Kangen Water

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DreamStalker

Re: Kangen Water

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:22 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Lucas020489 wrote:proper hydration
Proper hydration comes from the water right out of my tap. You are either a sucker or you are making money selling these stupid machines to suckers.

There are no health benefits from Kangen water compared to tap water. Kangen water only makes your wallet lighter.
-10 (sorry I think I just cancelled somebody else's votes)

Hmmm ... I wonder just how proper hydration has been from the tap for the people of Flint Michigan? Were these people just suckers or actually really just stupid machines for believing they could get proper hydration from tap water?

Anyway, I'm not pushing the said Kangen water system but as someone who knows a little bit about water, I can assure you of one water fact ... "water is the universal solvent". This is because the molecular structure of water has a net dipole electrical charge that maintains a dynamic equilibrium of hydrogen ions and hydronium cations.

Given the "proper" time and/or the "proper" conditions (temperature, pressure, and chemical compositions), every substance that water touches becomes part of that water. Also, because life is made from water, the genetic expression (ie. state of health) of the human genotype also becomes the part of the water that we consume.

So as far as health benefits from ionized pH adjusted water goes, admittedly I have no clue of the potential benefits -- and I suspect few others on either side of the argument know anymore. In either case, I would think that ionized pH adjusted water could be just as harmful as it is beneficial depending on a multitude of variables.

Myself, I try to consume clean filtered and/or distilled water rather than tap water or ionized pH adjusted water but that’s just me (sez Tlaloc).
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

ButtermilkBuoy

Post by ButtermilkBuoy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 pm

[quote="DreamStalker"]I wonder just how proper hydration has been from the tap for the people of Flint Michigan? Were these people just suckers or actually really just stupid machines for believing they could get proper hydration from tap water?[/quote ]

About Flint, no brand of water ionizer will remove lead or other heavy metals from water.

Kangen is sold with the promise of alkalinizing your body. This is nonsense because stomach acids will bring the pH within balance within seconds of drinking it.

There are many cities in the U.S. whose water has an alkaline pH as high and higher than what Kangen claims. The citizens of these cities are no healthier than citizens of other cities.

In any case, no one in Flint could afford a Kangen machine. Kangen is an expensive multi-level marketing scam.

Marillion

Post by Marillion » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:42 pm

ButtermilkBuoy wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:I wonder just how proper hydration has been from the tap for the people of Flint Michigan? Were these people just suckers or actually really just stupid machines for believing they could get proper hydration from tap water?[/quote ]

About Flint, no brand of water ionizer will remove lead or other heavy metals from water.

Kangen is sold with the promise of alkalinizing your body. This is nonsense because stomach acids will bring the pH within balance within seconds of drinking it.

There are many cities in the U.S. whose water has an alkaline pH as high and higher than what Kangen claims. The citizens of these cities are no healthier than citizens of other cities.

In any case, no one in Flint could afford a Kangen machine. Kangen is an expensive multi-level marketing scam.
+10 to this.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:03 pm

Recipe for alkaline water: add a small amount of bicarbonate of soda to tap water.
Not too much, or you get "the runs".
Baking soda is good for so many things; and at pennies a pound, a little goes a long way.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 pm

ButtermilkBuoy wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:I wonder just how proper hydration has been from the tap for the people of Flint Michigan? Were these people just suckers or actually really just stupid machines for believing they could get proper hydration from tap water?

I fixed your quote of "part" of what I actually wrote (whether you intentionally tried to take my words out of context or not) .... hope that is ok.

If you are implying that I am trying to push Kangen machines (to the people of Flint or anybody else) ... you misunderstood pretty much everything I said. But that's ok .... I'm sure it happens all the time.

As for stomach acids ... the secretion of gastric acids (yes, it's more than just HCl) are neutralized with pancreatic bicarbonate secretions ... and it's much more complex than what you have implied because there are also numerous enzymes that play their roll too. And cellular biochemistry is much more complicated than even that too (which is where the supposed health benefits of alkalinity make a difference). Did you know that you can make your blood pH alkaline just by doing simple deep breathing exercises for 5 to 10 minutes and thus increase your blood oxygen capacity? -- no alkaline water or foods required.

In any case, I'm not trying to push any Kangen machines nor am I buying any ... be they scam or not. I do think everyone has a right to buy whatever they want regardless of what other people think. Anyway ... I'm still not sure why you quoted me or what your point was about my original post.

Take care!

Oh ... and yes. I live in one of those cities with above average municipal water pH. But like I said in the part of my quote that you conveniently left out ... I don't drink tap water if I don't have to because I drink filtered and/or distilled water whenever I can.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Marillion wrote:
ButtermilkBuoy wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:I wonder just how proper hydration has been from the tap for the people of Flint Michigan? Were these people just suckers or actually really just stupid machines for believing they could get proper hydration from tap water?[/quote ]

+10 to this.
Sorry but ButtermilkBuoy misquoted me. I only stated the first two questions ... the rest were attributed to me in quote but I never said such things.

+10 thanks for the +10 votes nonetheless ....