Sleep ASV titration done on different maching

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Sleep ASV titration done on different maching

Post by palerider » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:57 pm

seajay wrote:Does anyone know why the card is not collecting any info or what "sleep mapper" means. I read my numbers to an RT and he said they were fine but I like seeing the graphs! SleepyHead
would not download on this Computer as it is a #7 and 64 bit.

Seajay
sleepyhead works just fine on windows 7 64bit.

pay attention to details on the download page.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:24 pm

SleepyHead works great on a Windows 7, 64 bit computer, that's what I'm using.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

seajay

Post by seajay » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks for the comments on the Sleepy head software. I'll try again but it doesn't do any good if my machine is not collecting data on the card! The DME has promised to send a new card. I won't hold my breath.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:29 pm

What makes you think it isn't writing to the SD card?
You can use any generic SD card...doesn't have to be name brand.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sawinglogz

Post by sawinglogz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:24 am

Um, you can't really have auto-stop on an ASV. The whole point of an ASV is to make you breathe when you stop breathing. If it stopped blowing when you stopped breathing, well, you wouldn't have an ASV.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:47 am

sawinglogz wrote:Um, you can't really have auto-stop on an ASV. The whole point of an ASV is to make you breathe when you stop breathing. If it stopped blowing when you stopped breathing, well, you wouldn't have an ASV.
resmed indicates their disagreement with your opinion by placing the smartstart feature on their asv machines.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

mossytreesprite

Post by mossytreesprite » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:36 pm

I'm surprised that you were told that you have to use the same type of machine that you used in your titration study. I'm not entirely sure which machine they used when they titrated my ASV - it was a big-ish white thing - but they started me on the Respironics ASV and then moved me to the ResMed. I can't say I had bad results with the Respironics machine, but after starting the ResMed Adapt all I can say is "wow"! I actually feel human again and the fog has lifted. What I like about it the most is that I don't wake up during the night. Like, at all! With the respironics ASV, I woke up numerous times being pummelled wih pressure and had to push the "ramp" button. I did like that button, and I was worried about not having it with the ResMed Adapt at first, but now that I see that I don't even have to go through waking up at all in the first place, I'm pretty thrilled.
Anyway, my point is that I believe you do have the power to choose the type of machine you use. I know that some people respond better to the respironics asv, that just hasn't been the case for me - but if you are having better results with Respironics, then by all means, stick with it, but if not, be a squeaky wheel and get a ResMed back. Good luck!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:54 pm

mossytreesprite wrote: I can't say I had bad results with the Respironics machine, but after starting the ResMed Adapt all I can say is "wow"! I actually feel human again and the fog has lifted.
I thought you'd like it

seajay

Post by seajay » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Pugsy wrote:What makes you think it isn't writing to the SD card?
You can use any generic SD card...doesn't have to be name brand.
Pugsy...My card kept reading 100% available. The DME sent me a new one and when I put it in, it went to 96% but has not moved since. It says "card is unlocked". Should it be?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:24 pm

seajay wrote:Pugsy...My card kept reading 100% available. The DME sent me a new one and when I put it in, it went to 96% but has not moved since. It says "card is unlocked". Should it be?
Yes, the card needs to be unlocked for the machine to write the data files to the SD card.
It takes a lot of data to move the "available" percentage on the SD card. If you are wondering if new daily files are going onto the SD card just go into the SD card and look in the P Series folder for the P (serial number of your machine) folder and then into the P0 folder and look down at the bottom for the most recent modified date file.
The date modified will correspond to the prior night because finalization of the file to close it out would happen in the morning when you turn the machine off.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Nooblakahn

Post by Nooblakahn » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:30 pm

You don't have to use the same machine they Titrated you with for ASV. They used a resperonics on me.. but I have a resmed. The titration with the resperonics my AHI was still high, its usually under 1 with the resmed. From what I understand.. the resmed has less dial in and figures out your needs on its own more. The resperonics takes longer to get it right... but can be tweaked more to suit your needs than the resmed does. They did have to convert my script from resperonics, to what the resmed wanted.

“I wonder if I've been changed in the night. Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different."
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

seajay

Post by seajay » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:09 pm

Thanks Pugsy. Have a great night!