SleepyHead 0.9.8-1 Testing Builds

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:13 am

Last edited by princessbelle on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SGearhart

Re: SleepyHead 0.9.8-1 Testing Builds

Post by SGearhart » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:52 am

princessbelle wrote:I am not seeing a back up for the data on sleepy head so I did a search on my pc for sleepy head data and found a few differnt types of documents and some folders (2014 & Datalog). I am so new to Sleepy Head I am not sure what to back up. Are we backing up Sleepy Head or the data from the SD Card?
The backup SH is referring to is to make a directory and copy the SD's data. For instance, I've created a directory on my hard drive labeled "CPAP SD Card". The first thing I do each time I connect the SD card is to copy the entire contents of the SD to this directory. . . Just in case something goes wrong.

The actual SleepyHead data directory is located in "Documents\SleepyHeadData" (Note: if you're using version 0.9.8.1-testing; the directory name will have a "-Testing" suffix). Your data is under the "\profiles\User Name\CPAP name & model.

SleepyHead writes the data to the data directory automatically.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:55 am

nelamvr6 wrote:Still loving my Sleepyhaed, but still having to boot into Windows just to use it, because there's still NOTHING for Linux...
There are people using Linux. You might try using irc.freenode.net, ##cpaptalk to talk Mark and others about what you can do.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:04 pm

nelamvr6 wrote:Still loving my Sleepyhaed, but still having to boot into Windows just to use it, because there's still NOTHING for Linux...
that's funny, *scratching head* I could have sworn I'm on linux.

Code: Select all

pr@tyr:~$ uname -a
Linux tyr 3.16.0-28-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Mon Dec 8 17:15:28 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
pr@tyr:~$ file src/sleepyhead/sleepyhead/SleepyHead
src/sleepyhead/sleepyhead/SleepyHead: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=9080aa4a23bd91cc1fc91819dece07d21751d9d6, not stripped
admittedly, there is a bit of diy needed.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:07 pm

princessbelle wrote:I am not seeing a back up for the data on sleepy head so I did a search on my pc for sleepy head data and found a few differnt types of documents and some folders (2014 & Datalog). I am so new to Sleepy Head I am not sure what to back up. Are we backing up Sleepy Head or the data from the SD Card?
sleepyhead backs up the sd card data when it imports it.

it's under the Profiles/<name>/<machine>/Backup directory.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tan

Post by tan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:49 pm

palerider wrote:
that's funny, *scratching head* I could have sworn I'm on linux.

Code: Select all

pr@tyr:~$ uname -a
Linux tyr 3.16.0-28-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Mon Dec 8 17:15:28 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
pr@tyr:~$ file src/sleepyhead/sleepyhead/SleepyHead
src/sleepyhead/sleepyhead/SleepyHead: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=9080aa4a23bd91cc1fc91819dece07d21751d9d6, not stripped
admittedly, there is a bit of diy needed.
it is not that hard to compile on Linux. Try AIX or HPUX for a change

SGearhart

Post by SGearhart » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:56 pm

If anybody is interested. The data path for SH is stored in the registry. If you wish to relocate it, like I did, here is the location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jedimark\SleepyHead-Testing\Settings -> AppRoot = "LOCATION"

Warning: Editing the registry is NOT for novices!!!!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:45 pm

SGearhart wrote:If anybody is interested. The data path for SH is stored in the registry. If you wish to relocate it, like I did, here is the location:
alternatively, for those who don't want to work "without a net" as it were, you can just click the 'different folder' button on the 'select profile' initial sleepyhead screen.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:54 pm

tan wrote:it is not that hard to compile on Linux. Try AIX or HPUX for a change
or solaris *snork*

actually, any platform that has qt available for it should work without much effort.

download qt from qt-project.org, do a git clone, qmake and make

SGearhart

Post by SGearhart » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:07 pm

palerider wrote:
alternatively, for those who don't want to work "without a net" as it were, you can just click the 'different folder' button on the 'select profile' initial sleepyhead screen.

Version 0.9.8-1-Testing will GPF out if you select the "Select Folder" option.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:53 pm

SGearhart wrote:Version 0.9.8-1-Testing will GPF out if you select the "Select Folder" option.
works here.

archangle

Post by archangle » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:16 am

You can build the linux version by using the source on sourceforge.

The git address is

git://git.code.sf.net/p/sleepyhead/code sleepyhead-code

I think there's some instructions on sourceforge somewhere, but it's based on Qt, so you have to do qmake before running make, and pull in all the packages it needs.

The windoze 0.9.8 version runs just fine under wine for me.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

tan

Post by tan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:36 am

Detected an unusually high AHI today on my Autoset S9: 1.4. Imported data into SleepyHead: it showed 0.0. Anyone else reported the same?

archangle

Post by archangle » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:04 pm

tan wrote:Detected an unusually high AHI today on my Autoset S9: 1.4. Imported data into SleepyHead: it showed 0.0. Anyone else reported the same?
Sometimes there's a difference in which "day" you're looking at, and when the "day" starts. See if there's a 24 hour time period in your SH data that matches the "1.4" AHI.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

tan

Post by tan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:25 pm

archangle wrote:
tan wrote:Detected an unusually high AHI today on my Autoset S9: 1.4. Imported data into SleepyHead: it showed 0.0. Anyone else reported the same?
Sometimes there's a difference in which "day" you're looking at, and when the "day" starts. See if there's a 24 hour time period in your SH data that matches the "1.4" AHI.
And if I claim that I had 0.0 in SleepyHead both yesterday and today, could it be a bug?