ResMed's New Zeo like Sleep Monitor/Analyzer

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: ResMed's New Zeo like Sleep Monitor/Analyzer

Post by palerider » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Midnight Strangler wrote:
sleepy1235 wrote:Not that S+ is like furniture with big magnets.
I was going to ask. Thanks for clearing it up.
yeah, it looks terribly uncomfortable, certainly too small to be a coffee table... it'd be lousy furniture.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

NateS

Post by NateS » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:20 pm

Bobby269 wrote:Nate.

Here are some answers to your questions.https://www.mysplus.com/HelpCenter/SetupPositioning
Edited.

This takes you to a log in screen. My resmed log in data opened it for me. Under help, your questions are answered.
I guess we found it simultaneously, but I thank you very much for your consideration and desire to help a fellow cpaper, Bobby!

Best wishes, Nate

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

NateS

Post by NateS » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:25 pm

sleepy1235 wrote:
I am suddenly reminded of a person I knew in Dallas who sold furniture with powerful magnets in it to cure arthritis. There were people who said it benefited them.
If they changed into their PJs while sitting on the side of the bed like I usually do, it probably benefited them by keeping track of all the loose change that would otherwise have fallen under the bed.

Regards, Nate

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:35 pm

Land and Sky used to make waterbeds with magnets in the frame.
Antiques museums have lots of magnetic devices in their quack medicine displays.
Magnets have been big monkey business since the 1800's.
Every generation finds new suckers. The Internet has really given a boost to this quackery.

smj34

Post by smj34 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:37 am

The Splus is interesting, but I doubt it would work for me. I have a dog who will often move on different sides of the bed. Staying obstruction-free could be a problem I'm not ready to deal with right now.

Has anyone looked into Basis Peak? It is primarily marketed as a fitness tracker/wearable, but I'm intrigued by the sleep function. I loved my old Zeo. I've used Fitbit fitness trackers for years but never paid attention to the sleep data (I can lie awake for hours reading my Kindle and it logs as sleep).

If the Peak is promising, I will consider purchasing. If questionable for useful sleep tracking, I am going to replace my current Fitbit with the newest (again, bypassing sleep data).

js12278

Post by js12278 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:38 am

fmj13

Post by fmj13 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:25 pm

I wonder how different it is from my Gear 4 Renew Sleep Clock http://www.amazon.com/Gear4-Renew-Sleep ... ords=gear4. That is my backup to the sleep tracker watch. Unfortunately, sleeptracker got bought out and they don't intend to produce any more of them.

Burkebang

Post by Burkebang » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:59 pm

It would be interesting to see if someone could record data with both a ZEO and S+ and compare the data

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Burkebang wrote:It would be interesting to see if someone could record data with both a ZEO and S+ and compare the data
There's a guy doing that over in the Quantified Self forum. So far, it sounds as if the S+ isn't doing so well.

https://forum.quantifiedself.com/thread ... 97#pid6697

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:28 pm

I have no way to verify the data or compare it to the Zeo, but I do find it strange that the poster in the above link had setup issues with The S+. I've been using mine since late November every night and I've never had any issues such as he describes in terms of setup or fine tuning. It worked just fine from night one forward, I've never seen any error or position messages and I have complete data for over sixty nights of use with no gaps. Maybe there is some variation between units and how sensitive the position is, but I've never had a problem.

I also find his issue with position strange as it has a "realtime test mode" where you can see the chest movement graph anytime you want as a regular feature just before putting the device into sleep monitoring mode. I'd think if it was positioned incorrectly you could see the problem right away during this pre-sleep stage that shows the movement graph on your mobile device screen in realtime.

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/