1 month in...what to work on now...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
uvabigm

Re: 1 month in...what to work on now...

Post by uvabigm » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:54 pm

My wife says my snoring is a lot better even when I don't use cpap. Which is really only if I take a quick nap on the weekend.

uvabigm

Post by uvabigm » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:11 am

Changing to APAP with a min of 12 and max of 14 worked great. No sore throat and the snores look a lot better. I'll keep an eye on it this week but it seems like the magic number is 13.5. Any pros/cons to leaving it on APAP 12/14 or changing it back to CPAP 13.5?

For some reason the mask leaks were higher then usual last night. I'll need to work on that.

Thanks for the help.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:21 am

How did you sleep last night?

If it were me I would test out both scenarios...fixed and with a little range...just to see if one way or another was giving me better sleep. Maybe a week at each to see but it doesn't really matter...it's which ever way you want to go.

13.5 is only the 95% number though....that means at OR BELOW that number for 95% of the time and with the pressure probes...very possible that 95% number is a bit skewed to the high side because of the pressure probes (those 1.5 cm spikey things) which are a normal function to cpap .

Should you wish to do fixed cpap mode....maybe make increases in 0.5 cm increments from the 12 until you see the snores and sore throat go away...for sure 13. 5 will do it but you might get by with 13 just as well.
Up to you...it's not a huge leap from 12 to 13.5 anyway.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.