Edit: Wireless XPAP data transfer is here!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Edit: Wireless XPAP data transfer is here!

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:16 pm

Jack_Russel_Fan wrote:Please palerider, all you are doing is confusing squid. Please allow me to support my own program!
well, you know what they say about good deeds.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Jack_Russel_Fan

Post by Jack_Russel_Fan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:12 am

A new version of Sleep Master data transfer software is now available for download at http://sleepmaster.org.

This version makes setting up the wireless connection easier.

Thanks to the people who are trying out the software. Your feedback is appreciated!

If you have a machine you want added to the program compatibility and are willing to send me a zipped copy of your data card,
please PM me!

Tom

Machine: PRS1 760P

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:43 pm

The 16GB wireless card PFW016U-1BCW arrived today while I was at work. I had given the 8gb card that I originally got to my Son-in-law to play with on his cameras before this was released though I don't know if it would have been supported anyway.

I will try playing with it on my S9 VPAP Auto BiLevel Machine either tonight or most likely tomorrow night and the weekend. Thar be football to night so chances are that this will be tomorrow.

I can provide zipped copies of the S9 data if you need it before hand or during the tests.

Desktop and S9 are within 4ft of each other so distance wont be an issue.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Uncle Flapp

Post by Uncle Flapp » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:40 pm

Does anyone know if the Toshiba FlashAir can join an existing wireless network? I would like to use my WAP as a bridge and transfer the files to my main PC over Ethernet.

Thanks for the help!

- Flappy

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:27 pm

Uncle Flapp wrote:Does anyone know if the Toshiba FlashAir can join an existing wireless network? I would like to use my WAP as a bridge and transfer the files to my main PC over Ethernet.
yes, you just have to put it into the right mode, and give it the config for your existing network. (all are done via the config file....

the last time I tried to offer more specific info, jack_russel_fan bit me...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Uncle Flapp

Post by Uncle Flapp » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:56 pm

Took some doing but I was able to get it on the WLAN, thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to nab the files...

Uncle Flapp

Post by Uncle Flapp » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:19 pm

Looks like some luck is finally with me on this one. I was able to get the FlashAir talking to my WiFi and access the necessary files over the LAN from a hard-wired PC. Forgive me if this has been discussed before but there are a few observations I would like to share:
  • The PRS1 960 reports only 18% available free space on the Toshiba FlashAir 16GB SSD compared to 97% free on the 2GB factory card. Free space remained the same even after copying over 9 months of data so I suspect my 960 is just not reporting accurately. I tried formatting the SSD with different partition sizes but it didn't help.
  • It seems there are two sets of files necessary to download (from the PRS1) to get the latest data into SleepyHead: P-Series\[serial#]\Properties.txt (profile config); and P-Series\[serial#]\p#\0000000###.00# (data). Fortunately, the FlashAir allows web browsers to sort files by date so it is easy to see those that are most recent. Free Download Manager allows you to highlight, right-click, and download multiple files in bulk. Here is a screenshot of how the files look on my card. The folder p3 houses the latest data:
  • [url=http://s946.photobucket.com/user/wcohenaz/media/Capture_zps32c433c6.png.html][img]http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad309/wcohenaz/Capture_zps32c433c6.png[/img][/url]
This solution is not nearly as elegant as jack_russel_fan's Sleep Master but does seem to be viable when there is a need to use Wi-Fi mode. I'll be doing the first live data pull tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.

- Flappy

Jack_Russel_Fan

Post by Jack_Russel_Fan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:19 am

For those interested, I just posted v2.0.0.97 of Sleep Master to sleepmaster.org with a new feature allowing you
to use the Flashair SD card to transfer your data over your existing wireless network (operate the Fashair in "station mode").

Tom

Uncle Flapp

Post by Uncle Flapp » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:28 pm

Works great, thanks! Much better than my manual solution.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:11 pm

Jack_Russel_Fan wrote:For those interested, I just posted v2.0.0.97 of Sleep Master to http://sleepmaster.org with a new feature allowing you
to use the Flashair SD card to transfer your data over your existing wireless network (operate the Fashair in "station mode").
Using 2.0.0.98 that I just downloaded...

This is a great improvement. Eliminate the dance I have had to do for my workstation to work with it (disable ethernet port, enable wifi, use Sleepmaster, disable Wifi, enable ethernet)... Also means I can pull the data from a remote workstation, even from work.

Additional Streamlining suggestions...
  • Asking what drive to copy the data to is redundant. I doubt few will change the location once they have set it. This should be optional after the first time it is set.
  • The popup after you click on Copy Data to Disk to tell you it will be put in the (S9) Resmed directory is also redundant. Once you have done this once, the XPAP software will already know where to look for it. Just another mouse click.
  • The last step seems completely unnecessary. Your program wrote the config file, so why does the user have to find and submit it. Your program should do that automatically since it wrote the file and should know where to find it. Right now it is being saved on the Desktop and then removed after this process.
Other than than the above, the program is very good, easy to use and eliminates the need to ever remove the SDCard to get data. With the new ability to have the card use station mode, it is now part of the existing network rather than it's own separate WiFi network.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Jack_Russel_Fan

Post by Jack_Russel_Fan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:42 am

Many thanks go out to Palerider, UncleFlappy, and Krelvin for their input and suggestions.

Krelvin has done a lot of work helping me to debug and develop for the S9, as I do not have access to one.

Krelvin, I have addressed the first two suggestions you made. The third is a difficult one to address, due to the quirks of the FlashAir cards operating system. Still working on this!

The newest version 2.0.1.1 is available at SleepMaster.org.

Tom

glarnold

Post by glarnold » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:34 am

Many thanks for all the great work going on here. My question - will this work with my PR P750? If not, what data would you need?

Again, many thanks.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:29 am

Jack_Russel_Fan wrote:Many thanks go out to Palerider, UncleFlappy, and Krelvin for their input and suggestions.

Krelvin has done a lot of work helping me to debug and develop for the S9, as I do not have access to one.

Krelvin, I have addressed the first two suggestions you made. The third is a difficult one to address, due to the quirks of the FlashAir cards operating system. Still working on this!

The newest version 2.0.1.1 is available at SleepMaster.org.

Tom
Very nice... less clicks and quick file retrieval. Best part, no card swapping to get data!
Kevin... alias Krelvin

glarnold

Post by glarnold » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:39 am

And one more question - will it work with Windows Vista?

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:41 am

glarnold wrote:Many thanks for all the great work going on here. My question - will this work with my PR P750? If not, what data would you need?

Again, many thanks.
Isn't that the PR System One Model 750 ? If so, his application supports the PRS1 models. Tom would need to confirm but I think the data files for all of the PRS1 models is pretty much the same and once setup, he pulls all of the new files to the local computer. He doesn't actually have to make calculations on them like SleepyHead does.

His features section includes on his web page: http://www.sleepmaster.org

***** Tested to run in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1
***** Has a windows installer. Just extract the file and run setup
***** Automatically connects and disconnects to wireless SD card in AP mode.
***** Can set the SD card to run in station mode on your existing wireless network.
***** Can be uninstalled in "Control Panel - Programs and Features".
***** Will work with PRS1 and S9 data.
***** Configures the wireless card and rewrites the configuration file to the card after transferring data from the S9.
***** Can be set to automatically run your sleep data program after data transfer is complete.
***** Automatic or manual check to see if a newer version is available.
***** Can be set to automatically connect to your selected wireless network after running.
***** Copies your data to the desktop and to your hard drive for easy access.
Kevin... alias Krelvin