Translate Please

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
EMTunit31

Re: Translate Please

Post by EMTunit31 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:42 pm

My primary doctors office called today and said the sleep doctor will be in our town on Tuesday and will "fix" (I hope that means, get it right this time) my report. I say it shouldn't need fixing. Anyhow, when I call her Wednesday, I will know if he really did revisit the test or not. If I don't think so, I do believe he will have gotten under my last nerve for him, and I will pay him a visit when he comes to town next week. I have had it up to here (can you see me with my hand up over my head) with his s%#@.

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:58 am

EMTunit31 wrote:Anyhow, when I call her Wednesday, I will know if he really did revisit the test or not. If I don't think so, I do believe he will have gotten under my last nerve for him, and I will pay him a visit when he comes to town next week.
You're going to need a plan, otherwise you're going to get the Ol' Aztec Technical Mumbo-Jumbo ("Well, y'know the Diagnostic Code of the Fresnic Freem is academic because the Treatment Bifurcation results in a Convoluted Schlep of the Semi-Passive Threaded T-Washer") and walk out of there going "Huh?"

Your report:

looks like if was done with Alice Software (example):

so what you do is bring a memory stick and say:

"Can I have an export of the raw data file please? I want to get a second opinion. TIA."
You Kids Have Fun!!

EMTunit31

Post by EMTunit31 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:29 am

Sludge wrote:so what you do is bring a memory stick and say:"Can I have an export of the raw data file please? I want to get a second opinion. TIA."
That's an excellent idea Sludge. Not only will I have the data but it will make him look closer as well as get under HIS skin.

EMTunit31

Post by EMTunit31 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:24 pm

The machine was set on 8 to 16 and I think I had one of my better nights. My leaks are very good.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6lbhe9s57djac ... 0.jpg?dl=0

EMTunit31

Post by EMTunit31 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Can someone explain the "Flow Rate" to me?

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:25 pm

EMTunit31 wrote:Can someone explain the "Flow Rate" to me?
That's your breathing line -- inhales are the upper curves, exhales are on the downslope. Do you know how to zoom in on your Flow Rate graph in SleepyHead for a breath-by-breath view? My lines are not very pretty, but you get the idea:

On my Mac I zoom in either by clicking on the part of the Flow Rate graph that I want to look at, or I put the cursor on the spot and then use my down arrow.

Last edited by kaiasgram on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:28 pm

zoom in.

when the line goes up, you're inhailing, when the line goes down, you're exhailing.

what else do you wanna know?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:30 pm

Flow rate graph as in SleepyHead detailed flow rate graph?

It's just a graph of your breathing...or air flow. The overall image doesn't make much sense because of the number of breaths that happened during the asleep time but if you zoom in on a single event the graph moves in much closer and you can see each individual graph.

Go to the events tab and you will see the different categories of events...click on one of the categories and when that opens up click on a single event and watch the graphs on the right zoom in so you can see that event in detail up close and look at the breath by breath air flow (flow rate) and see what the breaths look like and you can see where there is no breathing and thus no air flow.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

EMTunit31

Post by EMTunit31 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:38 pm

Pugsy wrote:Flow rate graph as in SleepyHead detailed flow rate graph?
Yes, that's the graph I was wondering about. Thank You Pugsy. You've been so much help.

EMTunit31

Post by EMTunit31 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:15 pm

This is scary. Glad tomorrow my doctor is sorting this out with "ESKY"! Looks dangerous to me. Going to see if my husband will be able to take me to get a copy of that data.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tv0ep3273gq40 ... l.jpg?dl=0

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Scary doesn't even come close to describing it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

cathyf

Post by cathyf » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:47 pm

If I put my flow rate graph next to the snore graph, and zoom in, what it shows is that when I'm not snoring the air flows nice and regular, and when I snore it bounces all over. Which is what it sounds like is happening when you listen to snores!

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:07 pm

cathyf wrote:
If I put my flow rate graph next to the snore graph, and zoom in, what it shows is that when I'm not snoring the air flows nice and regular, and when I snore it bounces all over. Which is what it sounds like is happening when you listen to snores!
yes, you can see the snores in the flow graph... neat, isn't it?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

EMTunit31

Post by EMTunit31 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:51 am

This is interesting. I also woke to the machine being off.?.?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ck1ag53anoz2 ... 3.jpg?dl=0

OhHelpMe

Post by OhHelpMe » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:54 am

palerider wrote: when the line goes up, you're inhailing, when the line goes down, you're exhailing.
kaiasgram wrote:inhales are the upper curves, exhales are on the downslope
****SHOCKED**** That people with as many posts as the two of you have this badly wrong.

Correct answer,
Points above the x axis are during inhale and points below the x axis are during exhale.