Air leak through ears

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Air leak through ears

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:25 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
mgaggie wrote: pressure reducing ear plugs, they are designed for use on planes.
How do those work?
they're for use in airplanes, where the pressure changes outside your head, and they bleed off the pressure change slowly, instead of the fairly sudden pressure change you get otherwise.

they should be ineffective for cpap, since it's a wholly different thing.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:43 am

this thread keeps bringing visions of the old cartoon characters with steam pouring out their ears, when they got mad

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:53 am

Denial Dave wrote:this thread keeps bringing visions of the old cartoon characters with steam pouring out their ears, when they got mad
that's what I keep seeing in minds eye too!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

andy5805

Post by andy5805 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:04 am

Sam Roofe wrote:I noticed air leaks through ears. Anyone noticed this?
I do not like to use the CPAP machine since I noticed this but still using.
I get this - ear plugs help me a lot (the foam kind ) but they need to be the right size or oversized so they stuff in good, if they're undersized it's almost like wedging a door open and the cold wind bloweth!

weird heads we have ! how the heck does CPAP go through your nose /mouth, into your brain and out of your ears

no don't offer any answers on that one, thinking it through, I really would rather not know any answers! bubbling brain CPAP Juice!

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:57 am

andy5805 wrote:weird heads we have ! how the heck does CPAP go through your nose /mouth, into your brain and out of your ears

no don't offer any answers on that one, thinking it through, I really would rather not know any answers! bubbling brain CPAP Juice!
well, you said you didn't want to know, but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eustachian_tube
it has nothing to do with the brain at all, just a bit of plumbing.