O.T....laser hair removal ideas request

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lytepole

Re: O.T....laser hair removal ideas request

Post by lytepole » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:33 pm

I've done laser hair removal on my underarms by a medispa.... I would say it was about 85% effective - not as good as I had hoped for, and I probably should go back for "touch ups", but haven't. Laser was a little bit painful, but definitely worth it. I wouldn't try it at home, personally. They had several different lasers to use and changed lasers based on my results from the previous session. I'm guessing you can't get that from a home unit. We always have some great Groupons or other coupon deals at the well known laser hair removal clinics in our town that make it not as bad to do it professionally.

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:01 pm

I'm Just thinking off the top of my head. What about going to a dermatologist about this? Since they deal with skin issues. I have many tabs on my neck I really should have them professionally removed. It makes me feel older.

As for the armpits, I have probably about 10 on each armpit. I really don't care that some are noticicable. I'm not going to bring out the razor just for a few little black years. It's just my opinion.

To me, the best idea of all: People of a profession know others who know others of the same profession. IreneD, you live in Ohau. Pugsy, you live in Missouri. IreeneD, perhaps you can talk to the person at the salon who is highly recommended. Perhaps he can get referrals from those he knows with in his circle. They can either give a recommendation or direct to a website. Then, just relay information to Pugsy.

Starlette

jencat824

Post by jencat824 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:24 pm

In defense of my poor, misunderstood NoNo, it works best on legs with dark hair. I use it on my legs about every 8 weeks or so & it keeps me pretty decent for the summer months. During the winter...well I get lazy & its kinda hit or miss. It does work on the principle of burning the hair below the surface, so it does smell like burnt hair.

NoNo DOES NOT work at all on facial hair, at least not in my experience. I too have those annoying black chin hairs & am tired of tweezers. If you do buy the Tria, let us know if it works. If you go the salon route I'd love to know how that works too. I'm tired of tweezers, but am still too vain to go around with little black chin hairs. Not to mention the ones appearing on my upper lip now too.

Jen

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

magentapolkadots

Post by magentapolkadots » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:21 pm

I have a Tria laser- it's a smaller overall size than the 4X (available from QVC) but the actual laser portion is the same size. I think the extra bulk on the bigger ones may be due to the battery as mine only holds a charge for 15 minutes. That hasn't been a problem though because doing my chin/lip area takes me less than 5 min. As for results, I am very pleased. I noticed a reduction in the number of hairs after only 2 treatments at home. I'm down to 2 very stubborn hairs 4 months into home treatments. They do take longer to grow back than they used to though. I am hoping to be completely rid of them eventually, but even if they don't go away, I am still very happy. I went from about 10-15 hairs scattered about to 2 that I know exactly where to find, so I'm happy. The one down side I would say is that you can't tweeze between treatments, have to shave.

I would not want to do it myself for larger areas, but for just my chin it has been perfect.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:43 pm

magentapolkadots wrote:I have a Tria laser- it's a smaller overall size than the 4X (available from QVC) but the actual laser portion is the same size. I think the extra bulk on the bigger ones may be due to the battery as mine only holds a charge for 15 minutes. That hasn't been a problem though because doing my chin/lip area takes me less than 5 min. As for results, I am very pleased. I noticed a reduction in the number of hairs after only 2 treatments at home. I'm down to 2 very stubborn hairs 4 months into home treatments. They do take longer to grow back than they used to though. I am hoping to be completely rid of them eventually, but even if they don't go away, I am still very happy. I went from about 10-15 hairs scattered about to 2 that I know exactly where to find, so I'm happy. The one down side I would say is that you can't tweeze between treatments, have to shave.

I would not want to do it myself for larger areas, but for just my chin it has been perfect.
Ah....that is what I was needing to hear. Direct experience.
I just have some chin and upper lip hairs....could I get by with an older smaller version that is less costly?
I have no desire to do my legs or arm pits or anything like that.

For those wondering about going in and having the "pros" do it. Crap, that stuff is expensive and not counting the gas for the one hour drive one way. 2 treatments for the upper lip and chin would pay for the Tria 4X...but I could buy a package deal and prepay for 6 treatments for each area totaling around $2,000. OUCH.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

IreneN

Post by IreneN » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Pugsy wrote:
For those wondering about going in and having the "pros" do it. Crap, that stuff is expensive and not counting the gas for the one hour drive one way. <snip, snip> ...but I could buy a package deal and prepay for 6 treatments for each area totaling around $2,000. OUCH.
Well, my package deal was about $300, and I could have negotiated down, I'll bet. It's an hour for me too, but I did other business at the same time out there, so that part was a wash for me.

As Starlette suggested, I'd be happy to talk to my guy to see if he has a referral. Hawaii is kind of insular and not so very well "connected" to the mainland, so I'm not sure he'll know anybody, but it sure doesn't hurt to ask.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Thanks everyone.
I have made a decision and I will buy a home DIY laser removal. Not the real expensive Tria 4X but a smaller Tria unit design for small areas with a smaller price tag.
I plan to purchase it from a place that has an unconditional 90 day return policy that I have bought from in the past and know they don't quibble about returns. I should know by that time frame if it is doing what I am wanting it to do.
I will let you know how it works out.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

IreneN

Post by IreneN » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:05 am

Pugsy wrote:Thanks everyone.
I have made a decision and I will buy a home DIY laser removal. Not the real expensive Tria 4X but a smaller Tria unit design for small areas with a smaller price tag.
I plan to purchase it from a place that has an unconditional 90 day return policy that I have bought from in the past and know they don't quibble about returns. I should know by that time frame if it is doing what I am wanting it to do.
I will let you know how it works out.
Any updates? Have been wondering how this worked out for you.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:06 am

No real updates. I just got the device 2 days ago.
Too soon to expect any results. Just did the full treatment area yesterday.
It kinda stings on the highest setting but not intolerable. It's doubtful that it will be used on hubby's ear hairs I can't catch him after giving him a little zap on the forearm so he could see if it hurt or not.
It's a bit hard to describe but it sort of is hot and stings at the same time. It also sort of accumulates...first zap isn't so bad but you get tired of it after a little bit.
Sort of like when I got my tattoo....you get tired of the stinging and feels worse at the end than it did at the beginning.
Not horrible pain though...just annoying.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:40 am

Pugsy wrote: Sort of like when I got my tattoo...
tattoo?

we've got two tattoo'd ladies now? this could get confusing!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

msla

Post by msla » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:56 am

The ones growing on my ears are annoying because they are too short for a creative comb-over.

ResMed S9 Auto set/Heated humidifier/AirFit N30i
diagnosed and began CPAP treatment 2003.

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Pugsy, if you feel that annoying pain, the machine is very promising to me it means that thing is working because when I had treatments with laser for sun spots on the face it sting at each zap ouch !

For your hubby ears I understand him

Waiting for the news.

Rosie