Who else has pressure ranging from 21 to 25?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Who else has pressure ranging from 21 to 25?

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:17 am

We don't know when the AirCurve (ResMed's bilevel) machine are going to be released. We read "October'" but October is almost gone. It might be tomorrow (they never give us much warning)...might be next week..might be next month...might even be next year but I doubt it. I chatted with someone last week who has access to ResMed and he called and was told "don't know yet"

I already answered Steve's very same questions in a private message several hours prior to his posting here. I guess he wasn't satisfied with my response. Sigh....

Ogeo...
Steve does this a lot...tacks on his questions in someone else's thread. He knows better and he knows how to start a new topic also. It's just what he does. Same questions over and over again.

Also...the Optilife...that headgear is a big pain in the butt unless you have a large head. It doesn't reduce down well for a smaller head and that chin thingy isn't to keep the mouth shut at all..it's to stabilize the mask and it does a poor job of it because it's difficult to get it just right. If the Nuance Pro is blowing out your nose...I don't see the Optilife being much different but if you want to try it...make sure you can return it or swap it out. Of all the nasal pillows I have tried it is probably down near the bottom of the preference list because of the headgear...the pillows are nice but the headgear leaves a lot to be desired IMHO.
Should you by chance try it and it's THE magic one...let me know as I have a boat load of nasal pillows for it (not all sizes though) that really need to find a new home..all new and unused.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:25 am

Nasal pillows shouldn't enlarge the nostrils. Remember only the tip of the inner cone goes into the nostril and the rest of it should just sit gently against the nostrils...should not be any "stretching"..
I have been using nothing but nasal pillows for over 5 years now and I can still wear an XSmall in the mask I first started therapy with...the Swift LT as well as it's cousin the Swift FX nasal pillow. Nostrils haven't gotten bigger.

The Aloha nasal pillow mask from F & P is similar in construction to the Swift LT and personally found it to be a little less intrusive on my face. Nice little mask..I don't remember the pressure rating for it though. It might be a little more stable than the Nuance...I don't know as it has been quite a while since I used the Aloha and I can't remember well enough to compare it to the Nuance.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:42 am

ogeo,

One can learn and in the mean time, there are nose clips.
Think about what happens when you blow up a balloon. You are able to close the nasal passages and keep the pressure only in your mouth.

I have a long post on my experiences with this mask - link in my signature block.
Its the only mask I can tolerate because of claustrophobia issues - so I made it work.
I'll be glad to try and help if you can't make any of the nasal masks work.

Nasal masks really are better for you but if you can't make one work, the Oracle really will handle the pressures. My leak rate (unintentional rate) is nearly zero and my pressures are similar to yours.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:48 am

Pugsy wrote:I already answered Steve's very same questions in a private message several hours prior to his posting here. I guess he wasn't satisfied with my response. Sigh....
don't forget steveo's trolling technique is wasting peoples time by repeatedly rephrasing the same lame quesitons over and over.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jules

Post by jules » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:56 am

Stevo really needs to wait for the S 12 - how else can he torment all the members here (current, past many he drove away, and future ones)?

yeah another 5 or 6 years of hell for the members of cpaptalk cause of one troll

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:32 pm

jules wrote:Stevo really needs to wait for the S 12 - how else can he torment all the members here (current, past many he drove away, and future ones)?

yeah another 5 or 6 years of hell for the members of cpaptalk cause of one troll
careful, he'll say impolite things to you like he does to me

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jules

Post by jules » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:35 pm

palerider wrote:
jules wrote:Stevo really needs to wait for the S 12 - how else can he torment all the members here (current, past many he drove away, and future ones)?

careful, he'll say impolite things to you like he does to me
lol - yeah - he already did years ago so it wouldn't be out of form for him to continue to do so

Stevoreno_55

Post by Stevoreno_55 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:34 pm

palerider wrote:
Pugsy wrote:I already answered Steve's very same questions in a private message several hours prior to his posting here. I guess he wasn't satisfied with my response. Sigh....
don't forget steveo's trolling technique is wasting peoples time by repeatedly rephrasing the same lame quesitons over and over.
Paleface you can drop the cyberbullying crap; Jules too.

jules

Post by jules » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Stevoreno_55 wrote:
palerider wrote:
Paleface you can drop the cyberbullying crap; Jules too.
when will you stop playing games stevo ?

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Stevoreno_55 wrote:Paleface you can drop the cyberbullying crap; Jules too.
callin a stupid troll a stupid troll isn't bullying, it's just a statement of facts.

were you to be an innocent in all this, then it would be bullying.

Snowleopard28

Post by Snowleopard28 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:52 pm

I also have had a terrible time finding a mask because of high pressures. I've tried some of the ones you have but I have the problem of my mouth dropping open when I fall asleep. I've tried chin straps and they don't work. I had some success with the F&P Simplus. The RT that I work with has been told by others that this mask can handle high pressures. I was able to make the Quattro Air for Her to work by taking the headgear from the F&P Simplus and putting on the Quattro Air for Her. I also use Remzzzs liners but have to cut the area that touches my lower jaw in order for the mask to adjust when my mouth falls open. My leaks are very minor even though the machine spends a lot of time breathing for me at night. Here's a pic of my "work".lol

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Jaw drop can be effectively controlled by the use of a soft cervical collar. It supports the jaw without the pull back that some chin straps have.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

Ogeo

Post by Ogeo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Snowleopard28 wrote:I also have had a terrible time finding a mask because of high pressures. I've tried some of the ones you have but I have the problem of my mouth dropping open when I fall asleep. I've tried chin straps and they don't work. I had some success with the F&P Simplus. The RT that I work with has been told by others that this mask can handle high pressures. I was able to make the Quattro Air for Her to work by taking the headgear from the F&P Simplus and putting on the Quattro Air for Her. I also use Remzzzs liners but have to cut the area that touches my lower jaw in order for the mask to adjust when my mouth falls open. My leaks are very minor even though the machine spends a lot of time breathing for me at night. Here's a pic of my "work".lol
I only tried one chin strap from my DME and it had seams that dug into my chin. I hated it. Plus it tended to slide around on my head and become useless. So this is my solution: I went to the local wally store and purchase a special head band that has grips on part of it. I put the pretty part under my chin instead of the way it is suppose to go and the elastic part with grips stays in place on top of my head.

Hubby's equipment: PR System One REMstar Auto A-Flex model 560P. Doctor's orders left it open 5-20. We changed it to 8-20 after a couple nights. Start Date was 1/30/15. Oh, mask is the new nasal pico.

Discovering the world one geocache at a time!

Ogeo

Post by Ogeo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:39 pm

JDS74 wrote:Jaw drop can be effectively controlled by the use of a soft cervical collar. It supports the jaw without the pull back that some chin straps have.
Instead of getting a cervical collar, I opted for a travel neck u-shaped pillow. Instead of using it the way it is intended, I put it so that it fits the side of my neck. One of the legs then tucks under my chin and I can squish it down to make a hole for my mask. It seems to work for me. I still use my regular pillow behind it to support the back of my head. It is actually lots more comfortable than it sounds.

Hubby's equipment: PR System One REMstar Auto A-Flex model 560P. Doctor's orders left it open 5-20. We changed it to 8-20 after a couple nights. Start Date was 1/30/15. Oh, mask is the new nasal pico.

Discovering the world one geocache at a time!

Snowleopard28

Post by Snowleopard28 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Isn't it amazing the invitations that we XPAPer's come up with. I got the headgear switch idea from a poster on this forum. I think I'll try the cervical collar but I've been having a little trouble with air in my stomach because of the high pressures. Will the collar make it worse?