SleepyHead 0.9.8-1 Testing Builds

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: SleepyHead 0.9.8-1 Testing Builds

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:52 pm

go back to the page you got the files from, and read the bottom line in the box that had the files in it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JQLewis

Post by JQLewis » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:30 am

I'm running the openGL64 bit version on Win 8. I'm seeing some bugs in the overview page, and in a couple of other areas.

1- The overview doesn't show the last day of data.

2- The numbers reported are off. The machine reports last night's AHI as 1.1, the daily shows 1.2, but the overview tooltip shows 2.2. The prior night is 1.91 and in the overview it's 6.27.

daily screenshot

overview screenshot

3- When I click on the overview, the view narrows by one day. Then last night's data shows up.
overview screenshot (one click)

As I continue to click I get the following results:

2 clicks: 4 days 10/6-10/9
3 clicks: 3 days 10/7-10/9
4 clicks: 3 days 10-8-10/10
5 clicks: 2 days 10/8-10/9
6 clicks: 2 days 10/9-10/10
7 clicks: 1 day 10/9
The program doesn't respond to further clicks.

4- When I switch from one week to two weeks it continues to report 10/9 as the last day, but when I switch to the one month view, the final day becomes 10/8.

5- When I imported the data I selected a custom range, since I had recently switched to a nasal mask and didn't want to bother with the prior data. It didn't import the range I'd requested, but instead imported from a month before the requested last day. I requested from 9-27 to 10/5 and instead it imported 9/5-10/5.

This one is just a style observation, not a bug (I think). On the "welcome page" there's a summary. According to the daily report my total leak time above redline was 2.751. The summary tells me that I had "significant periods of major mask leaks". Is 2.7 a "significant period"? Or is it perhaps based on the 5.46 that the overview is reporting, which would be significant? Also, I noticed that when my AHI was under 1 it said "pretty darn good", whereas 1.21 is reported as "reasonably good". Is that by design? Not a big deal, but it seems a tad gloomy.

Last edited by JQLewis on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleep Study-Titration Study
Help find the undiagnosed. Send me a PM if you'd like to help (http://osaaction.org)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:52 am

JQLewis wrote:This one is just a style observation, not a bug (I think). On the "welcome page" there's a summary. According to the daily report my total leak time above redline was 2.751. The summary tells me that I had "significant periods of major mask leaks". Is 2.7 a "significant period"?
I see this often myself. I do NOT consider 2.7% of the time in large leak "significant" even if the leak was really excessive in the 40 L/min range ...3% of 7 hours sleep is 12.6 minutes.

Time above large leak line is going to include any time at 25 L/min which is insignificant and likely isn't a huge big deal.
In my own past experience the S9 data doesn't get questionable until leaks hit the 30 L/min mark and are sustained at that level. If those 12 minutes in big leak was just spent at 26 or 27 L/min leak..it still gets flagged but it isn't the end of the world. Heck I wouldn't mess with 12 minutes out of 420, unless it woke me up often, even if massive 40 L/min excess leak gets reported.

I personally think that maybe the wording would have maybe been better to say
"periods of potential significant major mask leaks?
instead of
"significant periods of major mask leaks"

I have no answer to your other questions. You lost me on those and you are doing stuff I never have the need to do and best leave it to Mark to address.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:34 pm

Guest wrote:Hi,
I am running win 7 64 bit. I tried to download the new test version software USA and it says windows can not open file after it downloads. I even tried to download the older version with no luck. Please help.
You need the z-zip program to unpack it. http://www.7-zip.org/ It's a very good zip program.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

jctampa

Post by jctampa » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:25 am

On version .9.8-1 w/ Win 7 home premium: "Daily" shows humidifier as Disconnected although the heated humidifier and heated hose are connected and working.

SleepyToo2

Post by SleepyToo2 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:23 am

@JQLewis, I noted that the overview does not include the last night of use, which would why your overview gives a different value. Also, the overview summary data at the top seems to include user defined events, which gives a distorted picture of what is actually happening. Terminology on some of the pages could use a tweak or two, with correction of typos. However, I see that as the last thing to be done - lets have Mark concentrate on the important stuff first.

JQLewis

Post by JQLewis » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:16 pm

SleepyToo2 wrote:@JQLewis, I noted that the overview does not include the last night of use, which would why your overview gives a different value. Also, the overview summary data at the top seems to include user defined events, which gives a distorted picture of what is actually happening. Terminology on some of the pages could use a tweak or two, with correction of typos. However, I see that as the last thing to be done - lets have Mark concentrate on the important stuff first.
Below is your post. I see nothing about the latest day's data not being included in the overview, nor anything about the other anomalies I noted.
SleepyToo2 wrote:Great work, Mark! Fantastic, even! I love the TTIA graph on the Overview page - I am sure that has some relationship to how good or bad you feel when you wake up, but I have no evidence to prove it. The first machine I had did tell me TTIA, but I have been hoping for it to reappear ever since. Now it has, so thank you!

I am running the Broken GL 64-bit version. Apart from needing 7-Zip to extract it, and an updated version of Visual C++ redistributed, it installed perfectly. The issues I was having in version 0.9.6 with ridiculous readings for a couple of items have gone away, so that's good news.

Couple of observations:

1. Statistics - the lowest and highest AHI sessions are highlighted, including one of each that were only 2 days long. Is that the new normal?

2. Leak Rate - no way to add average lines to the overview chart? I figured them out for the daily charts.

3, Some explanation of the averages above the chart on the Overview page would be helpful. Mine has AHI 0.29 / 6.43 /1.59, etc. MIn and max are fine - but the 6.43 doesn't make sense over the last 2 weeks.

Thanks again for the time and effort put into making this program as great as it is. Docs should want to see the outputs so they can help their patients do better! By using this software I have worked out that I don't need so much pressure as the doc thought I did, I don't need C-Flex at all, but I do need some humidity.

Sleep Study-Titration Study
Help find the undiagnosed. Send me a PM if you'd like to help (http://osaaction.org)

cathyf

Post by cathyf » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:36 pm

Yesterday when I tried to use Sleepyhead for the first time to load data (having data the first time) I crashed SH in the data import. Here's what looks like the relevant snippet of the crash dump:
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00002a2f2a2f736d
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 QtWidgets 0x0000000102f0df69 QWidget::setAttribute(Qt::WidgetAttribute, bool) + 41
1 QtWidgets 0x0000000102f01710 QLayout::addChildWidget(QWidget*) + 512
2 QtWidgets 0x0000000102ef4fb9 QBoxLayout::insertWidget(int, QWidget*, int, QFlags<Qt::AlignmentFlag>) + 57
3 Jedimark.SleepyHead 0x0000000100059be5 MainWindow::on_action_Import_Data_triggered() + 517
4 Jedimark.SleepyHead 0x0000000100324f16 MainWindow::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**) + 854
5 Jedimark.SleepyHead 0x00000001003251bc MainWindow::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**) + 76
6 QtCore 0x00000001026a296f QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, int, int, void**) + 1359

I relaunched the program and it worked fine, and this morning I loaded my second day's worth of data from my card with no incidents.

My suspicion is that I am unusual because I am just starting out as a completely new user with no data from previous version(s) of SH to import. And that it's some simple logic thing that misses an initialization that is getting done when people import data from the previous version.

Other info...
Macbook Pro, mid-2009, 8GB RAM, running 10.6.8

NateS

Post by NateS » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:49 am

Mark,

Your current testing Mac version is just fabulous! Enjoying using it more than ever, and I'm about to go to the website at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyh ... p_redirect

and click the "Donate" button to make another contribution towards all your hard work and ingenuity!

Here is one thing I didn't previously notice, however, until this morning:

1) I am wondering why there are so many entries here, when they all seem to reflect the same pressure settings?

2) Also, I did have a different pressure setting from 1/29/12 to 1/30/12 which is reflected in SleepyHead when I call up "Records/Worst Rx Setting" but I know the setting during that period was different than what is shown.

That was so long ago that it is no longer personally important to me, but I thought it might be of interest to you in your programming of SleepyHead and your excellence in attention to detail.

Best wishes, Nate

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:44 pm

Using Windows 7..SH 0.9.8-1
The red line for leak no man's land went away last night. I can't find him. Nothing brings him back....tried resetting it in Preferences....tried creating a new user profile and importing again...he's gone...I kinda liked him. That red line was the only thing I used ResScan for and I loved him in SH.
He was there on all reports..now gone on all reports. Poof...went AWOL

Any ideas anyone?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Pugsy wrote:Using Windows 7..SH 0.9.8-1
The red line for leak no man's land went away last night. I can't find him. Nothing brings him back....tried resetting it in Preferences....tried creating a new user profile and importing again...he's gone...I kinda liked him. That red line was the only thing I used ResScan for and I loved him in SH.
He was there on all reports..now gone on all reports. Poof...went AWOL

Any ideas anyone?
right click over the y axis numbers, go down to 'dotted lines' and select the 'leak rate upper threshold'

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:54 pm

palerider wrote: right click over the y axis numbers, go down to 'dotted lines' and select the 'leak rate upper threshold'
Thank you.
It works..it's dotted now whereas before it was solid but that works just fine for me.
I was just about to remove that version and install again...saved me some work.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:10 pm

there's all sorts of optional right clicky dotted lines on the different graphs now

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:23 am

What is the significance of the grey bars in the usage area? Card not in machine???

http://i.imgur.com/4d4CvIy.png
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:42 am

Krelvin wrote:What is the significance of the grey bars in the usage area? Card not in machine???
I don't know what the significance is but it isn't "card not in the S9" the nights I left the card out of the machine have been 3 since July 11...SH gives me all gray usage until Aug 30 and 6 times after Aug 30.
I can't figure out what it might mean either. Usage hours varies from 8 plus to 4.4 in both colors so number of hours doesn't seem to be it.

But notice how the pressure graph is fixed until Aug 29...and my pressure was NOT fixed and it should look more like the other nights with pressures into the 20s. My settings having changed since Jan so the pressure statistics shown up to Aug 29 are inaccurate. Why? I don't know.