sleeping under the blanket with CPAP>?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

Re: sleeping under the blanket with CPAP>?

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:15 pm

Krelvin wrote:There is no way I would be able to sleep through a power outage. Even the hose coming off the mask will wake me up almost instantly.
Yep. Same here. Of the couple of power outages I've experienced, "the lack of air" and "the silence" is enough to wake me up in a hurry.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:30 pm

You know, I just pull the sheet up over my head, not all the blankets *smile*. Blocks enough of the light for me and is lightweight and airy. Tried one of those sleep masks, but I sleep on my side and it just didn't work well for me. Besides, I don't need to be wearing more stuff on my face, there's enough there already.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Therapist wrote:
Sir NoddinOff wrote:If the power goes out at your house
I think every CPAPer should have a power-off alarm in the bedroom. Some members recommended a cheap one which I bought a couple of years ago. Power has gone off twice and the alarm (unpleasantly) awakened me both times.
Here's a very popular power interruption alarm that our hosts sell... I have one and it works perfectly. If you use a hearing aid or insert earplugs it obviously will not be loud enough to wake you up. Other than those two things, it works as advertized.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/relian ... erout.html

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:08 am

Sir NoddinOff wrote: If you use a hearing aid or insert earplugs it obviously will not be loud enough to wake you up.
Maybe the strobe would wake you.

Johnnyb01

Post by Johnnyb01 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:25 am

Greenkat wrote:WOW!

I would really LOVE to come visit some of your houses with all these decorating ideas for blacking out a room!

Maybe y'all could ALSO put together a comedy team, too

DEPENDS....really now. SMH.

Kathy
Lol, our bedroom is used for two things, and hosting guests isn't one of them, it's functional, doesn't have to be pretty, although my wife does well enough considering her constraints.

As far as making blackout draped look pretty, you can always build a curtain box like some older styled homes have and put the blackouts on a rod close in to the window and the pretty curtains outside of them.

And you know you snickered at the depends comment

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:07 pm

I took my PRS1 machine and Swift FX mask and slept for a while with the sheet and a blanket over my head. I tried to do a fairly good job covering up and "sealing" myself in. I didn't see any noticeable change in my total leak rate, so I interpret this as meaning I shouldn't be having any CO2 problems.

I'm at 16 cmH2O, so it might be a little worse at lower pressure.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.