SleepyHead 0.9.8-1 Testing Builds

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jedimark

SleepyHead 0.9.8-1 Testing Builds

Post by jedimark » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:17 pm

SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 Testing builds
I just uploaded some Windows "Testing" builds for anyone game to help test them.

64bit and 32bit Windows versions are available, each comes with both BrokenGL and OpenGL binaries, so you don't have to go hunting for one that suits your computers graphics card.

I updated the mac ones too, which fixes a several silly mistakes.

You can find the download links here:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions

Please BACK UP your SleepyHeadData folder before even attempting to upgrade...
Once you upgrade SleepyHead's data folder, you can't use it in an older version without causing corruption.

What's new/supported
ResMed AirSense 10 support
USB cable Import from the newer Contec CMS50F/I/H/FW/IW oximeters
You can even play with Weinmann SOMNOsoft / Balance CPAP data, although it's not complete yet.

Don't forget to try the right clicking on the graph yAxis/Title areas to see all the cool new features.

Speaking of new features
Graph Clone: compare a graph from another day by creating a temporary copy of any graph, or compare two sections of the same graph.
Toggle powerful Line cursor mode with F3
Individually selectable event overlays per graph (in line cursor mode)
AutoScaling works much better, and can be overridden neatly in the right click menu
Daily graphs with multiple plots can have ones you aren't interested in disabled.
Events and Waveform colors and names can be edited in preferences
Hold in Alt while selecting to get a bit control.. press the b key while alt is still down to bookmark a section without zooming in.
There is heaps more!

Which build to choose?
The 32bit version will run pretty much everywhere...

The 64bit version of course requires a 64bit processor, and may run better on windows 8, as it was built with Microsoft's most recent compiler.
You may be a little disappointed to know the 64bit version no faster though, it just can address more memory that SleepyHead doesn't really need.
It does give a nice warm fuzzy feeling know your running binaries that match your operating system bit-ness..

Graphics performance
I discovered today that BrokenGL builds work faster on older Intel graphics cards that do support OpenGL 2.0 (like HD3000 for instance)
However OpenGL builds are much faster on nVidia/AMD graphics, and newer Intel graphics chips like the Iris Pro.
Some notebooks have dual graphics chips.. I highly recommend running the OpenGL version of SleepyHead on the performance graphics processor if you are having performance problems.
There is an option in Help menu to switch on a frame-rate counter which can help you decide which runs better.
It's safe to jump between BrokenGL & OpenGL builds, so I suggest playing around and see which one works better for you.

Potential Upgrade Problems
If things don't seem to go right, try creating a fresh profile... or even a new SleepyHeadData folder. If you do this, and have a ResMed machine, you should be able to import from the automatic backup folder in the older profile folder to get your machine history back. If you have any other machine, and don't have your own backups, sorry to report that SleepyHead didn't have backups for your machine till now..

There are absolutely no guarantees that upgrades will work from versions earlier than 0.9.6... If it fails, please don't bother filing bug reports about this.. I'm sorry, but in the interest of moving forward and keeping SleepyHead maintainable, I'm not interested in solving those problems.

If you're on an earlier version, and want to upgrade, it's best to try going through 0.9.6 first. If 0.9.6 doesn't work for you, all I can say is good luck, and I hope it works for you! If not, you will need to create a new profile.

0.9.8's automatic SDCard backup system will help a lot in future should anything like this happen again.

Anyway, Good luck, I hope you enjoy all the new features in this update.
Hope all of the above made sense.. birdies are tweeting, telling me it's time to go to stop.. :-}

Sleep Well
Mark

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

palerider

Re: SleepyHead 0.9.8-1 Testing Builds

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:03 pm

just to emphasize a couple of points from mr sleepyheadman...

you can NOT go back to a previous version after running 0.9.8, so
BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST

also, if you have windows build experience, or linux build experience, or if you know someone that might like to be involved in helping to produce versions for windows or linux, get in touch with mark.

if there were other people besides him involved in creating versions, things could go faster, and he could spend more of his time coding neat new stuff, and less time compiling all the different versions and uploading them. (he'd get a good bit more done that way)

I asked mark why he doesn't have more people helping him, he said "well, I posted something about it and nobody was interested".... I asked when, because I've seen nothing about him being open to help, and he said "Ages ago".

well, Mark, maybe things have changed with new people in the forums!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:05 pm

Will play after work.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Actually able to play a bit now remotely.

Notes:

This is a Win7 Pro workstation.
Hardware is a Dell XPS 8700 - Intel i7-4770 Processor - 16gb RAM - SSD primary drive
Graphics is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX645

Backed up data before playing.

Using the OpenGL version.

MSVCR120.dll is not on workstation.
This was corrected by downloading vcredist_x64.exe file from:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40784

The important warning about write protecting the SD card makes sense if you are using Win8.. Win7 does not do that type of action. Might be good to note that. SDCard write protection doesn't work on all computers and the switch itself is normally fairly weak and easy to break.

The no data error that I got with 0.96 doesn't happen anymore...

When using Overview, it seems to be blank. Not sure what it is supposed to look like.

AHI shows nothing as I move the mouse around (date changes at the bottom but nothing on the chart)
Usage shows nothing as I move the mouse around (date changes at the bottom but nothing on the chart)
Session time shows a pink bar as I move between the days
Etc...

However I then clicked on one of them and all of the charts showed bar graph info. (will provide graphics as soon as I can)
Before clicking:

After click:

Restarting the program remembered the Calendar and side bar settings (cool).

Will play more when I get a chance.
Last edited by Krelvin on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:44 pm

Am I correct that it will only import the data from my SD card? I can't just import the data stored on my machine?

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Drowsy Dancer wrote:Am I correct that it will only import the data from my SD card? I can't just import the data stored on my machine?
Yes

It has no way to pull the data from your machine - No where to plug the computer into the machine. The data is saved on the SDcard by the S9 and then the SDcard is read by the software to read it.
Kevin... alias Krelvin

OldLincoln

Post by OldLincoln » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Mine is an 6-10 yr old Gateway 486 with built in NVidia video on an Envision 17" LED (NOT widescreen). Screen set at 1024 X 768.

I first start the pgm and the overview and statistics windows fit correctly in full size. However Daily and Overview stretch the window to the right past the viewing area. I tried manipulating the right border but it refuses to budge.

Any ideas?

OldLincoln
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet / F&P Simplex / DME: VA
It's going to be okay in the end; if it's not okay, it's not the end.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:49 pm

Krelvin wrote: When using Overview, it seems to be blank. Not sure what it is supposed to look like.

However I then clicked on one of them and all of the charts showed bar graph info. (will provide graphics as soon as I can)
HAH! so I'm NOT the only person that happens to.... and I'm on linux *thpppt* @ jedimark

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:51 pm

Drowsy Dancer wrote:Am I correct that it will only import the data from my SD card? I can't just import the data stored on my machine?
the older versions of SH didn't backup PRS1 data onto your computer, and the file formats that SH uses have changed to support new features and such.

going forward, SH will back up PRS1 data onto the computer, so in the future, you can reload the data from those backup files.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:58 pm

I downloaded this file here and it says Windows can't open this file. [SleepFiles (USA): SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit.7z]

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:09 pm

squid13 wrote:I downloaded this file here and it says Windows can't open this file. [SleepFiles (USA): SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit.7z]
You probably need to d/l the utility to open a file zipped in 7z format...I had to.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:10 pm

Krelvin wrote:
Yes

It has no way to pull the data from your machine - No where to plug the computer into the machine. The data is saved on the SDcard by the S9 and then the SDcard is read by the software to read it.
Thanks for confirming. I'll take a stab at this when I get back home to my machine and its SD card.

nelamvr6

Post by nelamvr6 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:37 pm

This looks really great! Thanks for all your hard work!

I installed it on my Windows 8 partition, and after some initial starts and stops, it's working great!

Now... Any idea when we'll see a version that works for Linux?

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:08 pm

squid13 wrote:I downloaded this file here and it says Windows can't open this file. [SleepFiles (USA): SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit.7z]
you need 7zip from 7-zip.org.

it makes much smaller files (nearly half the size) of .zip files, so that's why more and more places are using it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:11 pm

nelamvr6 wrote:This looks really great! Thanks for all your hard work!

I installed it on my Windows 8 partition, and after some initial starts and stops, it's working great!

Now... Any idea when we'll see a version that works for Linux?
how are you at compiling?

I'm using linux.

http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... rom_source

it's not too bad, download the qt dev environment, clone the source, and you might have to add a couple other packages...