SSSSSS

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

Re: SSSSSS

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:49 pm

Noctuary wrote:Then I don't know what else to do.
Go to the Control Panel and edit the "Signature" and put your information in there.......like I did with mine (below).

That way you don't have to worry about pictures or text or picking the correct stuff out of the drop down menus.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Despite all this I feel hella better than before therapy.

Mask: Flexifit 407

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Noctuary wrote:Despite all this I feel hella better than before therapy.
Well, GOOD!
I see you're making progress with your profile information. Thanks.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

kteague

Post by kteague » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:47 pm

Ditto what Pugsy said. Hasn't always been that way though. Used to wake myself up exhaling through my mouth quite often. Haven't had that happen in a long time.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:53 pm

Can some air escaping through my mouth make that much a difference? Today I feel like total crap; I did wake up this morning with a dry mouth; occasionally the hissing I make wakes me up too. And I don't know what's going on, but I have heard some strange guttural sounds that make me think I need an exorcist.

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Noctuary wrote:Can some air escaping through my mouth make that much a difference? Today I feel like total crap; I did wake up this morning with a dry mouth; occasionally the hissing I make wakes me up too. And I don't know what's going on, but I have heard some strange guttural sounds that make me think I need an exorcist.
When air escapes through your mouth, your respiratory system is not pressurized, and as a result the tissues can collapse and your apnea remains untreated. You end up with the combined effects of no treatment and a dry mouth. If you cannot avoid letting the pressure relieve through your mouth, you will need to use a full face mask so that pressure between the nose and mouth are equalized, and the pressure goes to where it is needed...to stent the tissues in your throat open.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:23 pm

Go back to the DME and or DR. and ask for a machine the records data, so you and the DR. can monitor your tharapy progress. Many people have been succesful getting a different machine.
Good luck
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:21 am

grayghost4 wrote:Go back to the DME and or DR. and ask for a machine the records data, so you and the DR. can monitor your tharapy progress. Many people have been succesful getting a different machine.
Good luck
The machine does record data; it has a card. I bought a refurbished laptop to use SleepyHead, but the program just crashes. Lot of money wasted there.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:38 am

Noctuary wrote:
grayghost4 wrote:Go back to the DME and or DR. and ask for a machine the records data, so you and the DR. can monitor your tharapy progress. Many people have been succesful getting a different machine.
Good luck
The machine does record data; it has a card. I bought a refurbished laptop to use SleepyHead, but the program just crashes. Lot of money wasted there.
no, your machine does not record any useful data. you've been told that.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Silly me, taking a peek. Now I recall why I put you on "foe".

Back you go.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Some people just won't listen to the facts ... Escape does not record useful data. That is why sleepyhead crashes .... it does not support that machine because there is no useful data to read.

now you can put me on your foe list too .
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Its all I can afford.

Why is that sooooo hard for some people to comprehend?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Noctuary wrote:Its all I can afford.

Actually I understand....and I will once again point out that your machine does indeed gather at least AHI data (nothing else useful) and you will need ResScan to see the AHI. Sleepyhead can't work with the S9 Escape Auto..no sense in even trying.
Again if you follow the directions here you can get and use ResScan
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread ... -available
There's a little video that will also help
http://montfordhouse.com/cpap/resscan_tutorial/ Tutorial

OR if you can't manage to figure it out...upload the contents of your SD card to some place like dropbox so that I (or someone else) could snag those files and use our copy of ResScan and at least get a look at your AHI and hours of use. It's better than nothing.
Either that or go back to your doctor and tell him you feel like crap and he can order another sleep study which will line his pockets and will cost you more money.

I won't be online much for the next week or so (going away for the holidays) but if you want to send me your SD card contents I will use my ResScan when I get back...or post it on the forum and someone else will do it.

So I do understand when you say you can't afford a different machine but you also have to understand that we have absolutely nothing to go on to have any idea of what might be going on in your situation.
Maybe your therapy is sub optimal in terms of pressure or maybe in terms of leaks or maybe in terms of hours of use or hours of sleep or maybe the meds you take that affect how you feel during the day.
Without anything to go on all we can do is ask the magic 8 ball what might be going on.

Do what you can do though.....use ResScan and at least evaluate the AHI...it's a starting point albeit a poor one.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Apparently, mouth leaks seem to wake me up quickly, so I can fix them,
as my reported leak rates are usually fairly low.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Noctuary wrote:Its all I can afford.

given that we've seen 100$ full auto machines float through here, it seems that there's more to it than that, for that matter, there's the ASAA's cpap program where they provide you a machine for 100$ processing fee.

come on, you just like the attention that your whining gets you, admit it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.