New User looking for analysis of Data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: New User looking for analysis of Data

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:26 pm

rotts4u wrote:Also I checked my machine and it appears that 12 is the highest minimum pressure that I can dial up to. So if I raise the pressure it will have to be 12/13 unless there is a setting that will disable the min max options somewhere I didn't notice.
according to the manual, the min pressure on the autoset can be set from 4-max pressure, and max can be from min-20.

did you perhaps have max set to 12?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:41 pm

rotts4u wrote:Ok last night I changed the EPR from 3 to 2 and put the ramp back in for a bit to ease the transition early on. I tried it for a few minutes earlier in the day just for a trial and I felt the difference in exhale pressure or resistance.

So here is the data after one night. Also I checked my machine and it appears that 12 is the highest minimum pressure that I can dial up to. So if I raise the pressure it will have to be 12/13 unless there is a setting that will disable the min max options somewhere I didn't notice.
I really appreciate both sets of input so please feel free to keep commenting. I don't think its a matter of right or wrong perhaps different things work for different people such as myself that sleeps on my back too much !!
Along with PR's comment, which pressure did you try to change first?
You would have to change the maximum pressure before you try to move the minimum pressure to equal it.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:57 pm

The PR S1 machines won't let you increase a minimum until you increase the maximum first when the maximum is equal to the minimum.

I learned that the hard way...with my bilevel auto...spent half a day cussing the new zero hour machine that wouldn't let me set my EPAP higher...it couldn't because the IPAP was lower because I hadn't given PS some room to work..

Change your maximum first and it will allow you to change the minimum so you can continue the 13/13 if that is what you wish to do.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Pugsy wrote:The PR S1 machines won't let you increase a minimum until you increase the maximum first when the maximum is equal to the minimum.
OP seems to have an autoset (it's so seldom I get to catch Pugsy out on something!)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:26 pm

palerider wrote:OP seems to have an autoset (it's so seldom I get to catch Pugsy out on something!)
Damn...that you did...but to be fair...I never said that OP had the PR S1...I only mentioned what one had to do to make that desired change with a PR S1...and that I had that same issue with my PR S1 and my last comment was just..
Change the maximum first and you will be able to change the minimum. I didn't say...change your PR S1 max first....it was generic "change max first".

And that's my story and I am sticking to it. I know you believe every word of it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:27 pm

palerider wrote:
Pugsy wrote:The PR S1 machines won't let you increase a minimum until you increase the maximum first when the maximum is equal to the minimum.
OP seems to have an autoset (it's so seldom I get to catch Pugsy out on something!)
At least I left out the brand in my post.......immediately before hers. I think the principle is the same with either one.

You would have to change the maximum pressure before you try to move the minimum pressure to equal it.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Pugsy wrote:And that's my story and I am sticking to it. I know you believe every word of it.
I believe most near ever'thing you tells me!!! you know I do!

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
palerider wrote:
At least I left out the brand in my post.......immediately before hers. I think the principle is the same with either one.

might be a bit tough for the machine to manage a minimum of 14 and a maximum of 12!

rotts4u

Post by rotts4u » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:47 pm

Last night I changed the EPR back to 3 and then changed the pressure to 12/13. I now found the setting that allows me to make the machine a straight cpap instead of the auto set so I may change it to that setting tonight and try 13/13 if you think that is ok.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:13 pm

rotts4u wrote:Last night I changed the EPR back to 3 and then changed the pressure to 12/13. I now found the setting that allows me to make the machine a straight cpap instead of the auto set so I may change it to that setting tonight and try 13/13 if you think that is ok.
Sounds like a plan to me.

Den

User since 05/14/05

rotts4u

Post by rotts4u » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:15 am

Here is two nights of the data with 13 in cap mode. Still not much improvement. I am trying to sleep more on my side but i keep moving to m back after I go to sleep I think. Not much difference here as I see it. The big leak on the last one was when I got up to go to the bathroom. Any more suggestions to clean it up some more?

ImageImage

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:43 am

I think a couple of options are......Trying to stay on your sides (using a wedge pillow, back pack or tennis balls in a T-shirt) or keep increasing pressures (or maybe both).
Actually, the pressures you've been at are not all that high for straight pressure........yet. Over 16 or 17 would be starting to get into "high" territory.

I also find the "spacing" of your apneas intriguing. With a few exceptions, there's almost a pattern to them. Don't know if that's a clue or not.
If you're seeing the reports for "Flow Limitations", are you seeing many/any in them? They're a potential apnea precursor on which the APAPs trigger pressure increases. If there are few or none of them, there's not much use in using a range of pressures to head off the apneas. Looking at the "summary stats", I don't see much in the way of numbers for them. Same with Snores. So, I don't see any sense in using a range of pressures in that regard.

Den

User since 05/14/05

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am

Flow limitation reporting on the S9 isn't offered in a "number of flow limitations" like Respironics machines.
Instead it is offered in a graph that measures the breath itself and not the number of times it happens...harder to evaluate but in general the more stuff you see the worse it is and the idea is to have minimal anything on the flow limitation graph.

Could you please add a picture of your flow limitation graph for last night?
Statistics are showing maximum of 0.96 and the highest it will go is 1.0 but the 95% number is only 0.26 which isn't horribly high. It's really hard to evaluate just by a number...need to see that Flow limitation graph.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:54 am

Pugsy wrote:Flow limitation reporting on the S9 isn't offered in a "number of flow limitations" like Respironics machines.
Instead it is offered in a graph that measures the breath itself and not the number of times it happens...harder to evaluate but in general the more stuff you see the worse it is and the idea is to have minimal anything on the flow limitation graph.

Could you please add a picture of your flow limitation graph for last night?
Statistics are showing maximum of 0.96 and the highest it will go is 1.0 but the 95% number is only 0.26 which isn't horribly high. It's really hard to evaluate just by a number...need to see that Flow limitation graph.
Thanks Pugsy.

My thoughts exactly.

Den

User since 05/14/05

rotts4u

Post by rotts4u » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Is this what you wanted to see?