Almost new here.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Almost new here.

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Noctuary wrote:nm
if you want help, you have to supply details, like,
what kind of computer it is,
what os it's running,
what version of sleepyhead you're trying to use, (actually, if it's not the latest version, then get that and report any problems you have with that)

and, exactly what you're doing, and exactly what goes wrong.

people can't just guess all these things and guess what you need to do to fix the problem.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:16 pm

I am not sure that SleepyHead will even work with the S9 Escape Auto yet..that might be why it's crashing. T

Get ResScan and use it. I know it works with the S9 Escape Auto.
See this to get more information on how and where to find ResScan.

But no matter which software you use....AHI and pressure is the sum total of what you will get in terms of data and that's available on the LCD screen I think.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:42 pm

I called my CPAP supplier to find out how much I owe on this machine so I can purchase it. I found out that my insurance is paying a limited amount, limited due to I guess my failure on the previous machine to get below an average AHI of 5 (mine was 5.9). However, I also found out, and this is strange, that the machine is now mine, paid for.

So if I was to bump the pressure up on MY machine, is it easy?

Mask: Flexifit 407

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:19 pm

Selfish bump

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Noctuary wrote: So if I was to bump the pressure up on MY machine, is it easy?
yes

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ems

Post by ems » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:33 pm

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... ge-cpa[url][/url]p-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

Noctuary... I hope this helps. And yes, it really is easy.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

ems

Post by ems » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:36 pm

http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

The other link may be broken... try this one.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Noctuary wrote:I found out that my insurance is paying a limited amount,
Bull hockey...insurance companies pay by HCPCS code and the code for your machine is the exact same code as for any other cpap/apap machine. EO601...same code...call up your insurance company and ask them...don't rely on what the DME tells you....they have been known to be less than truthful...big surprise.
They gave you the less costly machine so they could make more profit.
Had nothing to do with your prior cpap failure.

You are going to need to use ResScan to get the limited data you can get from your machine if you want software reports.

How to get into the clinical menu to change things
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:51 am

Ok, its in APAP mode, min 6, max 20. Up from a min of 5. A small change.

My nose is stuffy tonight though.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Well, I still don't feel quite rested, like I just can't get over a hump. Should I go one more centimeter on the pressure?

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:38 am

I've gone from 5 to 7 on the low end; now my range is 7-20 APAP. I still feel today like I just can't get over a hump. I'm better, though than before therapy, much. Last night's AHI was 1.0.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:59 am

You know it just may take some time to get over that hump.

Since you have no choice but to use the machine you could make use of that time by exploring other possible issues that might be affecting things. Getting good restful sleep and feeling decent during the day isn't dependent on the AHI all by itself. There's so much more than just getting a low AHI and low leak. I wish it were that easy.

First try to define what you feel is still lacking in how you feel or want to feel. Is it still daytime sleepiness and a need to nap or is it fatigue or what?
Evaluate your hours of sleep...how many hours are you getting?
Evaluate the quality of those hours.. are you having many awakenings? If so, any idea why?
Evaluate any insomnia issues that might be going on...trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep.
Evaluate general sleep hygiene...are you guilty of any known bad things in terms of good sleep hygiene?
Evaluate any meds as potential sources for side effects that may have a negative impact on how you feel.
Evaluate any general bed comfort things which might be impacting sleep quality.
Evaluate any potential other health issues...or pain...or anything that might impact how you feel.

Getting a nice low AHI...hey, that's easy to do but that doesn't guarantee that we will get the miracle we read about others having.
Also...try to look at the positive improvements you have noticed. Example...I didn't have the "miracle" either but 2 things that were related to OSA did improve dramatically with optimal therapy and those were the nocturia and morning killer headaches. I no longer had to get up and pee every hour on the hour with a painfully full bladder...that alone was something that would have kept me using the machine despite not feeling the "miracle" in terms of energy.
I found that my energy levels were directly tied to my hours of sleep and the overall sleep quality...without both sufficient hours of good solid sleep (with minimal wakeups) that it didn't matter how good my AHI was...I still felt like crap. That's true to this day.

So it may be that you just need to give it time to get over that hump but there's no reason you can use that time to make sure that you are giving the body the best head start you can to getting there.