Maybe I can give that a try before more medication.

Can anyone recommend a good mask that isn't too expensive. Bear in mind I just paid $1000 for car repair.