First Night...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: First Night...

Post by palerider » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:16 pm

AEmedic wrote:This should be better...

I haven't figured out how to show more items in the screenshot, but at least this one will be readable.
much more informative

you can resize the charts by gabbing the bar in between them, they don't all need to be so large.

right clicking on the vertical axis on the cart lets you change the scaling, and also what data is displayed.

don't make them too small, but the event flags and snores can be smaller, flow and pressure graphs are good at that size for detail.

your leaks look pretty good, and the pressure is controlling your obstructive events nicely.

hopefully the centrals will calm down over time, as happens to some folks when they're first starting out.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

AEmedic

Post by AEmedic » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:27 am

Here is last night, it looks similar but with less centrals...

Chris

AEmedic

Post by AEmedic » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:53 am

Even with the centrals, it's a far cry from the 29 AHI and the 41 RDI.

I like the fact that it stays at a relatively low pressure most of the night!

Chris

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:56 am

Looks great except for the centrals and if you were asleep during those times they may continue to decrease on their own.
If they aren't real (like if they are SWJ..sleep/wake/junk) they wouldn't be counted.

Do you by chance have an overnight pulse ox to maybe check your oxygen levels during the night?
If those are real centrals..they are ugly enough to maybe cause some oxygen level desats. Can't say for sure..it depends on how long they lasted and how close together they are (and while this view makes them look like they are really close together they probably aren't as close together as we might think) and your general health.

I still wouldn't worry at this point...but I would keep one eye on those centrals.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

AEmedic

Post by AEmedic » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:51 am

Pugsy wrote:Looks great except for the centrals and if you were asleep during those times they may continue to decrease on their own.
If they aren't real (like if they are SWJ..sleep/wake/junk) they wouldn't be counted.

Do you by chance have an overnight pulse ox to maybe check your oxygen levels during the night?
If those are real centrals..they are ugly enough to maybe cause some oxygen level desats. Can't say for sure..it depends on how long they lasted and how close together they are (and while this view makes them look like they are really close together they probably aren't as close together as we might think) and your general health.

I still wouldn't worry at this point...but I would keep one eye on those centrals.
I was not awake during these events, at least not that I know of...

I do not have a pulse oximeter, I kind of wish that I did.

Some of the centrals lasted up to 17 and 18 seconds, so not crazy long.

Here is a view that shows how close they are:

Chris

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:07 am

Those are NOT horrible looking centrals....notice that there is some airflow and not a totally flat line.
The airflow is reduce but there is still some air movement happening.

Give me a few minutes and I will show you some ugly centrals and I think you will see the difference.
Hubby is fixing breakfast for me..and it's ready.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

AEmedic

Post by AEmedic » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:17 am

Pugsy wrote:Those are NOT horrible looking centrals....notice that there is some airflow and not a totally flat line.
The airflow is reduce but there is still some air movement happening.

Give me a few minutes and I will show you some ugly centrals and I think you will see the difference.
Hubby is fixing breakfast for me..and it's ready.
Enjoy your breakfast!

Here is a close-up of the longest one from last night, 17 sec:

Chris

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:39 am

Okay...I couldn't find the one I was thinking of where I had a bunch of centrals back to back but pretend these events are CAs instead of OA. See the totally flat line preceding the OA flag? The same thing can show up on a CA if there is no air moving at all. Your events aren't giving us totally flat, no air movement at all, lines It's almost like the CA is maybe a hyponea flagged mistake to a CA. Or maybe it starts out as hyponea and changes to central.

You know you can get your own overnight pulse ox for less than $100 if this bugs you too much.
You can also probably ask your DME to do one. I doubt that your O2 drops much though unless you have some underlying lung issue.

When you zoom in super close on any event the lines flatten out lot...you have to be zoomed in some but not way close to get an idea of the air flow. Every thing looks flat when zoomed in really, really close...that's why it's often hard to figure out the beginning and ending of an event to measure in seconds.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:23 pm

AEmedic wrote: I do not have a pulse oximeter, I kind of wish that I did.
you can get a very good one, the cms50i for under 100$ from aliexpress.com, though it takes three or four weeks to ship from china. it's wrist mounted, timestamps the recordings and will record multiple sessions.

just search for cms50i on aliexpress.com it imports data directly into sleepyhead 0.9.8-1 or better.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

AEmedic

Post by AEmedic » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:48 pm

palerider wrote:you can get a very good one, the cms50i for under 100$ from aliexpress.com, though it takes three or four weeks to ship from china. it's wrist mounted, timestamps the recordings and will record multiple sessions.

just search for cms50i on aliexpress.com it imports data directly into sleepyhead 0.9.8-1 or better.
Very cool! Thank you for the tip, I 'm going to look into that. If the CAI does not go down I might need to know what my O2 is doing.

Chris