My first screen shots

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: My first screen shots

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:08 am

palerider wrote:here's where I'm seeing it:
Yes, I am finally able to get to that screen after a few hoops to jump through but only from your links.

When I do the "view image" thing from the original image....I get nothing but a black background and the small image with a photobucket address and I can't go any further with trying to enlarge it or do anything with it. In other words can't get to the regular photobucket page/album to get the usual stuff. I get to somewhere that I can't do anything to or with.
I can use Photobucket once I get to where it lets me do something but with the first image I couldn't get to where I normally need to go and could find an alternate way to get there. None of my usual tricks worked.
Using your links..I was able to get to the usual place.

It may be my browser...FireFox or my IP thing again. I don't feel like worrying about it anymore though. It is what it is. Long story that I don't want to go into right now.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

cnl390

Post by cnl390 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:37 am

Pugsy wrote:Oh heck, you are using a full face mask because the tech didn't think you could stand 16 cm up your nose. What a load of crap.
I use nasal pillows and routinely sleep through pressures over 20 cm.
It's not like using a full face mask at 16 cm never wakes a person up...geez.
There are people successfully using constant pressures over 20 cm with some sort of nasal mask....sure a bit of a challenge at those pressures to get a seal but it's not like there are zero issues with leaks with a full face mask..

Try a nasal mask of your choice now and sleep in any position you want to sleep in. People shouldn't be expected to give up what they have grown accustomed to unless absolutely necessary and I have yet to see it be absolute necessary to change position with the exception of maybe supine sleeping needs 18 cm and side sleeping needs 8 cm and the person used to sleep on their backs all the time. They could still sleep on their backs with 18 cm if they wanted to but 8 cm is much easier to use.
cnl390 wrote:clinician said that with the 16 maximum the pressure would always be waking me up
maybe it would and maybe it wouldn't....that's an old wives tale about higher pressures and nasal only masks.

Besides....I don't think you are going to need 16 cm often if if you do it would be only for very brief time once that minimum pressure is more optimal.

No I don't have one now, but I am going to purchase one. I was thinking about the Resmed Swift FX

Do you have a nasal mask of some sort available now?

ResMed AirMini

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:49 am

Yes, I think I have a nasal pillow mask available. Don't think I have the Swift FX though.
Let me check and see what I have and will get back with you.

I have some Swift FX nasal pillows that are new but I don't think I have the full headgear.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:43 pm

cnl390 wrote:
Pugsy wrote:Oh heck, you are using a full face mask because the tech didn't think you could stand 16 cm up your nose. What a load of crap.
I use nasal pillows and routinely sleep through pressures over 20 cm.
It's not like using a full face mask at 16 cm never wakes a person up...geez.
There are people successfully using constant pressures over 20 cm with some sort of nasal mask....sure a bit of a challenge at those pressures to get a seal but it's not like there are zero issues with leaks with a full face mask..

Try a nasal mask of your choice now and sleep in any position you want to sleep in. People shouldn't be expected to give up what they have grown accustomed to unless absolutely necessary and I have yet to see it be absolute necessary to change position with the exception of maybe supine sleeping needs 18 cm and side sleeping needs 8 cm and the person used to sleep on their backs all the time. They could still sleep on their backs with 18 cm if they wanted to but 8 cm is much easier to use.
cnl390 wrote:clinician said that with the 16 maximum the pressure would always be waking me up
maybe it would and maybe it wouldn't....that's an old wives tale about higher pressures and nasal only masks.

Besides....I don't think you are going to need 16 cm often if if you do it would be only for very brief time once that minimum pressure is more optimal.

No I don't have one now, but I am going to purchase one. I was thinking about the Resmed Swift FX

Do you have a nasal mask of some sort available now?

please stop putting your responses in the middle of other peoples quotes, it makes it VERY hard to figure out what you're saying.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:56 pm

palerider wrote:please stop putting your responses in the middle of other peoples quotes, it makes it VERY hard to figure out what you're saying.
I learned my lesson with the first one. I caught this one.

to OP
To save confusion and that little thing where comments get stuck in the quoted section...I don't see the need to quote everything I say.... just answer my question if I have posed one. I will figure it out or if I can't will ask for clarification.

I know some people like to go with the entire quoted thing but I don't find it necessary myself and since I tend to write short novels...takes up way too much space anyway. If someone wants to read again what I say they can scroll back.

Quoting a lot of stuff really isn't needed unless the thread has gotten way off track and we are talking to multiple people about multiple issues. IMHO and isn't need to keep me happy.

For the others...I am currently trying to figure out if I have a nasal pillow mask that this guy can try. I think I do..maybe not the one he was really wanting but the price should make it real attractive...free.