To Pugsy, with remorse.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: To Pugsy

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:06 pm

codinqueen wrote:RIIINNNGGGG!!!! I am ringing the bell now. The fight is over. People come here seeking advice, not to read public lashings. Come on you two, kiss and make up now. Sometimes two or three different ways to say the same thing, from multiple people posting, helps to answer a question better. Please go back to posting answers to questions. That is why we are here, to help each other, remember?
I don't think there was a fight, I think that someone was feeling hurt, and expressed it, and hopefully, now, is less hurt.

at least, I hope that's the outcome.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:59 am

Julie I think you want to be a star eh? How juvenile can you be.

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:42 am

Julie,

I am saddened you felt the need to take this public. Anyway, maybe sharing some of my experiences and thoughts will be helpful.

Many times, it seems when I have posted something, someone (not just Pugsy) will follow me and it seems like they say the same thing. Initially, I will have the same thoughts as you but then I realize that I am the one with the problem as I am being insecure for some reason and I simply have to get over it. It is also a good opportunity for me if I chose to take it and I admittedly don't always to read what was said to see perhaps if the next time the opportunity presents itself, if I could say something better.

As someone previously said in this thread, when we post, it is about helping the person who asked the initial question. And that is all we should be thinking about.

Finally, I want to echo what was said about Pugsy. A few months ago, due to stupidity, I got a deep cut in my foot and was in a panic wondering if it needed immediate attention or not. Pugsy very patiently did some troubleshooting via PM and to make a long story short, my foot ended up healing just fine without any problems. That is just the tip of iceberg as far as what we have covered via PM.

And it goes without saying, how grateful I am for her posts and extreme dedication on this board. I also appreciate your posts too and hope you don't stop.

49er

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:58 am

Most of you that post regularly EXCEPT PUGSY are a bunch of narcissists. None of you are professional medical people. When you give advice you demean and make people asking for advice feel stupid and unfit to converse on this sight. I speak from personal experience. Just the fact Julie brought this up is case in point.
I have moved on to other sights to learn as much as I can about my affliction. Best of luck to all and remember to try and understand how hard it is for some people to ask for help

M'ohms

Post by M'ohms » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:06 am

If I have said something that someone repeats, I feel reinforced in my thinking. I realize that I'm actually learning and "getting it" when this happens. I know from personal experience that, even if someone explains something once, it may not make sense. But if it is said again (and again) in slightly different ways, then the lightbulb finally goes off. Different people relate to different explanations. For the record, Julie, I think you are a valuable contributor here and I've learned a lot from you. I hope this will continue.

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:13 am

M'ohms wrote:If I have said something that someone repeats, I feel reinforced in my thinking. I realize that I'm actually learning and "getting it" when this happens. I know from personal experience that, even if someone explains something once, it may not make sense. But if it is said again (and again) in slightly different ways, then the lightbulb finally goes off. Different people relate to different explanations. For the record, Julie, I think you are a valuable contributor here and I've learned a lot from you. I hope this will continue.
Excellent post M'ohms.

49er

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:48 am

Sclark08 wrote:Most of you that post regularly EXCEPT PUGSY are a bunch of narcissists.
Catholic, actually.
None of you are professional medical people.
I have moved on to other sights to learn as much as I can about my affliction. Best of luck to all and remember to try and understand how hard it is for some people to ask for help
Yeah, me too. Let's go back to the "other" board.
You Kids Have Fun!!

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:01 am

Let's go back to the "other" board.
You mean the one I was banned from?

AlabamaAl

Post by AlabamaAl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:43 am

Cant we all just get along?? .... Dont taze me bro!

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:26 am

Well, thank you to those who've been willing to at least hear what I said without slamming me for it. As I said (S. Clarke) it was about a lot more than the one note I ref'd, and there have been PM's sent in the past about this and other issues, so I didn't just 'go for it' over that note which was really more like a last straw, though I should have looked at the timing.

What I do think is that I've been here for too long, going over the same stuff with the same people for years, and it's time to find other things to spend some time on. I'll probably lurk for a while, maybe come back sometime, but maybe we all need a rest from my nonsense (gotta call it something!) for now.

Anyway... good luck with your Cpap, etc. and have fun here.

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:36 am

old motto at work "never ever miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut"

SAFTK--- Step Away From the Keyboard

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

aGuest

Post by aGuest » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:45 am

Sclark08 wrote:Julie I think you want to be a star eh? How juvenile can you be.
Sclark08 wrote:Most of you that post regularly EXCEPT PUGSY are a bunch of narcissists. None of you are professional medical people. When you give advice you demean and make people asking for advice feel stupid and unfit to converse on this sight. I speak from personal experience. Just the fact Julie brought this up is case in point.
well, aren't you just the most pathetic shriveled up old shrew? besides being stupid, you're nasty and hateful! congratulations, what a trifecta!

yes, please go on to other 'sights' (sic) and don't darken this site with your nastyness again, I'm sure we'd all be appreciative. see if you can't pick up a dictionary while you're at it, you'll appear less stupid.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:40 am

Sclark08 wrote:Most of you that post regularly EXCEPT PUGSY are a bunch of narcissists.
Didn't know you felt that way about me.... starting to hurt my feelings.... *sniff*

Sheriff

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:50 am

Now I feel a but slighted myself. Sad frog.
I don't even feel like hopping.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:03 am

chunkyfrog wrote:Now I feel a but slighted myself. Sad frog.
I don't even feel like hopping.
I think that most intelligent users of this forum have forum have figured out how much credibility to assign to sclark08... ie, none.

so, be a happy frog and please keep hoppin!!!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.