myapnea dot org

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: myapnea dot org

Post by palerider » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:04 pm

nanwilson wrote:
squid13 wrote:
asleep@thewheel wrote:changing pressure is technically considered illegal since under current law it requires a physicians oversight.
Could you show me in writing the law that say's I can't change my pressure settings. I've never been able to find it.
My guess is that he means they ( the professionals) "THINK" its TECHNICALLY illegal to change pressures unless its under the guidance of a professional. Of course they (the professionals) will get paid every time they are consulted ...... its a $$$$$ directed "THINK" not a legal one .
"illegal" as in "my word as GOD is LAW!" mindset that so many physicians have.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Will any patient there be advised to request an autotitrating machine or get a better doctor?

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:40 pm

I spent a little time looking at "it" it must be running on an old Apple II .... it sure is slow..... no wonder no one is using it. aside for the fact that there is no information there.
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:42 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Will any patient there be advised to request an autotitrating machine or get a better doctor?
yeah, considering the old asaa mantra was "DON'T THINK, ASK YOUR DOCTOR! *CA-CHING!* BE OBEDIENT!"

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:38 pm

i see it is still moderated I posted to a thread and this is the message :
This post is currently pending review. Only the user who posted it and moderators can view it.
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:41 pm

I don't like the idea of censoring everyone's post. Inhibiting free thought and expression are not a good way to learn and reach understanding.

The layout of the forum is not very good either

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:45 pm

F**k censorship!

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:10 pm

that is not very forgfriendly

asleep@thewheel

Post by asleep@thewheel » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:27 pm

It is a prescribed medical therapy. What you do in your own home is your own business. This is why you can not buy over the counter opiate narcotics. You potentially might take too much and die. It has to do with one and only one issue. Liability. Doctors don't want to be sued for your error. It is not anymore complicated than that.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:28 pm

squid13 wrote:
asleep@thewheel wrote:changing pressure is technically considered illegal since under current law it requires a physicians oversight.
Could you show me in writing the law that say's I can't change my pressure settings. I've never been able to find it.
Nor have I ... and I have been practicing law for 31 years.

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:29 pm

asleep@thewheel wrote:It is a prescribed medical therapy. What you do in your own home is your own business. This is why you can not buy over the counter opiate narcotics. You potentially might take too much and die. It has to do with one and only one issue. Liability. Doctors don't want to be sued for your error. It is not anymore complicated than that.
Please provide a citation to the statute that makes it "illegal" to change the pressure on one's own xPAP machine.

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:33 pm

asleep@thewheel

I think you can see you don't have many converts here

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:38 pm

grayghost4 wrote:i see it is still moderated I posted to a thread and this is the message :
This post is currently pending review. Only the user who posted it and moderators can view it.
I've got zero problems moderating early posts.

there's a real spam problem out there with bots and sleazy low lifes polluting forums.

once a couple of posts have been made and approved (purely for spam content) then further posts should be allowed to be viewed immediately.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:39 pm

asleep@thewheel wrote:It is a prescribed medical therapy. What you do in your own home is your own business. This is why you can not buy over the counter opiate narcotics. You potentially might take too much and die. It has to do with one and only one issue. Liability. Doctors don't want to be sued for your error. It is not anymore complicated than that.
that's not a very patient centric view.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:50 pm

Adam Amdur wrote:We can do more inclusively together to right the wrongs. For example, Let's propose and do validated research together on patients monitoring their own data and titration settings.
The ASAA has effectively silenced the voices advocating patient self-management on its help forum. Is this one of the wrongs you are saying should be made right?

And when you say "Let's propose..." who is the "us" that you're speaking to? Valid, credible research needs to be conducted by trained research scientists to be accepted by the medical community at large. What medical researchers are currently interested in patient self-management of sleep apnea, and are they pursuing sources of funding for such studies?

And if the voices of a patient community are needed to inspire a credentialed researcher to conduct studies on patient self-monitoring and self-management, why has the ASAA censored and silenced those voices?