List of BIPAP machines with Backup rate?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Re: List of BIPAP machines with Backup rate?

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:08 pm

palerider wrote:oh, I figure I'm safe as long as they let assholes post crap anonymously...
well folks there is a pr example of the low self-esteem now. Prob ran out of meds too, but they don't seem to help anyway.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Guest wrote:
palerider wrote:oh, I figure I'm safe as long as they let assholes post crap anonymously...
well folks there is a pr example of the low self-esteem now. Prob ran out of meds too, but they don't seem to help anyway.
if I ever become so low that I can't even sign and stand behind my words, I'll see if I can get some of what you're supposed to be taking... though, on second thought, it's not working for you.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

cnaumann

Post by cnaumann » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:49 pm

Palerider once again wrote:
cnaumann wrote: Obviously, it is the iVAPs feature that is would be prescribed for the COPD and Obesity hypoventilation, not the S/T feature only. So I am not the only one 'confused.'
not according to the titration guide, which I suggest you get a copy of it and read through it yourself, instead of my quoting bits:
http://www.resmed.com/assets/documents/ ... lo_eng.pdf

jds has posted a link to the prs1 titration guide, though I haven't read it, it might help answer some questions you have about the prs1 line and what machine is suggested for what condition.
Palerider, this is what I found in the titration guide in the link your provided:
»S/T (Spontaneous/Timed) – Augments any breaths initiated by the patient,
but will also supply additional breaths if the breath rate falls below the clinician’s
set “backup” respiratory rate

» iVAPS – Treats hypercapnic respiratory insufficiency, including obesity hypoventilation,
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, neuromuscular disease and restrictive conditions

Thanks for the link, but I am not even sure what we are arguing about.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:46 pm

cnaumann wrote: Palerider, this is what I found in the titration guide in the link your provided:
»S/T (Spontaneous/Timed) – Augments any breaths initiated by the patient,
but will also supply additional breaths if the breath rate falls below the clinician’s
set “backup” respiratory rate

» iVAPS – Treats hypercapnic respiratory insufficiency, including obesity hypoventilation,
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, neuromuscular disease and restrictive conditions

Thanks for the link, but I am not even sure what we are arguing about.
I didn't think we were arguing.... I was just trying to answer questions you had, I'm sorry if you felt it was an argument.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:19 pm

For those who aren't aware the below is from a thread titled "Open Apology" wherein pr felt he was being subject to personal attacks and called for his bud to vouch for him...

jedimark wrote:It's a fact of life some of us here are more raw, blunt, different, have lower crap tolerances or are more short tempered than others...
So it's ok for you & him to be blunt but not for others? Hypocritical to say the least.

You are loosing respect here. First you say this...
jedimark wrote:Anyway, the bottom line, if y'all can't say something nice about someone, do us all a favour, and don't say anything at all..

and this...
jedimark wrote:I do not believe this kind of personal attack *CRAP* deserves any place in the CPAPTalk community.

Then go on with your own personal attack. Is that a bit of what you are? Hypocritical.
jedimark wrote:Please stop posting like an "anonymous coward" and tie a username to that angst of yours so those of us who find your personality particularly grating can appropriately deal with you!

What I use for a username has nothing to do with his behavior and suggesting it does is not going to help him.

What I got out of this you are saying it is ok for you and palerider to attack and insult others but not ok for others to point out what you are doing.
But I want to point out this quote from his bud...
jedimark wrote:Anyway, the bottom line, if y'all can't say something nice about someone, do us all a favour, and don't say anything at all..
as you can pr doesn't have to follow that advice.

ShaneRRT

Post by ShaneRRT » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:35 pm

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person with this opinion. Thanks for the kind words that you others have offered.

Cheers!

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:43 pm

ShaneRRT wrote:I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person with this opinion. Thanks for the kind words that you others have offered.

Cheers!
You are welcome....stick around, you can add some balance to the forum.

Lazer1234

Post by Lazer1234 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:49 pm

I like Pale Rider, he is interested and knowledgeable and want to help. ShaneRRt will not last long on this forum, I think.

Everything I write I translate through Google Translate.
Hope you have patience with that, sometimes it can get a little crazy.
/Lazer1234

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:51 pm

Lazer1234 wrote:I like Pale Rider, he is interested and knowledgeable and want to help. ShaneRRt will not last long on this forum, I think.
he might, I hope he sticks around and offers help and knowledge, though a little thicker skin would probably make it more comfortable for him.

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:16 pm

I too enjoy paleriders input. His bedside manner may not be the greatest. But he is always trying to help. He was of great help to me in understanding flow limitations.

Dave

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:39 am

Denial Dave wrote:I too enjoy paleriders input.
awesome, what was it again, 20$ for you and 150 kroner for lazer1234 for saying something nice about me in public and risking the wrath and ridicule of the unwanted guest... I'll get that paypal'd to you right away

e: damnit, that was supposed to be a PM!!! curses! foiled again!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:23 am

palerider wrote:risking the wrath and ridicule of the unwanted guest.
Ya know I have helped many people here, does that mean I can be rude and bully people just cuz I helped someone? I think not.
I think it says something about the character of those who think vouching for someone like pr is a good idea.

Did I tell you the story about treating people the way they treat me? I am sure I did - and how they don't like it. You don't seem to learn,

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:31 am

Even the OP started a new thread bc of the bs here. pr can you take the hint?

M'ohms

Post by M'ohms » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:18 pm

I appreciate PR's comments too. It seems like some people are just laying for PR to say something so they can blast him. Trouble seems to come with the reactions to anything he says. I think he has been quite helpful in this thread, as he is in others.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:29 pm

M'ohms wrote:I appreciate PR's comments too. It seems like some people are just laying for PR to say something so they can blast him. Trouble seems to come with the reactions to anything he says. I think he has been quite helpful in this thread, as he is in others.
Thank you, m'lady, you are gracious and kind, and I've read and admired many useful things that you've posted in the past. your modification on the venting of your mask is quite clever!