Free from sleep apnea

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

Re: Free from sleep apnea

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:07 pm

archangle wrote:Maybe you could wear the mask with no hose attached.
Actually, it was Arch's idea......not mine. I'll give credit where it's due.

Good luck with your new "learning curve".

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:59 pm

My apologies Archangle , I haven't stop the CPAP and I'm already making memory mistakes; thanks a lot for the suggestion it was really a good idea.

OK, last night I put the thing for hiding from the light for the eyes on (my mask simulator ) and I went to sleep. I woke up in the night doing guess what ??????? SNORING ! What a terrible thing I was not happy at all about it but I felt asleep again. Then I woke up a second time this one because of a terrible cramp on the upper part of the left leg the section lower the knee. This happens to me if I haven't drink enough water in the day. It lasted a good 10 minutes if not more. After that I felt asleep without problem.

In conclusion, in the morning I woke up with difficulty when the alarm rang to go to work. I was tired and dizzy. I'm really tired now and I had a big desire to take a nap while driving home like in the old times when I was sleep deprived.

This night I will again try to sleep without CPAP. I wonder how is it I was snoring , that is one of the reasons I wonder if it is true I'm free from sleep apnea or the machine I used to be tested was defective If I get too tired after a couple of days not using the CPAP I will need start again the therapy, I'll see.

Rosie

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:31 pm

rosacer wrote:My apologies Archangle , I haven't stop the CPAP and I'm already making memory mistakes; thanks a lot for the suggestion it was really a good idea.

OK, last night I put the thing for hiding from the light for the eyes on (my mask simulator ) and I went to sleep. I woke up in the night doing guess what ??????? SNORING ! What a terrible thing I was not happy at all about it but I felt asleep again. Then I woke up a second time this one because of a terrible cramp on the upper part of the left leg the section lower the knee. This happens to me if I haven't drink enough water in the day. It lasted a good 10 minutes if not more. After that I felt asleep without problem.

In conclusion, in the morning I woke up with difficulty when the alarm rang to go to work. I was tired and dizzy. I'm really tired now and I had a big desire to take a nap while driving home like in the old times when I was sleep deprived.

This night I will again try to sleep without CPAP. I wonder how is it I was snoring , that is one of the reasons I wonder if it is true I'm free from sleep apnea or the machine I used to be tested was defective If I get too tired after a couple of days not using the CPAP I will need start again the therapy, I'll see.

Rosie
Well, not everybody who snores has Apnea and not everybody who has Apnea snores. (or so I've been told)

We'll all be following "The Adventures of Rosie". Sounds like the makings of a mini-series.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:46 pm

I applaud your weight loss, but you will never pry my xpap from my hands. Using it is less of a bother, than not using it,I don't care how many Quacks say I'm cured. I have my own machine data, and recording O2 pulse ox. Truly if you are feeling worse without it, why ignore what your body is telling you! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:55 pm

Hey Den, for your pleasure here the next chapter of 'The Adventures of Rosie'

Last night I din't notice myself snoring . The thing for hiding the eyes from the light is working number one replacing the Headrest pressure on my head

This morning I felt better since I was able to sleep more hours. But for your comfort Goofproof, I'm not planing to put on sale my machines Sometimes I'm like ST-Thomas I need to see to believe

In one month or more I will definitely know if I'm free or not I love too much my machine to let it go so easy and I hate the masks too much to keep it for ever what a difficult situation

Rosie

Too tall

Post by Too tall » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:08 pm

I envy you. I would have no problem stopping CPAP. After 1 year I still hate it and rip it off an hour or so before I get up so I can enjoy that short period of time free from this thing.

Why not purchase an oximeter and sleep with it for a while to verify you are not having any O2 de-saturations. If you can go thru the whole night with minimal desats, I would think you are probably good to go.
System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (460P)

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:53 pm

Now that Global Warming is setting in, I am enjoying not running the a/c in the winter, the bedroom has cooled to under 60 degrees, just right for me, I like a good artic blast from my air hose. I hate to see heating bills, but a cold bedroom is a must. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:23 am

Too Tall,

I have an oximeter, I don't like to have that on my finger it squeezes it but that is a possibility I have reserved for the future. For now I notice my problem is having the sinuses very dry because of the low humidity at ho0me on this time of the year. That wakes me up with the sinus blocked, but I don't want to buy a humidifier right now without been sure I don,t need the CPA. I will maybe test the oximeter trick very soon if I don't find another way to keep my sinuses happy

bv1800

Post by bv1800 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:46 am

Rose, Congratulations on the weight loss. That's a terrific feat. With regard to CPAP use, do what ever makes you feel comfortable. Keeping your weight down is tough enough. If CPAP makes you feel better and avoid binge eating, etc that may result in regaining the weight, then keep doing using the machine.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:25 am

rosacer wrote:Too Tall,

I have an oximeter, I don't like to have that on my finger it squeezes it
I found that my oximeter is much more comfortable on my thumb than finger,
as there in only one size, made to fit a blacksmith, but not a little frog.

cattledog

Post by cattledog » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:08 pm

For now I notice my problem is having the sinuses very dry because of the low humidity at ho0me on this time of the year. That wakes me up with the sinus blocked, but I don't want to buy a humidifier right now without been sure I don,t need the CPA.
Try using a product called Ayr..found with nasal rinses at your local pharmacy. Put a little in each nostril before bed. You can do this during the day as well to help with dryness. Another alternative to Ayr is coconut oil, seems to work just as well for me. My allergist recommended Ayr, since my nostrils dry out, creating excessive post nasal drip. It's definitely helped with the dry sinuses...but still have some PND, although somewhat reduced.

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:25 pm

I feel for you froggy you have really small fingers Apparently I have blacksmith's ones

Thanks bv1800 I check every day my weight and I adjust depending on what I see . I have the advantage that I feel nauseated if I eat more than what I have room for (I have a small stomach and the part responsible of production of greline is gone, I don't have a lot of hunger) an extreme solution for an extreme foodaddict

Now I have an additional reason to watch my weight. I also need to exercise very often (each day I should do ) because of chronic back pain, it helps a lot to keep the weight loss. In any case I need to survey what I put on my mouth that is a fact. The CPAP helps me to sleep because of my sinuses prone to block with dryness of the air.

cattledog, thanks for the hint, I will check it tomorrow at the pharmacy. I was using another thing in the past but that doesn't seems to last long. I also rinse with Neilmed before going to bed but that is not enough neither.

Too tall

Post by Too tall » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:49 pm

If you don't mind spending a few more bucks, you could get one that slips over the finger. That's what I have, you can't even tell it's on your finger. It's not a full blown sleep test but it will give you some confidence that you are cured. Maybe just wear it once a month or so. Like I said, I envy you. Get rid of that thing and enjoy your freedom!
System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (460P)

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:32 am

Here my oximetry report for last night.

Duration = 7hr 5min
Total Events SpO2 = 19 ; Pulse = 41
%SpO level 99 - 95 = 10
%SpO level 94 - 90 = 9
Adjusted index (1/hr) SpO2 = 2.7 ; Pulse= 5.8
Basal SpO2 (%)= 97.6
Min SpO2 (%) = 93
Average SpO2 (%) =94.6

Average Pulse Rate = 58.5
Low Pulse Rate = 49

What I understand from this results (correct me if I'm wrong) is that I block or have small hypopneas, what I don't know is if normal people have the same results. The other thing clear to me is that for sure I can go back to sleep apnea if my weight increases.

I woke up after 7 hours of sleep because of the stuffy nose . I pushed some saline stuff but it didn't work, my sinuses didn't open until I stood up and started walking around. If I put the CPAP mask on, my sinuses opens and I can fall asleep again, I didn't do it today.

I was not dizzy this morning nor yesterday but I realize I started dreaming short dreams not peaceful.

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:10 pm

I have been sleeping without the machine since several nights. I don't wake up dizzy anymore but the stooped up nose is bothering me most of the nights. It is the sinus problem the cause of my wake up early, without that I would be surely able to sleep more than 7 hours.

I still have my CPAP installed and my mask beside my head ready to be used in case my sinuses bothers me too much and I want to sleep more.

I will use this night again the oxymeter because frankly, I have still a hard time believing I don't need the CPAP anymore

I realize I have developed an emotional attachment to the machine, I know that machine saved my health years ago. Now I fear not using it, I say to myself : what if I need it ? how I will know I need it again if that is the case? We are so complicated I can't understand the people whom doesn't want to use their CPAP I can't say bye to mine

Rosie