Pad-A-Cheek mask liner

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Germgh0st

Pad-A-Cheek mask liner

Post by Germgh0st » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:46 pm

Having suffered with an itchy nose/face and marks on my face from my mask and having seen a lot of good things said on here about Pad-A-Cheek mask liners, I bought one. I waited patiently for it to cross the Atlantic and was very excited yesterday when it arrived and I fitted it straight away.

However last night I suffered problems with leaking, making the mask whistle and disturbing my partner (which I didn't feel too bad about as she's had a CPAP machine since I met her and it has often kept me awake making noises!). I did wonder how the liner would affect the seal of the cushion against my face and it appears that my concerns may have been valid - has anyone else had this issue with the Pad-A-Cheek liners? Did you solve it? Anybody have any ideas how to improve the situation?

Jerk

Re: Pad-A-Cheek mask liner

Post by Jerk » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:54 pm

Did you solve it? Anybody have any ideas how to improve the situation?
Good

Germgh0st

Post by Germgh0st » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:25 pm

I've only just posted this, so no, I haven't solved it....

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:48 am

The liners work miracles for some. For me it also caused leaks.

Sheriff

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Have you tried sending a pm to Karen, who posts here as Pad A Cheek?

Germgh0st

Post by Germgh0st » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:44 pm

RicaLynn wrote:Have you tried sending a pm to Karen, who posts here as Pad A Cheek?
To what end? I'm not sure what she would be able to do about it, her product obviously works for a lot of people just not for me. Just wish I hadn't wasted my money, I ended up having to take it off the mask last night as I simply can't get a seal with it on.

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:56 pm

Germgh0st wrote:
RicaLynn wrote:Have you tried sending a pm to Karen, who posts here as Pad A Cheek?
To what end? I'm not sure what she would be able to do about it, her product obviously works for a lot of people just not for me. Just wish I hadn't wasted my money, I ended up having to take it off the mask last night as I simply can't get a seal with it on.
One would think since she's been selling the product for a while she would know a few tips and tricks to assist her customers in getting the most from her product and being satisfied with their purchase. As with all other things CPAP, it ain't exactly that simple right out of the box. You have nothing to lose by asking the manufacturer for assistance.

mgaggie

Post by mgaggie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:05 am

Germgh0st wrote:
I have the same mask as you and have had better success with the liner than without. Did you follow the instructions?

Germgh0st

Post by Germgh0st » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:53 am

With all due respect it's not exactly a complicated piece of equipment. I fitted it to the mask as per the instructions. It's obviously just not suitable for my combination of face shape and sleeping position.

I see no point bothering Karen as I am using her product as it is designed to be used, it is a simple cover for the mask with no adjustment in itself and one way of fitting. Which is why I posted on here to see if anybody else had a similar experience, I thought better to consult a larger group of people as I would be more likely to find somebody who has a similar experience.

Paralel

Post by Paralel » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:22 am

Huh, I found my liner prevented leaks. I had terrible leaks before using my liner.

49er

Post by 49er » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:51 am

Paralel wrote:Huh, I found my liner prevented leaks. I had terrible leaks before using my liner.
I had the same experience as Germgh0st with both the padacheck and remzzz liners. I don't regret trying them at all since so many people have had success and both places provided outstanding customer service.

It just goes to show that everyone's face is different and that not everyone is going to have the same experience with a product.

mgaggie

Post by mgaggie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:47 pm

This is a bit hard to explain, but I'll try. I found that I needed to trim the hole where my mouth and nose go a bit bigger than needed, as when I put the mask on the liner would pull too 'taut' and then leak.

Hope that makes sense

beautifuldreamer

Post by beautifuldreamer » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Karen from Pad-a-Cheek is very helpful- I encourage you to send her a message
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: Bleep

Germgh0st

Post by Germgh0st » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:33 am

mgaggie wrote:This is a bit hard to explain, but I'll try. I found that I needed to trim the hole where my mouth and nose go a bit bigger than needed, as when I put the mask on the liner would pull too 'taut' and then leak.

Hope that makes sense
It does, because I had to make it bigger as it covered my mouth and, at the start of the night anyway, I breathe through my mouth.
beautifuldreamer wrote:Karen from Pad-a-Cheek is very helpful- I encourage you to send her a message
I am in contact with Karen, she has very kindly offered to refund me however I don't feel there is any need for her to be out of pocket - the shape of my face isn't her fault.
Last edited by Germgh0st on Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

library lady

Post by library lady » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:28 am

Two points I'd like to make:
1) Perhaps you need to play a bit more with your strap adjustment. Do it with the liner on.
2) While Pad-A-Cheek liners did not work for me, it was because the fabric bothered me. I started using RemZzz liners, and you might want to try those. I did find that Pad-A-Cheeks helped control and "quiet" the leaks.

Now, with the RemZzz liners, I rarely have a leak that wakes me. Some leakage will always occur even with a liner, and that's the reality. Straps need to be adjusted just so. Too tight or too loose, mask noises and leaks will be worse. Have you tried the Mask Fit feature of your machine?

Now using AirFit F10 mask; Quattro Air is backup mask. RemZzzz mask liners with both.