To Pugsy, with remorse.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: To Pugsy, with remorse.

Post by palerider » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Julie wrote:Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
yes, you're right, even if those opinions would be best used as fertilizer.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:25 am

palerider wrote:we could keep nattering on about how long this thread has gone on until we get it bumped up to 7 pages!!!
Palerider, It finally happened. Want to go for 10?

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:47 am

Sheriff Buford wrote:
Sir NoddinOff wrote:However, I'm always relieved to see that she has never found huge blunders in my replies,
Wish I could say that !! Pugs has threaten to come to Texas to whip my butt on more than a few occasions!

Sheriff
She has talked to you roughly before. I still remember her words when she spoke to you saying something like "OK Sherrif, time to put your hands up against the wall...."

I still chuckle over this. I tried to do a search but I could not find it.

Starlette

Re: To Pugsy

Post by Starlette » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:26 am

Sclark08 wrote:Most of you that post regularly EXCEPT PUGSY are a bunch of narcissists. None of you are professional medical people.
I take this as a rather high compliment! Yes, we are not professional medical people. That is what makes this forum so special and unique to me. Serval years ago, I purchased another CPAP machine. When I went into the DME to receive my new Auto-CPAP, they had asked me if I wanted any additional advice. So naturally I said yes because it is an auto. As it turned out that 5 to 10 minute conversation costed me $75! No kidding. Also, coming from someone that really doesn't give a fat rats behind as to whether I succeed or not in my therapy.

That is what I so appreciate about this Forum. We do care! Not only do we care, a lot of the advice is coming from users that Have succeeded in their therapy and the use of the equipment that they are using. Unlike a professional who probably does not have sleep apnea at all. People who post on this forum have this great insight (many of us do) due to our pitfalls and victories, that we share those experiences in the.Form of a post hoping that OP will take our advice and reach sleep Nirvana sooner than most of us who had to learn the hard way and through a lot of posting.

So yes, we are not medical professionals. Thank you for the compliment!

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:35 am

49er wrote:
Sludge wrote:Looks like KC is coming back in a big way....
You got that right. Rooting big time for KC since I always root for the underdogs unless my team is involved which unfortunately is not the case thanks to the Giants. Another reason to root for KC.
Well that turned around in a hurry!

And with Bumgarner tonite, looks like a whole different ballgame (literally)!
You Kids Have Fun!!

49er

Post by 49er » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:15 am

Sludge wrote:
49er wrote:
Sludge wrote:Looks like KC is coming back in a big way....
You got that right. Rooting big time for KC since I always root for the underdogs unless my team is involved which unfortunately is not the case thanks to the Giants. Another reason to root for KC.
Well that turned around in a hurry!

And with Bumgarner tonite, looks like a whole different ballgame (literally)!
God, I felt like I had seen this movie before with the Giants regarding the excellent way they play situational baseball and don't over-swing at pitches. Sheesh.

49er

49er

Post by 49er » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:33 am

Starlette wrote:Do I foresee an upcoming page 10? Good gravy, I certainly hope not
Well, since Sludge and I are talking about the World Series, it could go up to 20 if KC loses.

Anyway, Starette, where are your cookies and milk for the participants? Maybe a shot of some serotonin from the carbs would calm people down who need this tonic.

49er

Re: To Pugsy

Post by 49er » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:39 am

Exactly Starlette. If it wasn't for this forum, I would be a totally clueless newbie going to my upcoming sleep study. Thanks to you all, I know exactly what questions to ask.

49er

PS - Did want to give props to sleepstar, a sleep tech, who was generous to respond to some questions I had via PM.
Starlette wrote:
Sclark08 wrote:Most of you that post regularly EXCEPT PUGSY are a bunch of narcissists. None of you are professional medical people.
I take this as a rather high compliment! Yes, we are not professional medical people. That is what makes this forum so special and unique to me. Serval years ago, I purchased another CPAP machine. When I went into the DME to receive my new Auto-CPAP, they had asked me if I wanted any additional advice. So naturally I said yes because it is an auto. As it turned out that 5 to 10 minute conversation costed me $75! No kidding. Also, coming from someone that really doesn't give a fat rats behind as to whether I succeed or not in my therapy.

That is what I so appreciate about this Forum. We do care! Not only do we care, a lot of the advice is coming from users that Have succeeded in their therapy and the use of the equipment that they are using. Unlike a professional who probably does not have sleep apnea at all. People who post on this forum have this great insight (many of us do) due to our pitfalls and victories, that we share those experiences in the.Form of a post hoping that OP will take our advice and reach sleep Nirvana sooner than most of us who had to learn the hard way and through a lot of posting.

So yes, we are not medical professionals. Thank you for the compliment!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:36 am

Starlette wrote:
palerider wrote:we could keep nattering on about how long this thread has gone on until we get it bumped up to 7 pages!!!
Palerider, It finally happened. Want to go for 10?
I wonder what the longest thread on the board is, and whether this one could take the title

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:39 am

49er wrote:Anyway, Starette, where are your cookies and milk for the participants? Maybe a shot of some serotonin from the carbs would calm people down who need this tonic.
ohhhh cookies!!!! excellent idea.

CowFish

Post by CowFish » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:03 pm

palerider wrote:
I wonder what the longest thread on the board is, and whether this one could take the title

Not even close.

My favorite,
I have found a lot. But no good one yet.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:11 pm

CowFish wrote:
palerider wrote:
Not even close.

My favorite,
I have found a lot. But no good one yet.
oh myyyyy!

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:21 pm

I really didn't follow that thread back then (for obvious reasons), but glanced through it a little bit ago.......and wondered what happened to so many of those folks who posted in that one.

I remember some threads that went for 20 - 30-some pages, but that one has to be the longest on the forum.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:47 pm

Neg, the longest one (based on replies) was

viewtopic/t51063/CompSA-Hypoventilation ... nsion.html

and was mostly composed of pertinent material.

Ahhh, those were the days....

Oh well, back to the woodpile.
You Kids Have Fun!!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:50 pm

well, I don't see this bit of silly diversion hitting 75 pages... even if starlette brings in cookies!