SleepyHead 0.9.8-1 Testing Builds

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ShelaghDB

Re: SleepyHead 0.9.8-1 Testing Builds

Post by ShelaghDB » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:52 pm

Hi ShelaghDB,

Sorry, I thought I posted a reply to your last post, but I must have closed the browser by accident before I finished.. I do that an awful lot

You will need this on the mac, which is a (kExt) driver for the serial port module used by Contec CMS50 oximeters
http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documen ... Driver.zip

Once you have this installed (and possibly rebooted, I'm not sure if it needs to), make sure the option is selected with CMS50I (the first one) in the oximetery wizard.

Make sure your oximeter is connected via USB and switched on, then simply click on the top button that says "Import directly from a recording on the device".

SleepyHead will pop up a session selection screen where you can pick which session you want to import.

After your session finishes importing, SleepyHead will pop up a screen asking where you want to put it.. you can either accept the time from the oximeters clock, or select a CPAP session to attach it to.

If you are attaching to a CPAP session, remember that in SleepyHead, by default, days go from noon to noon, so a sleep starts the day before. if it doesn't show any CPAP sessions you just imported, you may have to jump a day back and forth in the calendar.. this is a known bug I haven't had time to sort out yet.

Good luck!

Found the first bug.

I'm not asking for your help JediMark. You are too busy to be helping but I just wish to know IF It helps you if i do allow the log to be sent to Apple?
I normally never bother to send them but wish to make sure it is helpful, or that you do see them or somehow benefit from my sending them in if there is a problem.
For example, I downloaded, installed, etc and if i read your comments correctly, I both "imported directly from the device" and clicked on the 1st choice ( can't remember the model number it gave but don't think it was mine, the CMS50i but once I did it crashed.
Tried it a second time on the second one and crashed.
Now it crashes as soon as i try to import it.

So, I am just going to leave it for now. Its not at all urgent that i use this Oximeter thing, it was simply out of interest i bought it but i am going to go buy a new Mac Air this week so maybe on that it will work, who knows?
If not, I am sure it will in time so all I am asking at this point is whether or not you do want those logs sent to Apple?
If you don't benefit from them, I won't bother.........

In any event if it helps you in the meantime, I am using this on my mac that is OSX 10.9.5

Or if at any point you want direct logs sent to you just let me know and i can paste into text and send.........

Thx

 5k 27" Retina iMac,
 MacBookPro 10.9.5 13" 2.53Ghz + 10.9.5 13" 2.4Ghz
 iPad 4 16Gig + 3G  iPhone 5 + One + One 64gig CyanogenMod Version
 Apple TV + Airport Extreme

ShelaghDB

Post by ShelaghDB » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Not sure if I just had it set incorrectly before OR whether you have made this change with this version BUT I LOVE the way it takes screenshots now. Not just the window showing but i see it pop up and it allows it to stretch out the picture so it takes more than one initially sees, getting ALL of the info.

If thats a change you made, Bravo!

If its not and i am only discovering it now than its still a Bravo to you. ( and perhaps a slap in the head for stupidity for me for not having noticed it sooner

 5k 27" Retina iMac,
 MacBookPro 10.9.5 13" 2.53Ghz + 10.9.5 13" 2.4Ghz
 iPad 4 16Gig + 3G  iPhone 5 + One + One 64gig CyanogenMod Version
 Apple TV + Airport Extreme

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:57 am

ShelaghDB wrote:I'm not asking for your help JediMark. You are too busy to be helping but I just wish to know IF It helps you if i do allow the log to be sent to Apple?
The report to Apple is for system problems. Won't do much related to SleepyHead since they don't develop it. Same would be for a report to MicroSoft. For the user, most of the time a waste of time.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

MountainHigh

Post by MountainHigh » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Excellent work. Any gut feeling as to what those unknown PRS1 code events might be?

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:10 pm

MountainHigh wrote:Excellent work. Any gut feeling as to what those unknown PRS1 code events might be?
guesses are welcome.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

coolbranch

Post by coolbranch » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:59 am

When setting up new version, will the program pull in the SPO2 and pulse data from the old program? Don't want to screw this up.

I LOVE OSCAR

jctampa

Post by jctampa » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:56 am

Running laptop w/ Win 7 Home Edition with SleepyHead 0.9.8-1. After using SH for about a week I'm very happy with the program, enough that I was glad to become a donator already. Keep it coming, I now feel like I have a handle on dealing with my OSA.

IreneN

Overview graphs issue(s)

Post by IreneN » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:03 am

Mark -

In the Overview screen, if the date range is changed to anything greater than 3 months, all the data disappears and the screen displays blank graphs (except for a couple of artifacts). A custom date range greater than 3 months can be selected and displays correctly, UNLESS you select the first day there is data. So I can select a start date of June 21 and all is well, but if I select June 20, the first day with data, blanks again. Pesky nit, I know.

Also in Overview, is there supposed to be a color legend with the graphs? Pretty hard to figure out what the colors represent otherwise.

MountainHigh

Post by MountainHigh » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:28 pm

palerider wrote:
MountainHigh wrote:Excellent work. Any gut feeling as to what those unknown PRS1 code events might be?
guesses are welcome.
Well PRS1_01 seems to indicate "start of flow rate data", "end of flow rate data" and "transition from ramp-up to constant pressure" on my simple cpap - this was easy to deduce visually just by adding the PRS1_01 Overlay flag onto the Pressure waveform graph on the Daily view. Not an earth-shattering discovery, but certainly a demonstration of the value of the addition of the "add CPAP Overlay flags to any daily waveform" feature.

The PRS1_0b is a little bit trickier, but my initial guess is "end of a Hypopnea that really wasn't a Hypopnea after all." They usually happen at the beginning of a leak rate increase from 0 to >20, and the (non)Hypopnea often has a single decreasing half-exponential waveform pattern. Another guess could be "dude just took his mask off." I am not sure what the meaning of the value attached to the flag is, but it is related in some way to the value of the (non)Hypopnea. For instance, for (non)Hypopneas in the 6 to 10 second range, the value of the PRS1_0b flag is in the range of 10 to 14. And for a (non)Hypopnea that was allegedly 71 seconds long, the PRS1_0b flag occurred exactly 71 seconds after the H flag and had a value of 73.

I haven't had a chance to look at the PRS1_0e events yet, they are much more numerous.

Snowleopard28

Post by Snowleopard28 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:35 pm

First off, well done Mark, I appreciated all the hard work your doing do help others of us with Sleep Disordered Breathing. I've been really enjoying exploring SleepyHead 0.9.8.1 test version. One very minor thing I noticed, for those of us that use the PRS1 960 ASV machine, where you have the list of settings for the machine your using, the BPM backup rate isn't listed. Not a really big deal but could be good thing to see if you already don't know your setting.

The problem I'm having, I've been unable to load ALL of my data. I'm new to sleep apnea treatment and only started back in July with the PRS1 ASV. But I can't seem to get any data prior to Aug. 17th. Now, I'm not sure it's entirely a SleepyHead problem, it might be the way PRS1 saves the data. The data is divided in different folders. SleepyHead 0.9.5 and 0.9.6 were able to show all of the days. If you look in each folder, there's only so many days in one to be continued in the next folder. I know I'm not explaining it very well, but my computer skills are only a bit above novice. Is there something I'm not doing when importing data? I've imported from the SD card and a folder that I keep an extra backup.

Last edited by Snowleopard28 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:18 pm

MountainHigh wrote:
palerider wrote:
guesses are welcome.
Well PRS1_01 seems to indicate "start of flow rate data", "end of flow rate data" and "transition from ramp-up to constant pressure" on my simple cpap - this was easy to deduce visually just by adding the PRS1_01 Overlay flag onto the Pressure waveform graph on the Daily view. Not an earth-shattering discovery, but certainly a demonstration of the value of the addition of the "add CPAP Overlay flags to any daily waveform" feature.

The PRS1_0b is a little bit trickier, but my initial guess is "end of a Hypopnea that really wasn't a Hypopnea after all." They usually happen at the beginning of a leak rate increase from 0 to >20, and the (non)Hypopnea often has a single decreasing half-exponential waveform pattern. Another guess could be "dude just took his mask off." I am not sure what the meaning of the value attached to the flag is, but it is related in some way to the value of the (non)Hypopnea. For instance, for (non)Hypopneas in the 6 to 10 second range, the value of the PRS1_0b flag is in the range of 10 to 14. And for a (non)Hypopnea that was allegedly 71 seconds long, the PRS1_0b flag occurred exactly 71 seconds after the H flag and had a value of 73.

I haven't had a chance to look at the PRS1_0e events yet, they are much more numerous.
I'm sure that Mark will be intersted in your ideas... those events are all 'unknown' in SH because nobody has figured out exactly what they are... and, the numbers reported don't seem to be durations, either... so, nobody really knows what those are either

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:46 pm

coolbranch wrote:When setting up new version, will the program pull in the SPO2 and pulse data from the old program? Don't want to screw this up.
If you upgrade from 0.9.6 it should work (I just tested with some of my wifes oximetery data)
If something doesn't seem right afterwards, run the "Automated Oximetery Cleanup" option.

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

jedimark

Re: Overview graphs issue(s)

Post by jedimark » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:01 pm

IreneN wrote:Mark -

In the Overview screen, if the date range is changed to anything greater than 3 months, all the data disappears and the screen displays blank graphs (except for a couple of artifacts). A custom date range greater than 3 months can be selected and displays correctly, UNLESS you select the first day there is data. So I can select a start date of June 21 and all is well, but if I select June 20, the first day with data, blanks again. Pesky nit, I know.

Also in Overview, is there supposed to be a color legend with the graphs? Pretty hard to figure out what the colors represent otherwise.
Summary data is now demand loaded as it's needed, and It can takes some time to pull up a lot of data in overview.
The blanky bit is a known bug, sometimes it needs a redraw that isn't triggered properly... I just haven't been able to replicate it yet so I can fix it

There is an option in preferences that may help, which forces SleepyHead to "PreLoad all summary data at startup".. (Down the bottom in the Import tab)
This option also gives more data in the records box.

I'm personally not fond of demand loading summaries, but this way people with years of data who are only interested in the last few months don't have to wait so long at startup.

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi,
I am running win 7 64 bit. I tried to download the new test version software USA and it says windows can not open file after it downloads. I even tried to download the older version with no luck. Please help.

dekelsey61

Post by dekelsey61 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:32 pm

squid13 wrote:I downloaded this file here and it says Windows can't open this file. [SleepFiles (USA): SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit.7z]
I have the same issue. Running Win 7 64bit. Do not understand the zip thing? Please help